Actium Hall of Fame

DeletedUser1094

While everyone argues about coalitions I'm gonna throw one more category out there.

Best Looking Alliance: BoB by far. They should be put in grep calendar.

And since people mentioned fighting BoB, they fought everyone up until WW. The lone wolf alliance? Regardless it's all said and done and there are always two sides to every story I suppose

Mohit lol yeah still the real Al and like BOB we did not join or pick a side until Wonders were well under way while BOB joined Bada and Sin before wonders (LOL RORY) jk..
As for wonders, better to fight for a win then hand over WWs. That would not make me fell proud just proves how Clint is as a player LOL and Leader. For your Crew Mohit good job taking advantage of it.

Binder you can stew and put a target on me all you want bigger fish have tried on me. Ask Fatcheeser, Celt, SilentTaker, Ildi , R34per(my buddy will give first hand knowledge), Trav, Mord and Sum and others who tried.

DeletedUser12251

I did not like the idea off handing off WW, however, it was coalition vs coalition. For all intents and purposes, Bada giving WWs over was not an insane move as it was within the same coalition. Ugly had people from several alliance jumping in and out to give resources, so they had several alliances working on getting 4 WW first. So did SnS, except our WW were originally divided up between two alliances in the same coalition. It's still coalition vs coalition, whether you like it or not. I didn't like it, but it is what it is and I understand and either had to accept it or screw over the people who helped me out months ago and quit. The finger should not be pointed at SnS or Bada, but at everyone involved in putting together coalitions (Bada, SnS, Ugly, WaF, etc). Just about everyone is to blame for such a poor WW stage.

To avoid this in the future, we would have to refuse to build coalitions, however, some MRA and/or weak alliance(s) will surely build one anyway which in turn will cause another one, maybe two, to form, beginning the trend all over again.

Toast i agree about coalitions and maybe early to mid stages they serve a purpose.. If we had a wonder built and Uglies came to me and said take yours down a notch i would not even if i am in the same coalition. Win on your own terms, or not at all guess i am old fashioned that way.
I only joined up with the Uglies and crew in the late stages of the wonder phase and to be honest a little help is not bad, did it mostly for an ally against Bada. Before that we were on our own kicking the crap out of Bada and their 4 alliances and SIN and their many alliances.

DeletedUser12251

I guess most see each coalition as one big alliance. Wasn't how I saw it, but I understand. Hopefully in a future world we can avoid coalitions, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

DeletedUser

I guess most see each coalition as one big alliance. Wasn't how I saw it, but I understand. Hopefully in a future world we can avoid coalitions, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Most Sensible Forum Poster: Irontoast

toast seems to post in the externals only to resolve conflict or create a thread that praises others qualities and not their flaws. His effort to draw people back to the externals and promotion of positive discussion literally makes him the toast of the town (or us45) and for that he is my 2016 nominee for Most Sensible Forum Poster!

other category nominations will be posted later... maybe

DeletedUser12251

My first nomination! I am truly honored I was considered for this. I do my best to look for the strong characteristics in players and not point out how bad they actually are. Sometimes it is tough, but with the support of my alliance, all things are possible. I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout Actium, in good times and bad, and give a shout out to those who kept me motivated to continue playing in this world. You all know who you are. God bless and don't do drugs! *End speech

DeletedUser10953

Binder you can stew and put a target on me all you want bigger fish have tried on me. Ask Fatcheeser, Celt, SilentTaker, Ildi , R34per(my buddy will give first hand knowledge), Trav, Mord and Sum and others who tried.

I would take Binder over every player on this list other than maybe Ildi and that is because she is the best sniper I have ever seen. Oppressed is the best all-around player I have played with and one of these guys that refuses to use gold and is still a force to be reckoned with. And he is a nice dude to argue with until 7 am if you are drunk enough ;) All these guys and gals you have listed are great players but discounting Binder as an upper echelon player is plain silly. SilentTaker is laughable and I cannot believe you would even mention him with the rest of those players as much as you make your living on complaining about gold usage! C'mon Al! Other than Binder asking me for City Protection all the time he is a fantastic player/attacker/teammate/red-island-penetrator. I do not believe that you took any cities from him before he quit in Pella but I guess it's far too late for any of us to prove that as fact or fiction.

Sorry for no rankings on players, I just love everyone the same.

(Yes I am drunk. Yes I am happy for once.)

Peace out homies
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL flav i know i should have not mentioned Silent Taker damn what was i thinking (throw him out) but i played against Binder and he is not as good as any of the ones i listed . There are more on the list that are tops that tried me all fail.. I do not know Oppressed or Elphine yet so will hold judgement as i never faced either. I do know both are doing a great job.

DeletedUser12662

It's very hard to choose, but here are my favorites from those who were near... I tried to pick a friendly and (former-)opponent player for each category.

1. Best Attacker (best at running Ops and taking cities from enemies):
AD / Fatcheeser / Nalyn / Demacia
2. Best Defender (best at protecting their cities and the cities of their teammates):
MolonLabe11 (the silent sniper) / pictureplan / binderjoel
3. Best Team Player (most helpful to their alliance and the alliance's goals):
Ildi / mohitsenapaty
4. Best Leader/Founder (who did the most with what they had):
The Celt / Flavius Aetius
5. Best Overall (who you think is the absolute best player):
PoseidonsWrath14 / Oppressed and browarrior2.0
6. Most Overrated (who you feel did not perform to their potential):
Game Error
7. Most Underrated (who you feel performed beyond expectation):
crimsonsky / CLINTAURUS

DeletedUser

Seems fairly sound and reasonable from what I have seen, +Rep :D

DeletedUser

1. Best Attacker (best at running Ops and taking cities from enemies): this is just off the top of my head

---Flavius Aetius believes that all a growing boy needs is ABP! really stood out in the early days of Actium when DWS was fighting for a core against far superior numbers in the GoT alliances. Managed to organize mulitple sieges and slowly break the will of those HBO references

---The Celt, Nalyn01, and Fatcheeser all have some good conquests

---johno1972 & j r barnes have a couple good conquests mixed in with loads of internals but thats understandable

2. Best Defender (best at protecting their cities and the cities of their teammates):

---binderjoel stood up to a lot of front line pressure that would have cracked a lot of other top players

---ildi I remembered this account's name, on multiple occasions, being cursed (on skype settle down mods) for perfectly timed snipes on the front and back side

---Irontoast played with only a few mates for a while in o54 (BoB country) between the collapse of T4H and joining BS

3. Best Team Player (most helpful to their alliance and the alliance's goals):

---Flavius Aetius bends over backwards to get things done for others. He will ALWAYS let you know how he feels about an issue but he comes through in the clutch time after time

---gorben & Ildi always see these two involved in others ops but that can be said for a number of other BoBs too

---malo diablo you know its a real WAF siege break if malo is sending attacks. never seems to skip a break no matter the odds or size of the member

---mohitsenapaty is a top tier individual but always seems to be involved in supporting and raising awareness of others needs

4. Best Leader/Founder (who did the most with what they had): while it would be easy to pick key diplomats in BS, BoB, Bada, and DWS all of which had their differences. I have to give credit to the people that forced them to the table, WAF/BoS

---malo diablo & WAF leaders for proposing a merger that put them in a position to compete for the win. After losing two leaders and a number of other players they pushed through the internals and made some diplo moves that really forced other alliances to counter in a relatively short time before WW. (while none of us likes being associated with the actium wide hug out... it did push them into the favorites circle for a WW win)

---j r barnes for rallying ugly following a discouraging victors loss and multiple large accounts bailing out. Ugly & WAF appear to be pushing for more than a stale mate crown scenario with some members and allies still pushing north have since given up and run to VM

---While it is very biased, mike.22mba helped manage a lot of egos within DWS and always looked out for our best interest. He never seeks credit and rarely receives any from the outside but he dealt with a lot more drama than an easy going guy, like himself, should have to. On top of that he is far more capable player than he lets on.

---as an individual fighter elphine might be one of the most dynamic players I have seen in years of playing and has a very thorough understanding of minute details of the game others, myself included, might not bother to consider

6. Most Overrated (who you feel did not perform to their potential):

---TheApexPredator I have heard this name mentioned, across multiple worlds, as one of the best on the US servers. While thats probably true they didn't meet those expectations on us45, one of the most talented us servers to date, leaving in the early stages of this world. To be fair it would be difficult to live up to the Exit Strategy expectations without total dominance start to finish on any server.

---BE0W0LF assembled a team of all stars, has been a successful leader on other servers and a top tier fighter. Again with high expectations Beo never seemed to start rolling as a upper echelon fighter and then left BoS/WAF at a critical time.

---The Smilodon Fatalis was on multiple peoples top 12 lists at the start of this server for recognition as both a leader and individual player. I never really saw anything to justify that on Actium at least. Though TSF was said to have put up a decent fight early in the wake of Inked Up fall out, the recanted compliments of AD and Dub didn't reflect on a good leaders judgement.

7. Most Underrated (who you feel performed beyond expectation):

---Zhao Shuns first grepolis world was us45 which is a little shocking considering what was accomplished before leaving Actium. I assume WAF people helped Zhao pick up the concepts amazingly fast and soon began to make an impact on front lines, running organized ops with other new grepolis players (outkast19) on their own. Great on the timer and was confident enough to develop their own style of play. If Zhao continues to learn the mechanics of the game this player could develop into one of the top players across the US or EN servers

I feel like some of these were too difficult to narrow down to one person. Could probably list an additional 20 selfless team players (bigalan, Praetorian II, soxhbs, Anuby, C-lav Greatest, boud, Gillix, Mordred604, Zdravko Colic, John Mcaloon, etc.. those are just the blue and green banners) for differing reasons but those above were some of the most well rounded.

DISCLAIMER! these are just my own opinions from my narrow view of us45, sorry for any top notch players overlooked. Will post a final revised version at the end of Actium, still plenty of grepolis to be played before the end

DeletedUser12251

Dang, that was a pretty impressive list. Your argument for each player was short but solid. + rep for sure.

DeletedUser12251

Saints and Sinners. Coalitions tainted the win though.

DeletedUser11005

It's very hard to choose, but here are my favorites from those who were near... I tried to pick a friendly and (former-)opponent player for each category.
PoseidonsWrath14 / Oppressed and browarrior2.0

:-o You had me at best <3 lol

DeletedUser11005

1. Best Attacker (best at running Ops and taking cities from enemies): Irontoast - came back to the game surrounded by reds on all sides and turned the 55/54 border into his own continent of toastopia.

2. Best Defender (best at protecting their cities and the cities of their teammates): oppressed... Never went up against him much but consistently drove enemy alliances nuts.

3. Best Team Player (most helpful to their alliance and the alliance's goals): pictureplan... Quietly had a beast of a server playing half the time from her phone. Always there with support/attacks when needed.

4. Best Leader/Founder (who did the most with what they had):JR Barnes without a doubt. Put up with more bs and crap than any leader I've seen and still came seconds from the victor.

5. Best Overall (who you think is the absolute best player): elphine/binderjoel... Both consistently dominated from start to finish.

6. Most Overrated (who you feel did not perform to their potential): Dub Colis... Small sample size but was hyped big at the beginning of the server and never met expectations.

7. Most Underrated (who you feel performed beyond expectation): Shinigami... Was unknown but a total stud for SD throughout the server.