Achilles'- Guide to Grepolis

DeletedUser

Very helpful overall. Just wondering if there is a post or page any where that goes over the attack planner and how to utilize it with multiple cities. I can't seem to find any good information.

DeletedUser

Wow. That is very informative and well laid out. I am going to print this out and keep it as a reference. Thank you :)

DeletedUser

This is a great guide, thank you for posting it! I just have one question, is there a guide for what to research in these multiple cities? I have done many searches with a lot of different keywords, but I haven't turned anything up yet.

Thanks!

DeletedUser7629

First off, thanks so much for such a elaborate and awesome guide.

I just had some questions/concerns about the research part. Is the calculations you took for the US 2.0 version ? (or whatever we are on). Because I notice you mentioned "Instructor". Now I imagine that is "Trainer" ? Cause I see no "Instructor".

In turn, that made me realize maybe some of this is a little different due to possibly playing different versions of the game. SO that causes my concern for how it will all work, and any changes to still accomplish what you say may throw the calculations off due to being limited to 120 points.

Now I am still a beginner at this game, so I am only asking this to be clear and not to question your obvious veteran'ness, So I ask:

I notice you left out "City Guard" (3 pts). Is this done on purpose cause you feel it is unnecessary ? Or in that version did they not have the "City Guard Option" (cause I know various things were different) ?

Same question with "Fast Transport Ship". Cause at one point you mention "we want to give the enemy as little time as possible to react to our attacks. Also useful in confusing enemies with little grasp of analyzing our incoming attacks." In light of talking about the importance of speed. Seemingly using Fast Transport Ships would even increase that speed. So you not mentioning them has me wondering.

Cause if I have to throw in "Fast Transport Ship" (8pts), and "City Guard" (3pts), then I would have to get rid of something else. IMO if farming correctly, you really could skip "Architecture" (6pts), "Conscription" (4pts), and/or "Mathematics" (6pts) to make up the room for them others ? Saving them resources almost doesn't make up for the 16 research points that could be going somewhere more valuable ? No ? (this is IF farming correctly).

Or is Fast Transport Ship and City Guard both in the version you based this on too, and you purposely left them out cause to your calculations they are not better than what you mentioned ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow man. That is freakin impressive. I just learned more in 15 minutes than I have in the last 3 weeks. My faith in humanity is restored. For now

DeletedUser

for the defense with cyclops' its 215 swordsman, 326 archers, 259 hoplites and 5 cyclops. 14,353 blunt defense, 13,028 sharp defense, 18,725 ranged defense. gives you 76.65% blunt defense and 69.58% sharp defense. same as option 1, this defense uses 1000 population.

DeletedUser

A Dangerous point.

Wow man. That is freakin impressive. I just learned more in 15 minutes than I have in the last 3 weeks. My faith in humanity is restored. For now

I followed this guide and, I am about one day from the end of Beginners Protection and I suddenly realized something.
After going through the guide again, there are NO build orders for the City Wall. It is mentioned ONCE and, never again. Now, I am 30 hours from 'no umbrella' and I am now trying to get my wall above 10 before I get exposed. My fault for not reading the build set a couple of times but, damn. A wall is kind of important.

DeletedUser7629

I followed this guide and, I am about one day from the end of Beginners Protection and I suddenly realized something.
After going through the guide again, there are NO build orders for the City Wall. It is mentioned ONCE and, never again. Now, I am 30 hours from 'no umbrella' and I am now trying to get my wall above 10 before I get exposed. My fault for not reading the build set a couple of times but, damn. A wall is kind of important.

Welcome Noel. Well the subject you bring up is not cut and dry, and it will indeed lead to several different answers pending on who you talk to and the building style of the city. And more importantly if you play Conquest or Revolt worlds.. etc...

In a nut shell, some swear by a wall (level 25 and tower) at all times no matter what. On other hands, you got some that never build walls and towers. And then you got some that do either pending on the build style of their city.

So don't get to caught up in one way of thinking.

Reasons ? (way too much to type, but..) I will strictly speak from a Conquest world point of view now:

A wall and tower also will help a enemy hold a siege on you if they do land a CS in your city. As you try to break their siege the wall level and tower of your own city is defending them and helping keeping you out.

At the same time pending on the city/troop build, a wall could prevent the siege in the first place.

50/50 brother. Not cut and dry.

IE: If you have only offense in your city, and you nor anyone else can get to your city with DLU in time, your only hope is to dodge the offense right before the CS lands and cancel the movement so they return to the city seconds after the CS lands... They then attack the CS party and hopefully break the siege for you. This works BEST if you have no wall or tower as you will take more of their troops out. The trick here is to actually let the CS land and "snipe" it on the backend. No wall, no tower is best for this.

In reverse, if you could get DLU there in time, or the city was a DLU city anyway, then a wall and tower is best to help prevent the siege as you will snipe on the front end (before the CS lands).

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser4951

First step to being good at Grepolis, never listen to anything that -Achilles- has to say.

jl42o5.png

DeletedUser4615

This is a well thought out, well worded guide and thank you for posting this.

I would add one point that I think is crucial to being an advanced player:

6 months into a server and things are going strong and some of the weak players have been weeded out, things only get harder when attacking. Attacking a stronger player will most likely have high caves (rightfully so) to deal with and who wants to spy someone with 1 mil or more in their caves?

The Harbor check is the most important thing to do to combat this. It is not as perfect as a spy but it can at least give you a general idea of what kind of defense you will have to deal with when attacking. One of my favorite things to build is the pegasus. It is a flying unit that does not need the assistance of a transport ship. It is also the fastest unit in the game. I don't have to be on the same island to harbor check a city, I just use my pegs to check the city. Checking multiple cities can make it very easy to decide which city to go for a quick revolt or if you have multiple revolts, then it can make your decision easier which one to send a colony ship to.

Thanks for the great information.
Take care,
cofc