Account deletion question

DeletedUser14769

Hi, I'm asking this for a friend of mine who does not have a forum account. They clicked Delete Account in Oropos nine days ago. The message they received was "your account will be deleted on the night of 2017-01-09". They received a confirmation email as well. It is now the 11th and their account is still there along with its one city. We don't understand why it is taking so long. The few times my friends and I did delete accounts, it did not take over a week. Is this normal? Is this new? A support ticket was sent but the response was about Restarting Accounts.
Please advise. Thank you.

Edit: also I believe it's the only server she is on.. does that affect it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser836

It takes 7 days to delete an account on a world (incase she wants to cancel).
It only affects the server she clicked delete on.

DeletedUser14769

Yes and it's been 11 days now, almost 12. Why so long? This is her only server.. it's the one she clicked delete on.

DeletedUser14769

Support responded that they never got her delete notice. All of us have seen her screenshot of "Account deletion confirmed"
This is ridiculous.....

Please delete thread. We give up and will try something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser836

She could always ghost herself and the account will be deleted in two days.

DeletedUser5524

You have to also go into your email and accept the account deletion from there. I had the same issue and was told if you do not confirm account deletion in game and through email nothing will happen. Even if it says it is confirmed in-game it will not be confirmed nor will it lock you out until you accept the email deletion. Possibly this was already done? but hope it helps your friend.

DeletedUser14769

You have to also go into your email and accept the account deletion from there. I had the same issue and was told if you do not confirm account deletion in game and through email nothing will happen. Even if it says it is confirmed in-game it will not be confirmed nor will it lock you out until you accept the email deletion. Possibly this was already done? but hope it helps your friend.
She tells me she did. But thank you :)

She could always ghost herself and the account will be deleted in two days.
What do you mean exactly?

DeletedUser5524

Settings>Restart Account

I think thats what he means but I think it takes a few more then two days to remove the world from your list

DeletedUser14769

Already trying that way now
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

Yes! Worked!