A Farewell to cdc1099

DeletedUser

Dear Community,

As a war game, Grepolis is designed to pit you against your enemies, and create a competitive atmosphere. This does not always hold true, however, as some events that happen within the community bring us together in ways we did not think possible. Today is one of those days, and with deep sorrow we feel that it is proper inform you that one of our community members, and an active player of this world is no longer with us.

cdc1099 (Chris) was an active member of Grepolis starting in May 2013 and play in the worlds Mu, Pella, Marathon, and Actium. He was known by his alliance members to be stern at times, but always willing to provide a helping hand to those that were willing to accept it. Chris was also known for his ability to plan and execute an offensive strategy. Even though at times he was strict, and ruthless with his offensive strategy, he was still known for being kind and playful with those that interacted with him.

Chris had a contagious spirit and will be missed by the community, his team, and by most of all his friends. We were lucky to have such a dedicated and passionate community member for the past several years. Please feel free to share your memories, or to leave your respects if you did not get the chance to know him.

Regards,

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

Rest in peace Chris
Thank you Crim for this nice memorial page.

DeletedUser5088

Rest in peace chris. I never knew you but am sure you were a great guy I wish I had met. Prayers to your family and friends.

DeletedUser

I joined this forum for the specific reason of posting a note in memory of my team mate, CDC (Chris). He was an active and important member of The Children on Marathon. His post on sniping and beating the anti-timer (and the discussion it generated) remains in our Forum as a testament to Chris' passion for this game we all play. I remember Chris as having a deep sense of commitment to his team and for always having time to help out a member in need. Chris could be a team captain, as he was in other worlds, or a useful team member, leading by example and without title - as he did on our Team. He just wanted to play. I really miss him. Peace my friend, by the way you went to war with us you have most certainly earned it.
-M73

DeletedUser9287

rest easy now friend may your new life be spent teaching others like you taught us all here

Thanks everyone for posting, he was not only a player in our time on different servers together and alliances but a friend. This means a lot to me and MEMENTO MORI.

I spoke to him a day before his passing and Chris being himself told me he was resting and getting better. I knew differently but i know he did not want anyone to worry about him.

Rest in Peace my friend..........