A Defenders Game?

Whitty

Citizen
Has Grepolis inadvertently turned into a defenders game?

Fighters are now getting an 8% attack value, sometimes less, due to morale, stack bonus, heros, buffs, etc. It needs to be more balanced, as it's taking 10 to 12 cities of offense to kill one city of defense. Imagine having to send 12 OLU nukes to kill 1 DLU nuke or a light ship nuke of 320 ships to kill 30 bir.

Put this in perspective of a WW attack with the defending player being at low morale. A massive attack of over 2,000,000 offensive troops did not make a dent due to the attack ratio. And, add the fact that the server lagged and didn't provide reports for up to 24 hours due to the volume of attacks sent! Plus, light ship attacks sent from 30 minutes away took 8 hours to return, so they couldn't be resent during a reasonable period of time. The lag in the reports and delayed troop movement also favored the defender, as the attacker had no way to learn the status of their attacks within a reasonable period of time or resend attacks.

Something needs to be done to create equity and balance between fighters and defenders. First, low morale players should not be allowed on wonder islands. Second, the system needs to be fixed so there are no delays in reports or troop movements. As far as the attack value, perhaps offering chain lightnings in events again, eliminating stack bonuses, reducing hero bonuses and an all city attack buff would help. Any ideas and changes that bring equity back to the game are greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser10354

Why would you say it was done inadvertently? Grep has always been a defender game. It's much easier to hold then to take and it's the way the game was built. The defender literally has everything to their advantage as they can see what's coming at them both support and attack-wise, they have always had morale, stack, heros, buffs etc. The only advantage the attacker has ever had in grep is being able to determine where and when to attack. It's why hunting and stalking your prey is an art in grep and not a lot of people are very good at it. Lining up and attacking stacks is a lazy mans game and Grep isn't a lazy mans games. We love it because you have to outsmart your opponent not just try and outnumber your opponent and send thousands of attacks from hours away.

Also not sure why you call are only referring to attackers as fighters. If you are defending you are also a fighter, you are just choosing to do your fighting in a different way. I know many mainly defensive players that are excellent fighters.

DeletedUser10832

Here's an idea.. Play a No-Morale world and quit whining that you are in a Morale world.

How exactly are you going to implement 'No Low Morale Players allowed on wonder islands'?? What is your required level of morale? What if that player loses cities? Are they automatically kicked off the island somehow?

What about the coalition issue? Having 300 players teaming up against 50? What ever shall we do about that?

Again, Grepolis is available in a No-Morale format.. give it a go.

DeletedUser9436

The "Tactical" advantage has always been heavily tilted toward the defenders even in non-morale worlds. This is absolutely on purpose AND realistic. If a fortified city is being attacked the attackers would have to outnumber the defenders 10:1 or more to have a chance. However the "Strategic" advantage absolutely lies in the hands of attackers as they grow and grow and choke out the turtles eventually to the point where they have overwhelming numbers. I love clearing a city with 10k BIR and 20k troops ... with an alliance of fighters .... not that hard really.

DeletedUser10520

All I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAA we can't take an important city from KOD in baris. They have beaten us in every way
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

looking at grepolife you conservatively outnumber KOD 6-1, moral should be no problem with those numbers. You've been outplayed in every way, get over it and move on to a new server and let this one die. I suggest a server without morale since you seem to hate it so much. (It is not on every server you know)

dan10000

Senior Citizen
The key point in Whitty's argument above which we would like addressed is the one pertaining to lags from the large numbers of attacks.
If the game gets set up to the point where (for eg) 10 million attacks are required to take a city but the server can only handle 1 million then this should really be addressed in some way.
I would have thought that this was a minimum requirement that INNO should be able to provide to paying customers.
We would appreciate a response from game developers on this one.

Thanks

DeletedUser10354

The key point in Whitty's argument above which we would like addressed is the one pertaining to lags from the large numbers of attacks.
If the game gets set up to the point where (for eg) 10 million attacks are required to take a city but the server can only handle 1 million then this should really be addressed in some way.
I would have thought that this was a minimum requirement that INNO should be able to provide to paying customers.
We would appreciate a response from game developers on this one.

Thanks

If that's the point that needs to be addressed then you probably stand a better chance of getting a response if you spell it out that way instead of including general gripes about the settings of the world you have been playing for two years....

DeletedUser15536

Funny you guys want this issue resolved but yet you guys continue to launch spam attacks to create lag. Seems you can't have it both ways. Either complain about an issue that I agree needs resolved and stop with the spam attacks or stfu

dan10000

Senior Citizen
Funny you guys want this issue resolved but yet you guys continue to launch spam attacks to create lag. Seems you can't have it both ways. Either complain about an issue that I agree needs resolved and stop with the spam attacks or stfu
Or....post a question on the externals for the developers to consider.