8 hours sleep or work

• Thread starter DeletedUser15463
  • Start date

DeletedUser15463

All players should be allowed an 8 hour period per day of NO ATTACKS in or out. The 8 hours should be up to each individual. Could be used for sleep, work, chores, watch football, or whatever.
I should not have to stay vigilant 24 hours a day. A game should NOT take priority over Real Life!

DeletedUser11525

A sleep period might only work if everyone on a server is from the same general time zone, and work the same general shift, so everyone on the server agrees to the blocked window. Or would everyone get to set their own, and how often would they be able to change it?

And then how do you handle units that would hit during the window? And do you block support as well, just to be fair? And are revolt/conquest times adjusted to the the window into affect?

Reality is that this is what a good alliance and trips are good for. And if that doesn't work, then this might not be the best choice of games for you.

DeletedUser12830

I recommend that you provide, in the future, worlds in which you offer players a personal sleep mode where they can designate 8 hours every day when they cannot be attacked and also cannot access the game to give any commands. The hours of each person's sleep mode would readily be accessible to all other players, perhaps by clicking on the player icon. The player would establish their personal sleep mode when they enter the world and it would remain unchanged or rarely changed (for the benefit of shift workers)

The reasons for the recommendation:
1. It allows the gamer and his spouse to get uninterrupted sleep allowing for their health and the liklihood the gamer will continue playing.
2. It prevents the opposition from driving a player out of the game (and you losing a customer) by sending multiple harassing attacks during his/her sleep period.
3. It encourages the casual player to continue playing or to start playing. (Hard-core gamers can still have their worlds where they can attack anytime.)
4. I think you may be able to recover some former players if you notify them in the future of this new option.
5. If it costs to implement this option, I bet most people would pay a minimal monthly fee for the privilege of undisturbed sleep in the game

I've enjoyed the game greatly, but the personal cost in playing it has become too high.

DeletedUser11791

Actually no. No to all. That is the very unique function about this game that makes it such a challenge. The beauty about this game is that it is NOT for everyone, not everyone can survive in this game and its a test of commitment to your sleep, your spare time, your social life, your toilet breaks and even your financial situation if you choose to gold.
Not every one can handle alarms late at night, or during the day when they are busy. Or some don't simply have the luxury to be "available" 24/7 for alarms and such.

Grepolis is a game for the stubborn, strong willed and resilient players only. If you are not these you will not go far without being punished in game for it. If you are, you will join the rest of the solid players list, of people that are an absolute nightmare to play against. I exalt great admiration to my opponent or team mate when i find such a player who can match, or outmatch me in both activity and skill, tactics and resilience.

Vacation mode was implemented if you have an unavoidable emergency and have to step away from the game, or have somewhere important to be for a few days and will be off the grid.. or even if you just want a break from the game for a while....

If Vacation Mode is not enough for you, then I hate to say it, but Grepolis is just not a game for you, if you feel you need a "time out".
At the end of the day this is only a computer game, it only takes as much priority over your life as you want it too!

This game does not sleep, and neither should you. You want sleep, there is always Sim City, or other war games that have a pause function.

THIS IS GREPOLIS!
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

DeletedUser15646

A sleep period might only work if everyone on a server is from the same general time zone, and work the same general shift, so everyone on the server agrees to the blocked window. Or would everyone get to set their own, and how often would they be able to change it?

If the server in US, we got a 8h sleep time from US and so on. If player wants to enter the game in that server, he will know which sleep time he will have to obbey.

DeletedUser15646

The game is great but losing a city during sleep time discourages everyone to continue.

I played for 5 months and every player that quits tell me that it's very disappointing to loose a city during sleep time. Some suffered virtual bullying from players that play on your sleeping time.

I saw here that other players like that. But you should consider to ask people that leave, not the one that stay.

You should have an statistic from player that quit, right?

Have you ever consider to survey those players that leave the game?

DeletedUser5524

The game is great but losing a city during sleep time discourages everyone to continue.

I played for 5 months and every player that quits tell me that it's very disappointing to loose a city during sleep time. Some suffered virtual bullying from players that play on your sleeping time.

I saw here that other players like that. But you should consider to ask people that leave, not the one that stay.

You should have an statistic from player that quit, right?

Have you ever consider to survey those players that leave the game?

Play a slower world, play with alarms or dont play.

Its not bullying its playing the "war" game.

This would be a stupid feature and would drive more of the community away then it would draw new members. This is a team fighting/strategy game that some people put serious time and money into. If this was implemented (It would never be allowed into the game) it would completely kill the whole aspect of the game.

DeletedUser15646

Its not bullying its playing the "war" game.

Well, whoever commits bullying always think it's just for fun LOL

People enters on specific servers just to attack "americans" or "europeans" during their sleep time. This is a fact.

This would be a stupid feature and would drive more of the community away then it would draw new members. This is a team fighting/strategy game that some people put serious time and money into. If this was implemented (It would never be allowed into the game) it would completely kill the whole aspect of the game.

Your assumption is that this features would drive people away. My assumption is just the opposite. That's why a survey would be advisable.

And stupidity is a very strong word. Not a word philosophers use....

DeletedUser11525

You have many players here. Even looking just at US players for example, I've been in alliances with people that work 2nd and 3rd shift, and play from there, so you can't just say 'sleep time' is 23:00 - 07:00. And other players from around the world with all different times when they may be unavailable. I rely on them for trips and providing coverage while I'm sleeping, and return the favor to them.

Unless you gold the hell out of things, and can cover all of your own defense, you need to be part of an alliance, and that will alleviate your apparent obsession with sleep.

DeletedUser5524

Well, whoever commits bullying always think it's just for fun LOL

People enters on specific servers just to attack "americans" or "europeans" during their sleep time. This is a fact.

Your assumption is that this features would drive people away. My assumption is just the opposite. That's why a survey would be advisable.

And stupidity is a very strong word. Not a word philosophers use....

Its not bullying though. It really isn't at all. The spam attacks and attacking during off times are sometimes dirty but that is a feature of the game and a strategy people use. As for people entering from other regions to pick on Americans/Europeans during their sleep times, thats probably just dumb luck on your part. There are tons of people from many different time zones so this is almost a non-factor lol. I would like to see a survey as well although it would almost certainly be flooded with nos.