48 hour range of the CS

DeletedUser

One of the guides states:

First you should locate an ideal place to colonize. Preferably somewhere close to the city that you are launching from so it takes less time to travel there. Or you can pick a spot near to another city or alliance members. First you should locate an ideal place to colonize. Preferably somewhere close to the city that you are launching from so it takes less time to travel there. Or you can pick a spot near to another city or alliance members.
Note: The location must be within the 48 hour range of the CS. range of the CS.

So my guest ion is how far IS the48hour range? Half an ocean, I.e., Ocean 42? Two oceans: from Ocean 42 to Ocean 41? Further then this? Less?

Help please. Thank you.

DeletedUser

First off, that's probably a poor guide.

Second, it's about the distance from one border to another if you were to go in a line parallel to the other two borders of an ocean at speed 1. So if you just went straight North/South/East/West, you'd go about an ocean away.
Honestly though, I wouldn't suggest going so far away until you have a decent number of cities.

DeletedUser79

In worlds with travel speed x1:
Without Lighthouse and without Cartography --> 80 coordinates (4/5 ocean)
Without Lighthouse and with Cartography --> 88 coordinates
With Lighthouse and without Cartography --> 92 coordinates
With Lighthouse and with cartography --> 100 coordinates (1 ocean)

For speed x2, multiply those distances x2; and speed x3 multiply x3; ect.

e.g.: if you are in
nvNJC.png
[500|500] coordinates, you can travel until [500|600] coordinates (an entire ocean) if you have a Lighthouse, and Cartography researched (world with travel speed: x1).