DeletedUser4586

A most unusual setting.

Speed 1
Unit Speed 1
Alliance Limit 90
Beginners Protection 5 days
Revolt
Morale

Omicron got nailed, settings by player's choice! -SWEET!-, hence the swift fill-up of players.
The U.S. server fills up fast fast fast. Very cool! I love how the America's are taking to this great game.
But it means a lot of players will be stuck there in Omicron, doing their thing... and the over-flow comes... here?

Here.

Wait... What?
This? Speed 1-Unit Speed 1-Alliance 90-BP5-Revolt-Morale
An abjectly obtuse setting for violently comatose snails.

The administrators are laughing their collective behinds.
This could be a low-count, slo-mo riot.
I'm most certainly 'in'.

Your thoughts?

DeletedUser2039

The noobs get rimmed and come here. The quick learners and those with experience stay in US16...what's the problem? You want every world speed 3 no morale?

DeletedUser

If every world had speed 3, no morale people would just jump worlds more often :p

DeletedUser4586

If every world had speed 3, no morale people would just jump worlds more often :p

*chuckles*
Agreed. But isn't it humorous that this setting was next in line after Omicron, a world that was chosen by the players?
Omicron, A world that is likely going to be the most populated for quite some time? Just because the players had a choice.

I just can't help but think our admins are sitting in an office, with wide grins, waiting to see what happens...

Here.
With these settings.

I'm laughing too, and can't betray their humor. I'm in.

DeletedUser

True that, i think i'll watch Pi's stats just for the lols

DeletedUser4586

True that, i think i'll watch Pi's stats just for the lols

That's the spirit!

"An abjectly obtuse setting for violently comatose snails."

For me, after a two year hiatus, and an extended age span... it should be perfect.
Heck, getting 70+ cities will be almost impossible!

I'll maybe even sleep between revolts! 8)

Edit: Oh you devious administrators!

DeletedUser

You will definitely sleep between revolts haha, unless of course you plan to hibernate :D

DeletedUser4586

This is the perfect world to sim and get your Hero World achievements.

Quite true!

But don't expect it to be just sim. The battles will be just as real as anywhere else.
Players that relish these types of settings will 'do it'... just as skillfully as any other world.
Often better. But certainly... erm... slower. *guffaw!*
And there will be fewer of them. Which in many ways makes it even more challenging.

This game is a lot of things.... like getting people to post in a forum that would be dead...
trying to get people to look at the 'world post numbers'...
...if not for one person posting entertaining posts.
*grins*

The game has many angles, to be sure. This world will have it's experts.
I will try to find one, to cling to, to hold... to beg for mercy. LOL!

DeletedUser2063

I have to agree this will be great to watch. I would join for the fun, but I hate speed 1's, they're too slow. Then again I also hate doped 3's because they're too fast lol. The perfect settings for me would be speed 2, conquest, low alliance limit, pretty much the opposite of this lol

DeletedUser

i hadn't checked out the settings but wow this is like one of the original server settings. but look at it this way the speed stays the same if you attack some one offline they probably still won't be able to get support there in time since support moves just as slow.

DeletedUser4586

I have to agree this will be great to watch. I would join for the fun, but I hate speed 1's, they're too slow. Then again I also hate doped 3's because they're too fast lol. The perfect settings for me would be speed 2, conquest, low alliance limit, pretty much the opposite of this lol

Most agree with you, myself included!

But, after Omicron, and the obvious ploy set before us by our hosts...
I can't say 'no'.

And truely, it's the basic setting for we Grepolitans.

Hard to resist a setting of: 1 and 1 ...and all the rest.

It's like our admins are saying, "Okay, with Omicron we gave you what you want... now, here are the basics."

Edit: They are giving us our logo: thisisgrepolis

I applaud their humor. It's like a challenge. "Okay friends, play this!"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, why watch the world when you can join? I'll be joining and will try to be in the top 20 for a bit. I can practice my point-whorring skills here.

DeletedUser4586

Well, why watch the world when you can join? I'll be joining and will try to be in the top 20 for a bit. I can practice my point-whorring skills here.

Nice! That means you are sucked in beyond beginners protection! *slurp*
And I think it's 'point-who... oh, best not write that. *glances over shoulder* :p

DeletedUser

speed 1 benefits those who must work during the day rather than no life grepolis and do not want to come back from work and see 15 cities in revolt or gone

DeletedUser2063

I would love to joi this world, kick the crap out of some people then leave, but god do I hate speed ones

What I want to know is if they're doing another summer speed. I missed out on last years

DeletedUser

I love the idea that some administrative plot is underway. lol

If you want to know my methodology when I selected the settings for this world, you need only ask. :)

DeletedUser

What's the methodology?

Great question! Glad you asked.

The way it works is that I select all the settings for each world, then I submit them for final approval. Fortunately, none of the settings I have ever submitted have been denied as of yet. I also do not submit for approval on settings that I know won't be approved (like Speed 6).

When I choose settings I have to keep two main player bases in mind. The newbies to the game and the more experienced players. As we are still a newer server, and we are growing very rapidly, we get quite a few newbies. (hence the reason worlds are released so often) If the newbies keep being put in worlds that are too challenging for them, they will stop playing and we lose players. Losing players is bad for us and for you. (empty worlds are not nearly as much fun as full ones) If the experienced players keep getting put in newbie style worlds, they will get bored and leave. Not a good option either.

This means I have to keep our worlds balanced. Some experienced player worlds, some newbie worlds. The more vocal players on our forums are typically experienced, so when settings are ever discussed rarely do players say "Ooh ooh, speed 1 please!". Some want a slower pace, but most experienced players do not like anything under a speed 2 and I hear no morale all the time. But again, keeping the balance in check, no morale worlds are very bad for a newbie player. That coupled with a faster speed is even worse. The big issue is that newbies do not know what world is best for them since they do not know much about the game. So they choose the most recent world and if its a more challenging one, they get rimmed, get angry, submit support tickets about how stupid we are and how our game sucks, quit playing, and tell everyone that they should not play Grepolis. You can see, thats bad.

For world Pi, I chose speed 1 because the last 4 worlds released were faster than that. It seemed the right time to release a speed 1. I chose Revolt since 3 of the last 4 were conquest and since of our soon to be 17 worlds, only 5 are speed 1 and of those, 2 were conquest, 1 was Hyperborea, and the other was Revolt. I chose a beginner protection of 5 days because at a speed 1, anything less would be too soon. I almost went a bit longer. I chose morale because 2 of the last 3 worlds were no morale and since Pi is really meant for the newer player (as I posted in the announcement) morale makes total sense.

We also release worlds as we do because as a world ages, it does not make a lot of sense to join it. Once it gets beyond 60 days old or so, new players are pretty far behind. Thats not to say that with help a new player could not catch up, but most players wouldn't bother. In the last 60 days we have released Worlds Mu, Nu, Xi, and Omicron. All of these worlds have settings that cater more toward an experienced player. Xi and Omicron are close to their player caps, but as you all know, players drop out of these worlds. Most of the time, its the newbies who drop out. They will be either quitting all together or joining Pi. That will leave a lot of spaces for our experienced players to join the other 4 worlds. This is an opportunity for an experienced player, or team of players, to join a world and it be a bigger challenge for them.

I posted in the announcement:

I realize that many of the more experienced players want faster worlds, however, this world is being created for those who are newer to the game and/or want a slower pace. World Mu, Nu, and Omicron all are faster and have open spots to join.
I forgot Xi in that post. :)

So here's the deal. Are you pro? Do you have skills? You have a challenge sitting in front of you. There are 4 recent worlds to choose from. If you got the muscle, jump in, flex your stuff, and show everyone you got it. If you want to play the speed 1 cause it fits your style, go for that too. Each of the last 4 worlds has something that should fit most every player.

Sorry for the length, and I probably forgot something. Anywho.... ON TO PI!

DeletedUser

When I say this I really mean it, thank you. You obviously gave an immense amount of effort to write this post and to select each worlds settings for the better of us players. This post really showed me the amount of work you do to make our gaming experience as fun as possible. Thanks a ton Daedalus!