Pro Grepolis Tips

Dux Vox

Citizen
1. Slow transports > Fast transports. The fleet travels at the speed of the slowest ship. The colony ship is slower than both transport ships. So your CS attacks, the only ones that matter will never benefit from the fast transports. Slow transports carry more troops and are cheaper. less farm space for transports = more for soldiers!

2. Try to have all your cities on 1-2 islands close to each other, this will allow you to support your offense and defense more easily. You Will Be Unstoppable!

3. Make sure to build balanced cities with attack troops defense troops light ships and biremes. Don't forget the catapults. You will be prepared for any situation.

4. Caves. Only put silver in when you are ready to spy. If someone wants to see what you have they will keep sending spies till they drain your cave. What a waste of silver am I right?

5. Don't use militia, it drastically reduces your resource income. If you followed the above steps you should be prepared for any attack anyway!

Feel free to add pointers in case I forgot something important!

Shock

Philosopher
1. Depends -- when not CSing using that city you'll still want fast transports so you can more quickly clear cities - only use slow trans have is as anchors for timing imo

2. Also depends, it is also beneficial to sometimes be on many islands to make it easier to gen slots as more FVs = more res = easier to do festis

3. I can't tell if you're kidding -- definitely specialize your cities

4. Why spy when you can HC, if you run alarms literally no need for caves ever

5. Actually agree

Shock

Philosopher
What about god's and Hero's ? Any comments on these?

What hero and god do you have in LS cities etc..
LS cities - aphro w/ 5 sirens
olu cities - aphro - if CS city, 24 sirens, if normal olu, probably like 5-10 sirens
bir cities - any god except zeus/poseidon
dlu cities - any god except hera/ares

is what i typically do at least -- but if you aren't going to aphro swap cities then it doesn't really matter what the gods are in bir/dlu cities

Shock

Philosopher
You mean to favour farm? Attacking each other with myths to plunder favour?
I mean I guess that works but it's not that good

Can FF with envoys - since I don't build myths I don't like to level hercules so that's typically what I do even though it's very outdated

Herc island -- everyone builds 25 wall and swords (ideally), everyone has hercules there -- crash 50 swords into each other over and over to gen favor, is the gist of it -- considering there is no favor cap on herc it means you can gen unlimited favor as long as you have troops to crash

dreadnaught

Senior Citizen
So do need to be quite well organised to build a favour farm island.

And belle I agree (I think) Most of the good players are in the top alliances, and players that are good in MRAs are either simming or golding and not interested in sharing knowledge. Not a bad idea inno to hire people to teach... maybe training worlds and such, But you can also learn lots from active forums. Thanks peeps.

Shock

Philosopher
I mean you can herc or FF with just a friend if you want, or a couple people -- it doesn't really need to be a whole team effort if they don't want to / can't / don't understand it or whatever -- just makes it easier if everyone does it so you have more options of who can crash swords into you, who you can take favor from

Last edited:

\*belle\*

Philosopher
I mean I guess that works but it's not that good

Can FF with envoys -
i love envoys in all red islands can be super annoying at enemy always is add them it my red island citys for farming in cores what is honest feeling on stone hailing people? i not is actually do it
and if is person read this with name start Br think “she a freaking lier” you was swear it my first and last i had do it at. But i try it 1 and then i get smashed to freaking dust

Last edited:

debbipanus

Citizen
Hail has it's advantages for nuisance attacks and possibly slowing growth, I don't see the point in using it if your planning to take the city?. Think the majority I know don't use it. Is it classed as dirty play? I don't know.

Dux Vox

Citizen
From the Wiki:
"Chariots are a fast, strong unit. They are both powerful attackers and strong defenders. You can use Zeus' power "Divine Sign" to get chariots. They are expensive, but effective. Best used against Archers and Horsemen when attacking.

This is the definition of versatile, no archers will ever stop you again.

Reference: Wiki Article

\*belle\*

Philosopher
From the Wiki:
"Chariots are a fast, strong unit. They are both powerful attackers and strong defenders. You can use Zeus' power "Divine Sign" to get chariots. They are expensive, but effective. Best used against Archers and Horsemen when attacking.

not think i is ever use chariot for attack if is make them i use for defend. maybe i is use in cs before but most i not even research them is think only make if i take city where they already research or if i get token for them
do you like them?

Kings33593

Senior Citizen
From the Wiki:

to be honest i have only used them with archers to defend lol