-Exit Strategy- missing / Need help to find

Putter

Citizen
giphy.gif

DeletedUser15357

Okay, wait... You REALLY left your beloved team to join Scot's team just for a win? Wow. He really did you a solid there lol. I stand corrected about the win thing then (I was told you ghosted - not by Scot though). But hey, We both know your team couldn't handle us at all. It's why you threw such a temper tantrum and Cgag and the other leaders would completely ignore what you'd say. And you DID go into VM for a time, I do remember that. On another note, we beat Scot's team too and he even admitted that to me in that world. Scot and I became good friends because of it.

Anyways, as for winning it, good job. You stayed until the world ended. Thumbs up my guy. Too bad you suck in a fight though. I suppose had I stayed, neither of you would've won (And Scot did say that to me as well last we talked on it). Oh well. Enjoy your win. Regardless, offer still stands for you to come hang against me my guy ;)

Or maybe in a different world later on since you seem to not be in this one... Which begs me to ask, why the hell are you even on these forums? Go home loser.

DeletedUser2630

Okay, wait... You REALLY left your beloved team to join Scot's team just for a win? Wow. He really did you a solid there lol. I stand corrected about the win thing then (I was told you ghosted - not by Scot though). But hey, We both know your team couldn't handle us at all. It's why you threw such a temper tantrum and Cgag and the other leaders would completely ignore what you'd say. And you DID go into VM for a time, I do remember that. On another note, we beat Scot's team too and he even admitted that to me in that world. Scot and I became good friends because of it.

Anyways, as for winning it, good job. You stayed until the world ended. Thumbs up my guy. Too bad you suck in a fight though. I suppose had I stayed, neither of you would've won (And Scot did say that to me as well last we talked on it). Oh well. Enjoy your win. Regardless, offer still stands for you to come hang against me my guy ;)

Or maybe in a different world later on since you seem to not be in this one... Which begs me to ask, why the hell are you even on these forums? Go home loser.

It's amazing that you guys remember every little detail of the worlds you play - at least you think you do as it seems you all recollect things quite differently but still in great detail. I'll ask now - does it matter? Really? I have played with Scot too and we all have our failings for sure. I've played with Mega too and he has my respect. So do a lot of players over the years but it's hard to keep up with the name changes. I started a long time ago on EN servers then my first US server was US8-ETA. That server might have been the most fun.

As for bots and accusations of such - in my small player opinion, over blown completely. The reality is we are being beaten by better players - more active, more focused, more skilled - in real life that might make them very boring people as they are so focused on a browser game - but they are simply better players. If bots are used widely I don't see it. But it's a good rationalisation as to why a team loses and easier than the tough task of self-examination and self-awareness.

It's amazing that you guys remember every little detail of the worlds you play - at least you think you do as it seems you all recollect things quite differently but still in great detail. I'll ask now - does it matter? Really? I have played with Scot too and we all have our failings for sure. I've played with Mega too and he has my respect. So do a lot of players over the years but it's hard to keep up with the name changes. I started a long time ago on EN servers then my first US server was US8-ETA. That server might have been the most fun.

As for bots and accusations of such - in my small player opinion, over blown completely. The reality is we are being beaten by better players - more active, more focused, more skilled - in real life that might make them very boring people as they are so focused on a browser game - but they are simply better players. If bots are used widely I don't see it. But it's a good rationalisation as to why a team loses and easier than the tough task of self-examination and self-awareness.

BB - a thoughtful post, and I’d want you on my team in any world, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here.

First, while we’re on the same page about the meaningless and futility of rehashing the events of past worlds, part of the reason for that is because of the way some people, like Sunvaar Se Toor / Jinzo*, re-construct their memories of the past, intentionally or unintentionally, in ways that are convenient for them. You reinforce this bad behavior by suggesting some equivalence between my account and Sunvaar Se Toor’s / Jinzo*’s account. They are in no way comparable. My statements are based on verified and verifiable facts, and are animated by truth. I linked the hall of fame. I invite anyone to fact-check me on the world sub-forums and Grepolife, etc... By contrast, his account is repeatedly contradicted, unverifiable, and supported by nothing but his own schizophrenic internal ramblings, and it is motivated by a desire to spout venom and abuse in a public forum.

As for scripts / bots - cheating is rarely overblown. Games without rules are not fun and are eventually abandoned and die. There is no question that skilled, committed players in this game exploit scripts and bots. Why do it if it doesn’t confer an advantage? Of course it does.

Ball players in the steroid era in the 1990s in U.S. Major League Baseball were some of the premier athletes on the planet. They didn’t need steroids to perform at a high level. Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds were already home run champions. Roger Clemens was already a Cy Young pitcher. These guys didn’t need to juice to hit homers or record strikeouts. But they did anyways. Why? Because it gave them an advantage, and an advantage is ALWAYS desirable for players of any game. That is why UNFAIR advantages are so destructive to the competitive landscape, and rules designed to prevent players from gaining unfair advantages are strictly monitored and enforced in the best games.

Innogames does not strictly monitor and enforce its rules, including the prohibition against the use of unauthorized scripts/bots, and I’m convinced that’s part of the reason (although there are many other reasons) why the player base is in the gutter. Eliminating scripts/bots would be hard, but not impossible. There are many game developers that support ultra-competitive eSports leagues and tournaments, and they have all but eliminated cheating in their games. Innogames simply has not committed to the goal of a clean game. While I suspect Innogames’ approach is driven more by economics than neglect, it’s still a big problem and a shortsighted corner to cut, IMO.

The magnitude of the unfair advantage and whether it results in victory is besides the point. It’s usually impossible to measure the impact of cheating that doesn’t directly affect the outcome of a contest. To return to the baseball analogy, there’s an ongoing debate about admitting steroid-era players into the hall of fame. Would they have hall of fame-worthy statistics if they didn’t juice? Would they still have won the same games and awards? It’s academic. We’ll never know. What matters is what everyone can agree upon - they broke the rules, and the fact that the rules against the use of PEDs were not enforced for so long was a major problem for baseball that has since been fixed.

You may feel like your opponents’ use of unauthorized scripts/bots hasn’t disadvantaged you or your teammates, and hasn’t influenced the outcome of worlds. That’s your prerogative. Ignorance is bliss, as the saying goes. But even if we accept your perspective as true, that doesn’t make the cheating okay, and being permissive about cheating is not okay. The integrity of the game matters. It shouldn’t be dismissed as “rationalizing” losing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15357

...suggesting some equivalence between my account and Sunvaar Se Toor’s / Jinzo*’s account. They are in no way comparable.
^^
Well, we can agree on one thing. You have to use gold to be any bit relevant or "good". I, actually am good, without the gold ;)
Proven by, well, the history you're trying to twist (though we both know my team wrecked yours with ease being 1/6 the size while also wrecking Scot's team, also being a 1/6 the size at the same time), records I have in the game, and oh yeah... I've yet to lose any war. Soooooooo yeeahhh :)

Anyways, you can go away now. You're not in the world. You've twice dodged my invite to a fight. You're completely irrelevant here and unwelcomed. So unless you plan on accepting my offer and dropping in. Shut up and leave. Loser.

MarinaDanka1

Senior Citizen
Durrr... I can't be so irrelevant if you're making forum posts to annoy me.

Or you're wasting your time making forum posts to annoy random, irrelevant online strangers.

Seems like you need a logic-check.

You're too self-centered as usual. I didn't make a post to annoy you but it was fun to see you read it and as appeared, it annoyed you.
Definitely, the purpose of my posts is far different from being a message to you in any possible way. I'll leave it for you to guess...
I called you Mr. Irrelevant because you're not playing the server, yet you were populating the forum of this server.
You're right, I am a short-timer in Grepo but I finished 2 servers as #1 fighter and you don't finish servers, you simply don't last...
Would be interesting to see you in action in conquest. ;)

MarinaDanka1

Senior Citizen
I thought your first post was funny honestly. I really did. But don't go after Athenakins. She's one of the greatest people in this game - play wise and [moral] character wise. Calm down.

I can't agree about the morality here. Sadly, caught too many times having "family members" do some dirty job...temporarily disabled in almost all servers due to that.

Who are you in game, anyway? I vaguely remember this players Sunvaar Se Toor, haven't seen him for at least 3 years play...

Sunvaar, You speak high about Exit Strategy but all I remember from him is tons of drama and leaving our alliance 2 months before wonders in Carphi, after using over and over our alliance resources and support. Managed to screw us very well and made many people and nice players quit the server. Here it looks like he screwed his alliance too...

DeletedUser16479

This has been a very entertaining read. I will make no comments since I have played with everyone in this thread and really have no problems with anyone in this thread. There are plenty of other people on this server that are total clowns. But that is for another day...

DeletedUser15357

I can't agree about the morality here. Sadly, caught too many times having "family members" do some dirty job...temporarily disabled in almost all servers due to that.

Who are you in game, anyway? I vaguely remember this players Sunvaar Se Toor, haven't seen him for at least 3 years play...

Sunvaar, You speak high about Exit Strategy but all I remember from him is tons of drama and leaving our alliance 2 months before wonders in Carphi, after using over and over our alliance resources and support. Managed to screw us very well and made many people and nice players quit the server. Here it looks like he screwed his alliance too...

Oropos - where I taught you the game for a bit and then we became enemies and you ended hating me for some reason that I'm not so sure why to? Anyways, hi Marina! :)

As for Exit - yes, I do. I remember a much better Exit - player and person. Honestly. If I had to bet, I don't think he'd be able to stand to me today, and especially not in my prime time (years ago). Still love the guy, but I agree with you that he's changed. I know he's got a lot going on in his personal life, but the game, like many draws him back in and sometimes it is hard to balance them both properly. Either way, I do wish the players of today knew him how I did years ago when he, and others like AD, taught me. It's why I don't lose wars now. Anyways, Good post on Mega too btw!

HotMicGod

Newcomer
I’ll catch shade either way..

I think what a lot of people are missing is that Exit was done after US97. He sent us a message after that world and wouldn’t be joining us in the next. We talked him into coming and doing a 6:6. He did not assemble us here. A carry is not what he signed up for. He’s out, and will be back when he’s got more time I assume. This sh*t happens every world with one player or another. We should of played better as a whole, but this world has felt sus and tainted from the get. The team crumbling and deserting because one of our guys hit vm is weak. I’ve fought and won with many of you who left, but your weren’t only fighting with Pete. Just seems Pete was the only one with fight.

Vindication

Senior Citizen
Just seems Pete was the only one with fight.

My response to 'Pete was the only one with fight':

As a team, there were players in TDT that held their weight, participated where they could, and genuinely helped out to further war efforts (Black Jesus, Whitty, EXeCuT44, Lethalsniper, You, Conan II, write1red, ***SNIPER***/dasha, and numerous others.)

However, there were also players that fundamentally didn't build support & relied heavily on other players resources. It was to such an extent, that support figures couldn't effectively defend their cities as they were split onto 2 fronts, which I personally believe was the downfall of TDT, NOT -Exit's absence.

I still believe that if we colonized O-44 and pressed the center of the map we would've been much better off. We'd have more safe cities to provide LTS, and we'd have less players left vulnerable.

He did his due diligence, and will always have a token of my respect (as will you!). Despite not agreeing with all of the strategies implemented (ex: 25 walls instead of Bir LTS rendered us unable to hold significant sieges), it would be unfair to those that did put their chins out & did help once -Exit was preoccupied w/ irl & went VM.

Something to note, -Exit was also the founder, who a lot of us took direction from. He was the main figurehead that I'd hope would be sending MM's, and directing in a way. When he went VM, this responsibility was shifted onto the existing team, who didn't necessarily receive the follow-through needed.

Not to say that players such as yourself didn't chip in tremendously, but instead of focusing on developing a WW site & pushing outward from there, I feel like we were a bit too eager to move into O-54.

I still question the decision to pact into O-54, instead of focusing on our WW site in O-44. This left a lot of players without direction, and we quite literally burnt the candle on 2 ends/fronts. With most of our focus in O-54, we forgot to develop a core. Which was soon taken over by VIRUS / BAG, sheerly due to the fact that they were taking small cities to develop that WE should've been focusing on.

We left the backdoor open in this, and players that once stuck around to develop our core / build supporting cities disappeared. We had no 'safe area', and we were losing cities in O-44 that we never should have.

I might get a lot of criticism for NOT joining VIRUS / *BAG*, but their coalition has been my opponent for 3-4 maps now. I was not about to join the players that I'd been fighting, and still intend to contribute towards that war effort to my fullest extent.

Regardless of banner, I must show respect where it's due. Though heated at times, I do respect the players that I've been involved with & do not take them for granted.

I think what a lot of people are missing is that Exit was done after US97. He sent us a message after that world and wouldn’t be joining us in the next. We talked him into coming and doing a 6:6. He did not assemble us here. A carry is not what he signed up for. He’s out, and will be back when he’s got more time I assume. This sh*t happens every world with one player or another. We should of played better as a whole, but this world has felt sus and tainted from the get. The team crumbling and deserting because one of our guys hit vm is weak. I’ve fought and won with many of you who left, but your weren’t only fighting with Pete. Just seems Pete was the only one with fight.
I disagree he was recruiting and trying to get spies in all alliances, i know this bc i got proof of multiple instances. Exit told everyone he was done for the summer but yet did the opposite in recruitment , talking crap and naming themselves DREAM TEAM. Over confidence was the down fall and lack of strategy always follows pete. I agree with Vind that a core was not formed too many doing there own thing , not having fighters on fronts and supporters behind.
Players started leaving early because they did not get any help from the so called Dream Team other members, only a few wanted to fight. He brought back guys from years ago that were good but the new grep is different and those that were brought back got their butts kicked. He did not have RL issues he was bragging about trips and such in WC.
DOES EVERYONE KNOW WHEN HE WAS LOSING HIS FIRST CITY HE TRIED TO GHOST RIGHT THEN BUT THE GAME WOULD NOT LET HIM BECAUSE HE WAS THE FOUNDER.
He constantly talked crap about everyone on his team and is a two faced person who is not trustworthy.
FYI towards the end he created a 2nd ACCT Notorious Exit and played for a few all the while his team was getting killed.

So Hot Mic before you defend someone know all the factors and listen to most of what VINDICATION said just poor poor leadership and planning and more....

DeletedUser2630

I disagree he was recruiting and trying to get spies in all alliances, i know this bc i got proof of multiple instances. Exit told everyone he was done for the summer but yet did the opposite in recruitment , talking crap and naming themselves DREAM TEAM. Over confidence was the down fall and lack of strategy always follows pete. I agree with Vind that a core was not formed too many doing there own thing , not having fighters on fronts and supporters behind.
Players started leaving early because they did not get any help from the so called Dream Team other members, only a few wanted to fight. He brought back guys from years ago that were good but the new grep is different and those that were brought back got their butts kicked. He did not have RL issues he was bragging about trips and such in WC.
DOES EVERYONE KNOW WHEN HE WAS LOSING HIS FIRST CITY HE TRIED TO GHOST RIGHT THEN BUT THE GAME WOULD NOT LET HIM BECAUSE HE WAS THE FOUNDER.
He constantly talked crap about everyone on his team and is a two faced person who is not trustworthy.
FYI towards the end he created a 2nd ACCT Notorious Exit and played for a few all the while his team was getting killed.

So Hot Mic before you defend someone know all the factors and listen to most of what VINDICATION said just poor poor leadership and planning and more....

Don't hold back now! Tell us how you really feel :)

DeletedUser16479

Dream team.. Come on, everyone knows its it not a dream team unless im in it.. J/K. May not be a dream team, but its a pretty damn good team.

DeletedUser4951

Not trying to insult anybody here. Think of this as a friendly after action report to learn from. Casually watched this world. Will weigh in from my experiences with the groups involved.

Accusations of Cheating: I really don't care which side tossed that out, both major sides have players (and leaders) with pretty significant histories of cheating. So...that's a pot/kettle situation. If that's a serious moral issue for you, you might wanna consider a new team in general.

The Results: No offense intended but I looked at both teams right away and knew what the result was gonna be. Dream Team had a collection of good-great players, Pete's always been likable and good at getting good players to play together, but never been great in turning it into a cohesive unit (US Actium, En Lato come to mind). The Righteous was an actual team that coordinated as a team. Having just recently ended a server vs most of them, I'm not really surprised by the 215-0 results.

Past Worlds: Being good in Byzantium, a 2013 world, doesn't mean you'll be good in 2021 Grep. Eight years is a long time in a game.

Mr Reliable

Newcomer
I think this was a good test for Mr Pete lol. He’s been wanting to bring a group to next speed 6 EN server for some time now. if he still decides to do that I think he will be better prepared now. I personally think that it was crazy how good the EN guys and US Group was able to come together and make one hell of a alliance. Anyway sadly server looks like it’s dying hopefully it doesn’t happen and Russians stay to fight. Still long way to go before we close enough to Russian core to f them up

Corwin36

Artisan
Personally I think Aphrodite has made conquest a team game as opposed to a one lone guy alone sniping cs all day long. CS are almost always same second with ls and support without need of bots. Its a completely new game getting 10 tries per attack/support, if a slow old man like me can do it, anyone can do better

Last edited:

maman1

Newcomer
Anyway sadly server looks like it’s dying hopefully it doesn’t happen and Russians stay to fight. Still long way to go before we close enough to Russian core to f them up

Greetings all.
Russian players are used to fighting players, not player bots. A human cannot beat a machine. This is obvious. If I see a lot of one player's actions per second in the movement window, I understand that I'm fighting with a program and not much depends on me. It's boring.
I play Grepolis for fun, not to get a paper crown. So think for yourself how to play, then you will have someone to fight against.

jpXxxXover

Messenger
Greetings all.
Russian players are used to fighting players, not player bots. A human cannot beat a machine. This is obvious. If I see a lot of one player's actions per second in the movement window, I understand that I'm fighting with a program and not much depends on me. It's boring.
I play Grepolis for fun, not to get a paper crown. So think for yourself how to play, then you will have someone to fight against.
Shut up please. Your founder lucky08 already got banned twice, and the others are well known botters from past worlds in EN, so save us the pain of reading google translated text