Update to 2.178 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser14888

There are already multiple complaints about the 20% range issue. Why would you make the issue worse? If you have paid any attention to the posts in the casual world forums you should already know this.

DeletedUser9851

A couple of changes I would like to see among many is a way to do city swaps between alliance members regardless of point size. Also the ability to be able to give your cities to alliance mates if one chooses to leave the world.

DeletedUser11525

In general, being able to transfer a city from 1 player to another without requiring the whole revolt/conquest process, and maybe inheriting the farm villages, as long as both players agree would be nice. Of course, there is the risk of a player being forced to give up a city by a larger player. Also, what happens if the city is in revolt? Does the revolt continue, or is it ended prematurely? Probably all of the units disband, but does support stay, or is it automatically returned? Is there a cooling off period? I could see this being used to pass a city in revolt to a small player to get the morale advantage, and then passing back after revolt is over.

I know, all I seem to do is find ways that suggestions would be misused. But I'm really trying to just make sure things are thought through, not just trying to shoot everything down.

Maybe morale stays the same as it was before the hand off?

DeletedUser10221

The Wiki is still wrong with respect to the 20% changes:

On casual worlds players cannot attack other players when there is more than 20% difference in points between them. This improves the experience of smaller players as they can only be attacked by players that have the same range of strength.

Example: If player has 1000 points, he cannot attack a player who has less then 800 points. He also cannot attack a player who has more than 1200 points.

For the larger player, this is no longer a 20% rule. Instead, it is now a 16.6% rule. Taking the example above:

1000 point attacker. Since now the attacker can only attack someone who can retaliate, the smallest player that they can attack is 834 points:

1000/1.2 = 833.3
Round up to 834
834 * 1.2 = 1000.8
834/1000 = 0.834
1.000 - 0.843 = 0.166
16.6%

Unfortunately, the only thing this has accomplished is further convolution of who you can/can't attack. This, in conjunction with, a protected city, active night bonus, and active morale, has made this world nothing more than a ghost hunt for a large number of players.

Here's a thought, If the intent of the 20% rule was to protect beginners/make things more casual, then leave it in place until a player reaches a certain threshold, say 50k/100k points or something. By that time, they've clearly established themselves in the world. As it stands now, the rule is simply a hindrance to game play, and in my opinion will result in many people simply leaving for a different world. Of course, that will be nice for the Ghost Hunters who can't attack anyone else...