Grepolis, you have a problem

DeletedUser8461

I'm sure this is news to no one and has been discussed many times before, but the game has been dying for years now and spamming/keeping people awake at night is probably one of the top 2 biggest factors.

Quite simply: People shouldn't have to sacrifice their sleep, health, life, and sanity in order to remain competitive in a game. That is counter-productive in maintaining a population for a game and even more bluntly isn't a way for any person to live their life.

I'm fully aware this will fall on deaf ears, but if the devs are even remotely serious about the game long term or their customers' well being, they need to implement something to counteract people spamming other people. I understand it's thought of as "psychological warfare" but there's got to be a limit. Someone can simply spam another person at night until that person gives up and turns off alarms or the attacker gets bored. Is that really what we want the game to be? Yes, you can counter act it (get off the front lines/stack the city/etc) but the fact remains that if you want to be at the top of the game, you've got to be able to respond to mobile attack alarms 24/7.

Other MMO games with massive player bases offer "shields" or other such items that protect a player's progress without having to worry about being cleaned out. Maybe people would coordinate more if they couldn't just attack, attack, attack until they find someone offline or who has been annoyed to the point of turning alarms off.

I don't have any easy solution, but I think it should be obvious that there has been a need of some sort of "quality of life" aspect to the game, in respect to spamming, for years. It shouldn't have to boil down to "alarms on and lose sleep/peace of mind" or "alarms off and lose cities/troops".

DeletedUser15337

Spamming is unfortunately the bane of this game’s existence right now. You are not wrong about that.
Obviously, there are many ways to end it (i.e. Create a limit of how many times a player can attack a certain city in a day; make the population ratio larger so someone can't just send one troop out at a time to a certain city; etc...)
Plenty of ways to do it, but with those things I just listed, limits the way people play. Timing in attacks does require multiple recalls and resends, therefore causing pings. Limit that amount on a city, and one of the more fun aspects of the game (getting an awesome time from multiple tries) gets ruined. Same thing with a stacked city: It might need hundreds of attacks in order to clear it out finally, and those attacks may be started a whole day in advance.
Only thing that I see being a reasonable option is limiting the number of attacks and supports a player may have inbound to them at one time. As of now, you can send thousands of attack and supports at a players’ city and cause their screen to lag up, or not even be able to log in. Fixing that could bring players back into the game.

Now, INNO has heard out these ideas, and the cons outweigh the pros. The major aspects that make up the game would be very limited unless some radical change is made to the game, and that radical change could make veterans leave: Unfortunately, right now, more than half of the grepolis servers are veteran players, or friends or family of those veteran players.

For now, people who don't want to be spammed and need a good night's rest, should stay and play in Night Bonus worlds and morale worlds.

Quality of life: Same thing. This is a game, and it is competitive. If someone cannot handle the anxiety that their city might be under siege or attacked, probably shouldn’t be playing this game or should be playing in the Night Bonus and morale worlds to add a cushion.

If someone does not like the idea of losing cities at all because they feel it is unfair when they are offline and cannot get online to protect that city… should play Hyperborea, or the other worlds where only Founding is allowed.

Those are my two cents.

Why no Thanksgiving Break, that is another reason why grepo will lose players its complete BS..... I was told by Support there will be no break ?

DeletedUser7205

Well there is Black Friday specials :D Also Thanksgiving is a time when you basically can be near a computer somewhere more often than not. Sure you might pass out during a tryptophan overdose during the Detroit Lion's game for a couple hours but you can still play through it. If you cannot play through it because you have such a roaring life with family and friends during the holiday, simply click the VM button. That is what it's for my friend.