why is

• Thread starter DeletedUser15967
  • Start date

DeletedUser15967

i have found out that several potential player quit the game after their cities where taken over, some had started new account at least five time trying to get into the game because after they reached a certen point their cities fell before they could really get into it - that is to me partly because the conquest option is to far out of our reach as new players, so why is that a problem? can you fix that - true this is a war game but if we can't stay in the game long enough to play it right there is a small problem, i myself lost my first city just after i created (colonized) my second city before i could finish the tutorial, can you make it more newbe friendly?

or offer some kind of singler city protection so people can stay in the game that like the game?

DeletedUser15986

i have found out that several potential player quit the game after their cities where taken over, some had started new account at least five time trying to get into the game because after they reached a certen point their cities fell before they could really get into it - that is to me partly because the conquest option is to far out of our reach as new players, so why is that a problem? can you fix that - true this is a war game but if we can't stay in the game long enough to play it right there is a small problem, i myself lost my first city just after i created (colonized) my second city before i could finish the tutorial, can you make it more newbe friendly?

or offer some kind of singler city protection so people can stay in the game that like the game?

Zy, an option is to lose your first and ONLY city in the very beginning. Then restart in the same world. Your new city will be out on the edge, rim of the world and away from the bigger, faster players. Your new city will have reduced building and recruiting times, usually 40 percent reduction, but you will still have the same beginners protection as when you first started. You will also get all the tutorials again, all the bandit camps again, and keep some of your awards and inventory. Being out on the edge, rim, the players that are there will be at approximately your game skill (playing) ability. I would also suggest joining an alliance and continually asking the "better" players questions on game play.

DeletedUser15967

Zy, an option is to lose your first and ONLY city in the very beginning. Then restart in the same world. Your new city will be out on the edge, rim of the world and away from the bigger, faster players. Your new city will have reduced building and recruiting times, usually 40 percent reduction, but you will still have the same beginners protection as when you first started. You will also get all the tutorials again, all the bandit camps again, and keep some of your awards and inventory. Being out on the edge, rim, the players that are there will be at approximately your game skill (playing) ability. I would also suggest joining an alliance and continually asking the "better" players questions on game play.

i am at the outer reaches of the oceans, that is part of the problem i am too far away from the Alliance that i joined, lol that is still a good answer thanks for the quick response.

DeletedUser15986

Zy:
Being in any alliance for the length of a game is not mandatory. If you determine that there is not a mutually beneficial relationship, go to another alliance. Most good alliances will have members founding or conquering additional cities around your city(s) and will also ask you to do the same with future cities in their core. They will also have a "professor" in the alliance answering questions and providing experienced and educated guidance.

As to the second city being built in this discussion, the building and recruitment is reduced by 40 percent, and the amount of resources required is reduced as well. You have the benefits of beginners protection as well, ie, increased production of resources. The allocation of time, being one of the key elements in this game, suggests that increasing the levels of certain buildings would be better then other buildings, likewise recruitment. That being said, The Farms take the longest time to build and there are more of them and you also need the population to build troops with which to fight. The Senate reduces time and also opens up additional buildings. The Academy, research for more troops and stronger troops. Lastly, the Warehouse which stores resources. Plan the longer builds to occur while you are off line and the shorter builds to occur while you are on line.

DeletedUser14769

Also, they recently lowered the requirements for players to be able to build Colony Ships. It used to take more time. It is now easier to get that second city.

DeletedUser16049

i'm curious as to how a player can take another player's city?

DeletedUser5524

There are two game types.

Revolt: I am not as good as this as I have never played one here. From my understanding you send an attack with a revolt setting and if you hit the city and kill all the ground troops you put the city into revolt. After this a time period passes and you can send a CS. If the CS is able to land successfully on the ground and sea the city becomes yours.

Conquest: You send a colony ship and if you can land via sea and ground you have to hold for a specific amount of time. If you succeed the city is yours.

Founding: Works on both types. There are empty city spots on certain islands or rocks and if you have colonization researched you can send to these spots to get a small city under your control.

DeletedUser16049

There are two game types.

Revolt: I am not as good as this as I have never played one here. From my understanding you send an attack with a revolt setting and if you hit the city and kill all the ground troops you put the city into revolt. After this a time period passes and you can send a CS. If the CS is able to land successfully on the ground and sea the city becomes yours.

Conquest: You send a colony ship and if you can land via sea and ground you have to hold for a specific amount of time. If you succeed the city is yours.

Founding: Works on both types. There are empty city spots on certain islands or rocks and if you have colonization researched you can send to these spots to get a small city under your control.
ty zeeker348. i am new and trying to learn the game.