The Refugee Rule

DeletedUser15357

Since people still after all of these don't know it. Here it is in black and white:

The Refugee Rule: This is when an alliance and/or player(s) have been attacking and have plans to take a city or multiple ones from a specific player or group of players depending on the circumstances (alliances as a whole are excluded; "group" is defined by no more than 5 players) and those said players "run" from one alliance to another for protection. The attacking alliance leadership/diplomat must call for Refugee rule to the new alliance and give specifics such as player name, why they are claiming the rule, and reports to support their story behind the claim. Failure to provide evidences may result in declination of the rule! It is then up to the leadership teams on both ends to decide to either start the timeframe of the rule at the start of the claim OR the start of the runaway(s) entering the new alliance. If you are on the receiving end of this mail, you MUST accept the rule and terms SO LONG AS everything above is provided. If not, you may decline the rule.

Protection is defined by political or military aid (Hiding behind a NAP/Pact or hoping the new alliance will send support to the runaway player).

Below is the standard since US1 (Alpha) for all US WORLDS.

For worlds that are..

Speed 1 & 2 --> the Refugee Rule lasts 48 hours.
Speed 3 & 4+ --> the Refugee Rule lasts 24 hours.

During the time of which the RR is active, the alliance that claimed it has the set time above to conquer as many cities as possible from the player(s) of which they claimed it against SO LONG AS everything has been accepted. The New alliance must NOT under any circumstance provide aid to the refugees through any type of support, spells, or sending of resources.

If the new alliance fails to accept the terms, even after all proofs have been given, it is then up to the claiming alliance to decide the best course of action from there (War, let the runaway go, or attack anyways).

MODS: can you please mark this as important or sticky it or something so all can see please? Thanks

DeletedUser15190

This is not a Refugee Rule, at best its a concept of mutual respect between fellow leaders of different alliances that are in no way obligated to honor this concept, it all comes down to good will, and i for one would not honor refugee rule, mostly because if we want someone and we recruit him, why would we let someone else take his city and thus making our recruit weaker?

DeletedUser15357

This is not a Refugee Rule, at best its a concept of mutual respect between fellow leaders of different alliances that are in no way obligated to honor this concept, it all comes down to good will, and i for one would not honor refugee rule, mostly because if we want someone and we recruit him, why would we let someone else take his city and thus making our recruit weaker?

Just because you don't like the Rule or wouldn't honor it, doesn't make it not the rule. The rule was established LONG before you were even playing bud. It's an Implied Rule yes and you are partially correct as it does NOT have to be honored all the time and it of mutual respect. But I did state that as well in my post..

DeletedUser15190

Just because you don't like the Rule or wouldn't honor it, doesn't make it not the rule. The rule was established LONG before you were even playing bud. It's an Implied Rule yes and you are partially correct as it does NOT have to be honored all the time and it of mutual respect. But I did state that as well in my post..

highly doubt that since i have been playing as long as this game exists in EN server :)

DeletedUser15357

highly doubt that since i have been playing as long as this game exists in EN server :)

As I said, US servers/worlds. This has been since Us1. But everyone knows you like to lie too so good luck proving your case bud. Anyways, this is a PSA, not a matter of debate.

DeletedUser8870

not even sure why this is even a thread, sure it is an unwritten rule that can or can not be honored and has sparked strife from alliances since the beginning of the game, it is no different then in baseball stealing a base with an 8 run lead, players either do or they don't , they catch flack for doing it but that's about it, same thing basically applies here as well

DeletedUser14769

I've seen "top" alliances not even acknowledge let alone use this so I'm not sure what to think. It seems to be something that is selectively used.

DeletedUser4951

There isn't really a set refugee rule tbh.

If a random alliance tries to claim that a player they've been attacking is their refugee, let's say a new player that doesn't know about dodging or no walls but is active and is always throwing up militia and attacking back for example. If I see potential in them to contribute and thrive with some guidance, I'm still taking them in.

If it's a reliable ally team of mine then I'm going to kick them out if nothing can be worked out. But most allies tend not to force the issue with talented players unless there's very bad blood ya know?

DeletedUser14679

Since people still after all of these don't know it. Here it is in black and white:

The Refugee Rule: This is when an alliance and/or player(s) have been attacking and have plans to take a city or multiple ones from a specific player or group of players depending on the circumstances (alliances as a whole are excluded; "group" is defined by no more than 5 players) and those said players "run" from one alliance to another for protection. The attacking alliance leadership/diplomat must call for Refugee rule to the new alliance and give specifics such as player name, why they are claiming the rule, and reports to support their story behind the claim. Failure to provide evidences may result in declination of the rule! It is then up to the leadership teams on both ends to decide to either start the timeframe of the rule at the start of the claim OR the start of the runaway(s) entering the new alliance. If you are on the receiving end of this mail, you MUST accept the rule and terms SO LONG AS everything above is provided. If not, you may decline the rule.

Protection is defined by political or military aid (Hiding behind a NAP/Pact or hoping the new alliance will send support to the runaway player).

Below is the standard since US1 (Alpha) for all US WORLDS.

For worlds that are..

Speed 1 & 2 --> the Refugee Rule lasts 48 hours.
Speed 3 & 4+ --> the Refugee Rule lasts 24 hours.

During the time of which the RR is active, the alliance that claimed it has the set time above to conquer as many cities as possible from the player(s) of which they claimed it against SO LONG AS everything has been accepted. The New alliance must NOT under any circumstance provide aid to the refugees through any type of support, spells, or sending of resources.

If the new alliance fails to accept the terms, even after all proofs have been given, it is then up to the claiming alliance to decide the best course of action from there (War, let the runaway go, or attack anyways).

MODS: can you please mark this as important or sticky it or something so all can see please? Thanks

There is no such rule.

What there is, is an unspoken gentleman's agreement to play in a way that promotes positive gameplay. And it is not simply that a player you are pursuing runs to any alliance for protection. If they run to your enemy, then same difference. Nothing changes, it is a neutral change. You just kill them somewhere else, you are already at war.

What was reasonable, was if they ran to an alliance that you had no dealings with, would prefer not to get into a war with right away, not actively at war with... and the assumption was that they too, did not want to get into a war with you. So a simple handshake, let us complete the revolts we have and we dont have to go to war over it today. Simple. And if it was logical and kept gameplay ticking along, then why not?

but no.. nobody is ever obligated by these kinds of arrangements, entirely up to individual leaders and depending on circumstances.

DeletedUser15357

There is no such rule.

What there is, is an unspoken gentleman's agreement to play in a way that promotes positive gameplay. And it is not simply that a player you are pursuing runs to any alliance for protection. If they run to your enemy, then same difference. Nothing changes, it is a neutral change. You just kill them somewhere else, you are already at war.

What was reasonable, was if they ran to an alliance that you had no dealings with, would prefer not to get into a war with right away, not actively at war with... and the assumption was that they too, did not want to get into a war with you. So a simple handshake, let us complete the revolts we have and we dont have to go to war over it today. Simple. And if it was logical and kept gameplay ticking along, then why not?

but no.. nobody is ever obligated by these kinds of arrangements, entirely up to individual leaders and depending on circumstances.

Thank you for saying exactly what I just said in my original post and agreeing with me.... :confused:

DeletedUser15926

How is this even called a _Refugee_ Rule?

Imagine in the real world, if refugees seek asylum, but the forces they are fleeing go to the government providing asylum and demand that they have a right to abuse those refugees for another day or two.

DeletedUser15357

How is this even called a _Refugee_ Rule?

Imagine in the real world, if refugees seek asylum, but the forces they are fleeing go to the government providing asylum and demand that they have a right to abuse those refugees for another day or two.

My goodness this is a game, not real life.. o_O

DeletedUser15357

Of course it is, but to call this practice "The Refugee Rule," is naught but double-speak.

For the millionth time, as I have stated in my ORIGINAL POST, this is an implied rule and must be agreed upon by both parties. It's is NOT a "Set in Stone" auto rule. IF you don't ask for it, you surely won't get it. I simply posted this so people know WHAT it is when they call for it.

DeletedUser14769

What there is, is an unspoken gentleman's agreement to play in a way that promotes positive gameplay.

Huh? lol good one
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif