My Suggestions For Improvement to the Game

DeletedUser15839

Some thoughts:

1) On App - Allow players to time check. Being that even if a player doesn't have a specific unit in their city, they can still add any number of troops to the que just like on the desktop version to see the travel time it takes for that unit to reach its destination. This will be a HUGE step to improving things and giving mobile players and those at work a much better chance of defending and truly playing. We ALL hate when we're busy or at work and then get lit up in an OP and can't figure out where the CS is/are.. This will eliminate the mobile handicap greatly.

2) When a player asks for account deletion, regardless of email confirmation, the attack alarm via mobile app completely shuts off. Meaning, if I delete my account and I get lit up, my alarm on my phone doesn't go off.

3) Put the City Festival to level 22. The Cs was "upgraded" to academy level 13 (which is ridiculous imo). The City Festival should also be lowered since the thought behind the lowered CS was for faster growth, this too will also be in line with that thinking.

4) Events: Griffins/Boars???? - There are still some events that don't provide a Griffin/Boar perk (like the Incantation spell Event for Halloween going on now). A Former one did have them. I think it's best we make sure that they are available across the board and not just in certain events.

Thanks

DeletedUser15839

Another thought:

We have heros for virtually everything.. Except Favor production boost. Maybe make that Hero, have them a Hero of War and an expensive one like Deimos? Would be great to more or less reload a myth nuke (like 76 manticores) within 1 day :)

DeletedUser4951

@Sigurd The Unbroken

1) Is already done but you need to have the administrator active.

2) Just turn off your notifications. :)

3) I'd actually be okay with this. You should format it and give it a try.

4) Was kinda let down by the lack of griffins too. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

DeletedUser15839

TSF:

1) Admin is active. You are incorrect.

2) Notifications were off. You are again, incorrect.

3) I'm not a coder, nor a Dev..

4) You should meet some beggars in the cities, they're choosy for sure lol

But thanks!

DeletedUser4951

1) Maybe I misunderstood? I can see the times though when I'm attacked, cities they're coming from too. You just have to look at the attack when you go to spell it and you'll get a landing time.

2) You shouldn't be getting attack notifications then. This sounds like a support issue. Normally you should be able to turn off push notifications or select which notifications you want to receive. Ex: I always keep my attack notifications on but not building completion.

3) Neither am I :(

4) I know the feel. :D

DeletedUser15839

1) Probably misunderstanding then.. I'm not talking about seeing an LT for an attack that's inbound. I'm looking for TT of each unit.

On desktop, if you attack me, I can select from the 6 circles to attack you back. The que box comes up. I can then guess from the current inbound TT which units may be attacking me. If your TT is say 00:13:00, and then I place a CS in the que box and it gives me the same TT or very close, I know I have a CS inbound.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15839

Another suggestion:

During events like the current Incantation Spell one, include a scrolling bar to where you can see where you stand overall and what other player's count is. Currently, you can only see the player above and below you. So a view screen of 3 people total. I'm asking for a scroll bar on the side to where you can scroll all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom.

DeletedUser14888

I would like to see the heroes integrated into Hyporborea, for one. I agree it would be nice if you could check travel times on the mobile. and use the simulator there

DeletedUser15839

I would like to see the heroes integrated into Hyporborea, for one. I agree it would be nice if you could check travel times on the mobile. and use the simulator there

I don't mind as much about alack of Simulator. I don't even use it anymore lol. I would think it's more for the beginning of worlds when people don't have as many cities so they have to be "smarter" with their hits. Once you're around 30-40+ cities, I'd think you could just say "F it" and just send in blind. Same goes for the caves too.

I know Hyperbo is a Gen 1 world. So as much as that may be cool, I agree that they shouldn't be there. It's Gen 1. Heros are Gen 2.5/3?? Anyways, Idk why that world is even open still. I don't really get the point of it.. No ending? No CQering others at all? Idk

DeletedUser7490

Hello Moderator/Dev's & players.

I am a long time Grepolis player, I have played the game since its first alpha launch so have seen every aspect of the game change, throughout all its stages & formats, and as is surely quite clear to the Dev's and inno itself, the game has declined a lot in terms of fanbase and activity levels, a lot of this is because of the current world wonder system and endgame scenario of how servers end via wonder building.

from my own experience the game went from a hardcore war game that was winning all kinds of accolades when it was superior to any other kind of game like this, then the wonder systems came into play and many old timers imediately hated it, some tried to ambrace it, but over time it has proven to be a real point of contention as it encourages players to sim along and do very little fighting instead of sim building towns enmasse for size and WW prepping.

I have an alternative option for end game,

regarding possible end game scenarios, what about a set amount of time like just now we play until a point target is reached like currently for the WW system to begin, but instead of wonders, a knockout system kicks in, meaning you can no longer conquer other teams city's as in take them over, but the system of conquering a town sees it disappear and credited as a point scored for that conquering alliance, players can no longer colonize during this end game scenario once its begun, and teams/players keep fighting to wipe out in a sort of last man standing team scenario, anybody going Vacation Mode when that kicks in has 1 week or their accounts are ghosted to nothing so players that are sore losers cant use that system to survive. the winners of the server would be the last team alive with the most points gained for takes during the end game system,......that scenario would also end all the bs of pacts & academies, where premade teams collaborate and conspire to dominate a server by bullying all the smaller teams because teams would have to fight each other for the last team standing win, then crowns might actually have a value thats been earned, where as witht he current wonder system, it sees too many players who done nothing for the entirety of a servers lifespan, except sim and hide until they get mass recruited to build wonders.

As is well known among most players too, the early stages of a new server sees the most spending happening regards to premium and gold to grow fast, I think also this end game scenario would also suit innogames in terms of profit as premium players would also spend just as much in this kind of end game scenario to try and save their towns or conquer opponents so push that to the money grubbers in inno and theyl greenlight this faster ;) lol

If you could pass this onto the Developers, as a long term players thoughts on a end game scenario, as it has been mentioned many times that Grepolis are wanting to change the current system and freshen things up. this is a scenario that takes Grepolis back to what it was originally made for, a "War Game"

DeletedUser7490

I don't mind as much about alack of Simulator. I don't even use it anymore lol. I would think it's more for the beginning of worlds when people don't have as many cities so they have to be "smarter" with their hits. Once you're around 30-40+ cities, I'd think you could just say "F it" and just send in blind. Same goes for the caves too.

I know Hyperbo is a Gen 1 world. So as much as that may be cool, I agree that they shouldn't be there. It's Gen 1. Heros are Gen 2.5/3?? Anyways, Idk why that world is even open still. I don't really get the point of it.. No ending? No CQering others at all? Idk

Attack blind? the smartest players never give away more bp than they receive, and when oversized players who unload blindly, they usually lose their ass, and then wonder how they never even managed to land a revolt. attacking blindly is just lazy and noobish stupidity.

as for real gen 1, the servers were for fighting and earning your reputaions as players and teams, Hyperborea was a joke hyperboring, created purely for the simmers who dont like fighting or losing their towns, its a simmers server.

DeletedUser15839

Highland:

I agree Grepo has turned into a huge hugfest now. I like your idea though. Mine was to have the most oceans controlled. But I kinda like yours better.

2nd post of yours:
I rarely lose most of my units. I do typically scout though via HCs. But the world I'm in has 28 days left. Lots of MIA and ghost people

DeletedUser14888

Yep players who stack their caves are hard to spy on. but a HC is fairly cheap and will give some idea of the units there

DeletedUser15839

Another Suggestion MODs:

Make Competitive and Relaxed worlds:

Competitive Worlds - Worlds that are Always 4/4 speed, no morale, no night bonus, ally cap of 30 everyone starts with 1K gold AND gold is 20% cheaper. Lastly, for the End Game, simply leave out the coding for Wonders. The Winners will be determined through most cities (alliance). A week before the "End Game Countdown" begins, a notification is posted in red at the top of the screens stating that on x date players will no longer be able to change alliances. Once the "EGC" kicks in, players have 2 weeks to win it. The world closes 1 week after the win. Make the worlds last a 8 months to a year. Very simple, easily done [I feel], and allows a lot of fighting and for the people who don't sleep, don't have jobs, and spend tons of money have an avenue to really test their might. The income of these worlds will be substantially higher than worlds now.

Relaxed Worlds - Pretty much same structure as the games are set up now. WW ending and all of that. Morale can be active but shouldn't be all the time. Doesn't always have to be speed 4/4 but can have them. Night bonus for sure on. Gold is 20% more expensive. Thus helping keep the "Grepo is my day job" players in the more competitive worlds so that the fan-base can regrow and allow more income over time. Ally cap can go back to as high as 100, no one starts with gold and all of that.

Any thoughts @figtree2 ?

DeletedUser15839

Aaaannnddddddd another!

1) So we can color-code alliances, and players. But not specific cities. Can we change that? This'll help when a player clears an inactive player, they won't have to dig through many reports to maybe find what they're looking for. This because they'll already have it color-coded as a cleared city.

2) Another Deity: Apollo?
Units -
a. Vulture: Ranged attack flying unit. Cost is middle of road
b. Dog: Unit can attack but has 0 offensive value and 1 defensive value. Upon landing, it doesn't kill anything and always dies, BUT reveals the deity that the city is worshiping. Cost is expensive
Spells -
a. War: All units are 15% more efficient in attacking(expensive cost)
b. Wall Breaker: Catapults destroy +1 level of the wall (fairly expensive cost)
c. Tribute: Farming Villages offer x2 resource per demand. Effect lasts 2 hours. (middle of road cost) -> If a FV offers 10 res per 5 mins. Spell makes it 20 per 5.
d. Great Defenders: Defending units are 10% stronger (Middle of road cost)

DeletedUser15839

Got another Suggestion:

Let new players (whether by a new account or entirely new player to Grepolis) Choose the world they want to start off in when making an account. Instead of just throwing them into the most recent world. They could end up smack in the middle of a huge war or an ocean dominantly controlled by an alliance, and that alliance may not be kind to them. Which means, those new people would become farms fairly quickly and their city taken long before they could ever really start..

Maybe make a suggestion for them saying "This world (world x) is 50% completed and has 834 people in it. World Y is 10% completed and has 1203 people in it. World Z is 90% completed and has 350 people in it". Or something along those lines?

DeletedUser11525

Got another Suggestion:

Let new players (whether by a new account or entirely new player to Grepolis) Choose the world they want to start off in when making an account. Instead of just throwing them into the most recent world. They could end up smack in the middle of a huge war or an ocean dominantly controlled by an alliance, and that alliance may not be kind to them. Which means, those new people would become farms fairly quickly and their city taken long before they could ever really start..

Maybe make a suggestion for them saying "This world (world x) is 50% completed and has 834 people in it. World Y is 10% completed and has 1203 people in it. World Z is 90% completed and has 350 people in it". Or something along those lines?

To most new players, this wouldn't mean a whole lot. Most people would just go to the least completed, not knowing exactly what that means, or how it's measured. And %complete (assuming this is to start of WW?) isn't an accurate measure of the activity in the world.

A better suggestion would be to provide an alliance size bonus to new players. Maybe 10-20% additional players in an alliance for new players. This would give alliances an incentive to take in new players, and help them prosper, while giving the new player the help they need to be successful long term playing. 'Hard core' alliances could stick with experienced players, and forgo the bonus.

But there are so many other things that could improve the game.

First, make sure the developers play so they understand the changes they are making. And this doesn't mean a couple cities. 50+ cities that they are managing, building units, farming resources, city take overs, etc. And do it on both web and mobile apps.

There are so many playability changes that should be taken care of - improving farming villages (barely tolerable on web with a reasonable number of cities and the Captain. Unusable on mobile); Culture on mobile should be single button with Administrator; 5-10 second cancel on orders without losing resources. Even adding something simple like a city search when accessing your cities on mobile (try scrolling through 50 cities to find the one you need).

None of these should be hard to implement, but would go a long way in improved game play. And maybe start exposing thoughts on the perennial WW changes that have been hinted at for years with no changes.

DeletedUser15839

Some good points Mark! I'm using this thread that I started to post all ideas I have to improve the game for players.

My goal for the new players is more so so that they don't end up smack in the middle of a big fight or around players that drastically outsize them. You know, so they have a better chance of doing something.

Also, something else I just thought of:

The Tutorial does NOT really explain well HOW CQest or Revolt works in terms of taking over cities. Least, from what I've read.. Maybe that needs looking at as well?

DeletedUser10586

Highland:

I agree Grepo has turned into a huge hugfest now. I like your idea though. Mine was to have the most oceans controlled. But I kinda like yours better.

2nd post of ytours:
I rarely lose most of my units. I do typically scout though via HCs. But the world I'm in has 28 days left. Lots of MIA and ghost people

I'd like Zeus to be able to vaporize your harbor checks below 125 units in one spell... lol

I mean... it is Zeus!

DeletedUser15839

Another Suggestion:

For players who are first to unlock an award, maybe give them a little extra Greposcore? Or 100BP? Maybe 50 gold? Idk, but something other than just a little golden G.. you know, make it worth something.