Crown Sharing

• Thread starter DeletedUser14997
  • Start date

DeletedUser14997

This subject needs it's own thread.

I pray tell for the moderators to direct me to the proper subject header and content thread in regards to this post.

Yay, or Nay?

So far we have discussions on beginners protections during wonders era and morale percentages on wonder islands.

What about crown sharing? Does that not merit it's own thread? Indeed, it does.

Personally, my thoughts are one and done. Yes, I might not get a crown from it. In honestly, I didn't know it would even be allowable to share a wonder crown or for it not to by like victor. It makes no sense to me why it wouldn't be like victor.

Under suggestions, my suggestion is to make a 7 wonder crown a one time win.

With purrs,
Katta

DeletedUser836

This subject needs it's own thread.

I pray tell for the moderators to direct me to the proper subject header and content thread in regards to this post.

Yay, or Nay?

So far we have discussions on beginners protections during wonders era and morale percentages on wonder islands.

What about crown sharing? Does that not merit it's own thread? Indeed, it does.

Personally, my thoughts are one and done. Yes, I might not get a crown from it. In honestly, I didn't know it would even be allowable to share a wonder crown or for it not to by like victor. It makes no sense to me why it wouldn't be like victor.

Under suggestions, my suggestion is to make a 7 wonder crown a one time win.

With purrs,
Katta
I posted my own idea on the EN server which limits the earning of both awards.

DeletedUser836

Click EN Server on the previous post. It has the link attached to it.

DeletedUser12518

In all the worlds I have played, coalitions, pacts, NAP's, etc. have always been formed to increase odds and work together for a common goal. This is no different than the real life scenarios that play out every day on this earth. Countries form coalitions and fight for the same cause or goals. In the end, all benefit from the sacrifices and hard work if successful. This game is played out on the same merits.

If we are to ask Inno to change anything, it should be made so that all those who fight (Pact) together, win together. That way those who team up and fight as one, can all reap the rewards of victory as in RL, and not just the select few.

I can see where this could be directed to get all alliances to play solo to win the server, but this will never happen. All this will do is discourage many players who will have no hope of ever winning and encourage them to quit the game. The forming of coalitions give others hope of a win and encourages them to play on. And in any game, without any hope of a win, there is no more fun in it, so why play.

The coalitions will never die. But take away the Hope of a joint cooperative win, and you loose many players in the process. $$

DeletedUser10354

Rather just do away with crowns all together. Most if not all experienced players recognize it an award treasured by simmers rather then true fighters. If you do keep it then get rid of the sharing as it devalues the award. There is a reason that Grep has alliance caps. Coalitions and crown sharing is solely a mechanism for usurping the alliance cap. If people want to have the safety of numbers then just open a world with no alliance cap (as long as you keep the worlds with lower caps for us fighters).

DeletedUser15357

Rather just do away with crowns all together. Most if not all experienced players recognize it an award treasured by simmers rather then true fighters. If you do keep it then get rid of the sharing as it devalues the award. There is a reason that Grep has alliance caps. Coalitions and crown sharing is solely a mechanism for usurping the alliance cap. If people want to have the safety of numbers then just open a world with no alliance cap (as long as you keep the worlds with lower caps for us fighters).

Sounds like someone can't seem to figure out how to win... lol

DeletedUser10354

Sounds like someone can't seem to figure out how to win... lol

This thread isn't about victor which is a well earned award and merits recognition as Grep has done by putting the names of each of the winners permanently in the Hall of Fame. This thread is about getting a crown. Please stay on topic or start a separate thread if you want to discuss the victor award.

DeletedUser15357

This thread isn't about victor which is a well earned award and merits recognition as Grep has done by putting the names of each of the winners permanently in the Hall of Fame. This thread is about getting a crown. Please stay on topic or start a separate thread if you want to discuss the victor award.

This is on topic actually. It's about obtaining the crown. You can't obtain it if you can't win and can't figure out how to win and/or obtain it. So it's actually more on topic, than your last post. Perhaps you're also new to the game and need to be taught how to play as well?

Do you know the basics like dodging and how to take a city? You know that you're supposed to attack other people right?

Can't obtain the crown without knowing those!

DeletedUser15515

crown no crown who cares a game is a game if you need a conglomerate of gold spending pacted alliances to win a server just for a crown where is the fun in that no wonder a lot have left this game shared crowns are the worst

DeletedUser10354

This is on topic actually. It's about obtaining the crown. You can't obtain it if you can't win and can't figure out how to win and/or obtain it. So it's actually more on topic, than your last post. Perhaps you're also new to the game and need to be taught how to play as well?

Do you know the basics like dodging and how to take a city? You know that you're supposed to attack other people right?

Can't obtain the crown without knowing those!

Wow you must be new cause I have seen hundreds of people in this game that have no clue how and have never been close to winning that get a crown. Many worlds end with whoever is left in the world at the end getting a crown. A crown has turned into the 2nd grade soccer participation trophy. It's a joke.

DeletedUser15357

Been playing for years, and have 3 crowns on my main account Ctduck. Again, if you have a clue how to play the game, you'll win.

DeletedUser10354

Been playing for years, and have 3 crowns on my main account Ctduck. Again, if you have a clue how to play the game, you'll win.

Thanks for proving my point about how easy it is to get a crown. Actually winning a server by being in the first alliance to get 4 wonders is much more difficult as it should be.

DeletedUser12518

No matter what, the race for "Victor of the world" will almost always be a solo run. This is typically won by biggest, best organised in the way of resource and favor transfer anyway. But the real battle is for "Master of the world". This is where worlds can get interesting to say the least. And duck, we will always have simmers. Its just a part of the game we all deal with. Some of those simmers turn out to be very good players later on, some never learn, but they still have a right to play, just not always with me... ;) At least they help keep the numbers up to help finish off the final win.

So, when it comes down to the final battles for the crown, that is what everyone hangs on for. I think there should be a place in the world history for the crown winners as well.. After all, its the toughest battle to win.

And as far as your comment above duck:
"Rather just do away with crowns all together. Most if not all experienced players recognize it an award treasured by simmers rather then true fighters. If you do keep it then get rid of the sharing as it devalues the award. There is a reason that Grep has alliance caps. Coalitions and crown sharing is solely a mechanism for usurping the alliance cap. If people want to have the safety of numbers then just open a world with no alliance cap (as long as you keep the worlds with lower caps for us fighters)."

1: These worlds would be pretty boring just watching the giant coalitions (groups of good players) go from server to server winning victor. Giving others hope of a second win, with coalitions or not needs to stay a part of the game. I still think the "Master of the World" win is the best win. And its the only win you can take with you to other worlds.

2: As far as the sharing, and the devalue of the win: Not sure how you see the devalue.. If you have a team of players, in multiple alliances, that have all sacrificed and played hard to win, how does this devalue the award? In these big worlds, no single alliance has any chance alone of taking a WW unless its taken from an inactive or a traitor gives it away. This would be a stalemate in every world if we could not form coalitions and share the last win with all who helped. You portray a pretty boring game world duck with your recommendations... Or is this just a narrow one sided view of someone who just lost WW's from an organised coalition? I would hope not.

3: As far as the alliance caps, they need to be in place more specifically for the "Victor of the World" win. If this was not in place, the worlds would be dominated by these organised groups jumping from server to server just to win the Victor and get their name in grepo history... Once again, another boring game world portrayal.

Nothing personal duck, you are a great player and you do have my respect for that..

One thing I dont like though, is in every world, as long as the number stays above 300, any alliance can re-build the WW's and get a crown even if they did not get the initial win of Master of the World. If Inno would limit this to one win, but enable all those who are pact to get it, it would eliminate this issue without taking away the hope of a win from smaller alliances with good players helping in a coalition. I have heard of a world that took advantage of this and I was told everyone in that world got a crown, even those who did nothing to win it. Now I agree that this should never happen again.

So, I believe we need to keep the alliance cap and keep the "Victor of the World" the same as is. But we should limit the "Master of the World" (crown) to one win but allow it to be shared among all of the Alliances who are pact with one another who were a part of the win, and also make a place for this in grepolis history.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10520

Since as I've seen it, just about as many players like crowns and wonders the way they are as I've seen hate them and there really have been no better suggestions on a better end game.
Can we just add one more award. Given out at the same time as the build 4 wonders win the world award. Domination (or something like that description) Given to the alliance that has been the most dominant on the server. Some combo of ABP and DBP + enemy city takes/losses ( somebody with a bigger brain than I could do the math best :) )
This way there's something at end game for every type of player to strive for
As I understand it adding another award would not be a real hard job on the devs and would give us a meaning full award to chase as an alliance