How many spells in a row are you going to allow?

DeletedUser

Obviously the Trail of Slings gave everyone endless numbers of spells but geez how many in a row can be cast on a single attack. Pretty ridiculous.

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 7.51.56 PM.jpg

DeletedUser271

There is one way to protect against this - spam click the spell button until the attack lands. That way the defender won't have time to cast another spell than purification that you'll already have cast another protective spell.

I don't think a limit is needed, this is a strategy game and the number of spells that can be cast on an attack should not be limited, as this is part of the defender's strategy.

DeletedUser

this guy had a ton on me from event favor.. took my ls nuke from 326 to 121 and CS LS from 39 to 0.

mB4RnLs.png

DeletedUser6919

There is one way to protect against this - spam click the spell button until the attack lands. That way the defender won't have time to cast another spell than purification that you'll already have cast another protective spell.

Issue is that people can only keep clicking on 1 attack. So on conquest attempts, clearing attacks can be reduced to nothing, while the attacker is clicking on CS to keep that one safe. Plus on most conquest attacks, there will be breaks in clicking where the defender can get some spells in, as the attacker can't fire off attacks/support at the exact time as continuously clicking on the spell button.

Also players have been banned (attackable) for doing that also not really great out come, plus the clicking thing is dull. Not too bad on worlds with fast unit speed but personally I wouldn't want to sit and click for a few hours on a speed 1 world.

However it is good advice as it is the only option to keep units safe.

I don't think a limit is needed, this is a strategy game and the number of spells that can be cast on an attack should not be limited, as this is part of the defender's strategy.

I agree to no limit, but I miss the days when spells could protect attacks.

I detest purification, when combined with favour farming and tokens, it becomes way too overpowered imo.

Personally I'd love to see purification be scrapped but if it has to stay, I think it would be better to make it cost more.

Also suggest if a new god is ever added, make 1 spell protection from purification or add a hero that has a ??% chance of deflecting spells from the defender.

DeletedUser6919

I've just had my 2nd ban for doing this. So really the whole system is flawed. Players can't protect with spells due to purification being introduced and anyone spamming to save units from SS/Rage could lose at more units and some cities too.

Again inno you are nothing but a constant disappointment with the way you bring in changes and don't think about the implication for players.

DeletedUser12313

A decent idea would be a time decay on how often purification can be spelled on an attack.. similar to the time decay between negative spells on a city.