Declaration of War

DeletedUser3522

Attention members of Antimatter and Darkmatter! Attention members of their "academies"!

Today war has begun.

Considering that many of us have been long-time friends and have worked together in the past, the true "Coalition" felt it important to explain our actions up front. As we know it was in fact Immortal that put together the first coalition against The Hive. And we have all witnessed The Hive's incredible arrogance, disrespect for each of us, and eventual downfall due to short-sighted strategies and a lack of understanding how the end-game is played. In my opinion the end-game comes down to management of several key factors, but perhaps most importantly allegiances to your friends.

From the first day the coalition was formed Assassins Rite stood up and said we would work for the greater good and side with you all. We sent many of you defense from oceans far away. When we learned of internal threats to our coalition we were the first to do something about it and extinguish those threats. And over the course of a few months those of us with the courage to continue on with the fight were finally successful in breaking our enemy's spirits. Victory was in sight.

But then your leaders got greedy. They pulled a similar move as The Hive had done earlier and saw a quick gain in taking in members of their enemy. Understand, this put ALL of your allies in a very difficult position. Our targets were being taken away by a "friend". And so our leaders got together and we discussed this with yours. Make no mistake we all know each other and have been open in our communication. We came to a certain agreement on our joint future together and a path to maintaining our friendship.

Unfortunately, it only took about 24 hours for the betrayal to occur and the agreement was trashed. We know that the moves taken to move our enemy to Blood Hunters was planned in advance to AM's benefit. We know that they were aware that they were lying to their allies. How do we know this? I've got Hive's Skype logs to prove this with advanced warning days prior to the actual moves being made. And just as predicted everything has gone as expected. And all the while we are told that this was just a "mistake". And now of course we know the real truth of it all with Anti-Dark-matter.

For those of you caught in the middle of this fight I apologize to you. I had hoped to avoid this, but this is the position I (and many others) have been put in. And unfortunately all of you have now been put in the position of having to fight alongside your enemies and against your friends. Think about that one for a bit. Strange ... I would agree.

For those I have fought next to and made friendships with, I do apologize, though I hope you now see where we are coming from. But the world will constantly be shifting so perhaps a few of us will find we are on the same side once again eventually. For the groups caught in the middle of this ... you know what to do ... there's still time to do the right thing (but not much).

Ultimately, however, this is not personal. It's a game. And I look forward to the fun ahead. Enjoy the trip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhsKsMtb8Y&list=RDNYhsKsMtb8Y

The truth is out there now .. flame on!

DeletedUser

As my heart breaks just a little at the prospect of a long drawn out war with alliances we once thought of as dear friends, I'm reminded of Johnny Mathis and Deneice Williams....Too much too little too late, lets reflect on our time together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwwZLrSNdk&feature=kp

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7985

I love that Ximikos!

DeletedUser

I love that Ximikos! As to what Foos said, we can all justify our actions. Trinity attacked us for no reason, though they did try to find a reason. I am sure that someone can come up for a justification for Trinity attacking us but no matter what the reason is The Elder Gods are a defensive alliance, we don't start the fights but we plan on finishing them.

Seems like I have heard this before.

P.S. Im done posting on these forums until this mod is replaced.

DeletedUser

P.S. Im done posting on these forums until this mod is replaced.

I'd hold off on being done posting. I think it's a two way street with mods. They train us, and we train them. I find this forum is on the uprise, not vice versa, and alot of that is thanks to you Fortis.

DeletedUser

I'd hold off on being done posting. I think it's a two way street with mods. They train us, and we train them. I find this forum is on the uprise, not vice versa, and alot of that is thanks to you Fortis.
I'd agree, keep it up old chap.

DeletedUser9979

220 victory processions + 4 successful takeovers + 0 citys lost = Thank you Foos!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

220 victory processions + 4 successful takeovers + 0 citys lost = Thank you Foos!!!!!!!!!

How do you kill a squid? By removing its tentacles.

Defense always has the upper hand at first, until finally it gives way to VMs, apathy and despair.

220 VPs ; 0 losses in week one
180 VPs ; 0 losses in week two
150 VPs; 1 loss in week three
100 VPs ; 4 losses in week four
VM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; week 5.

DeletedUser9897

I hope your only counting yourself in those numbers... As your new neighbor, I can say that there was definitely losses.
You keep building them up for us and we'll keep moving in. :)

And Ximi - I can also say that a lot find VM sooner than 5 weeks. :p

DeletedUser9979

VM??????????? Why would i want to miss out on all the fun. This server is now hopping with action. I wouldnt want to miss this for the world. Some squids can regenerate their tentacles when severed, so I am not too concerned about that.

Ximikos, if i do need to go on VM for summer vacations or what not, I will give you a one week notice. Fair enough?

DeletedUser

Fair enough?
VM is the preferred technique of a lot of Hive members you merged into, but I like your attitude. It should be fun. But...

squiddly diddly hNS GRENADES.jpg

just like Squiddly Diddly trying to juggle 4 live hand grenades, you are juggling AR, Havoc, Trinity and Other Alliances that Matter. This is not good for the long term health of AM/DM:

squiddly_deadly_blow up.jpg

DeletedUser6798

urgh looks like I need to step in to bring players back to reality.. Here are the stats as of the day war was declared. Mind you these are cities lost and who they were lost to from ~4/17 to today 4/23

Antimatter
Assassins Rite- 3
Special Ops- 7
The Trinity- 0
Havoc- 0
Total- 10

DarkMatter
Assassins Rite- 2
Special Ops- 6
The Trinity- 0
Havoc- 2
Total- 10

One Side Total= 20

Special Ops
Antimatter- 3
DarkMatter- 6
Total- 9

Assassins Rite
Antimatter- 2
DarkMatter- 6
Total- 8

The Trinity
Antimatter- 2
DarkMatter- 2
Total- 4

Havoc
Antimatter- 11
DarkMatter- 2
Total- 13

Other Side Total= 34

So as you see, AM/DM has taken 70% more cities than it has lost since going to war.

That is not counting all the other alliances that matter, and honestly,they don't work in your favor either. So yes, please tell me how this is bad for us? Especially considering this past weekend was supposed to be your strongest coordinated effort, which who knows how long was really being planned.

And a side note, VM was not the popular choice for those Hive players still around. In reality, it seems Special OPs picked up the players that spent the most time in VM that actually came back o.o

DeletedUser

Damn, reality bites...wait a minute....13 to 9 for Special Ops? Not too shabby then :p

DeletedUser6798

I will say Special Ops does hold the biggest advantage.. especially since you guys mostly went for cities in your core. However, like I said before that was with a mass coordinated effort. Now losing cities in your core.. that is unacceptable thisisgrepolis