Southern Alliance is STILL an MRA

DeletedUser

First off, horrible attacks.. Secondly, they ran to the Kaeluubians for help and the Kalebs are now supporting SA as they cannot defend themselves.. And thirdly, SA is now booting everyone we are attacking.. Yes ATTACKING. NOT Conquering, attacking..

I give them 2 weeks to live.

All because they decided they didn't want to uphold their end of the agreement lol :p

Silly SA players. We're the Misfits. Welcome to hell.

DeletedUser2654

Wow, that is sad, I thought they would give some kind of fight! :\

DeletedUser

I did too considering Sunmaven, Norbik, and a few others. Alliances like these NEVER last past 2 weeks once a war breaks out with them. I kinda wanna attack their #1 player just to see if he'd get dropped lol

DeletedUser4951

I think its a little early to call them all terrible yet. Plus Sunmaven has also done a bit of grunt work herself. Though she is receiving SA and Kaeluub support.

From my POV if you're a leader in SA, then you're gonna get most of the support. For instance we had a ridiculous amount of resistance vs Samhill and Sunmaven. But walked into most of KHB's towns with ease. He was left to fend for himself and lost out big. I did see them kick a player who got put in siege by TM.

DeletedUser

They've booted at least 2 that I'm aware of. That we have sent attacks on. But they've lost more players too. And They may have good players, but a few good players playing with a bunch of people who don't want to play = them not winning.,.

DeletedUser

um dalec..wouldnt you know though..you and TSF are in the same alliance...or do you not tell each other about the conquests?

DeletedUser4951

Feel better soon Candyman. :)

Getting back on topic. I'll give my honest view of SA.

I think that its a little early to start saying that SA is a terrible MRA alliance. They so far have come out and found allies willing to support, even if its not enough they still were smart enough to find more local support and enthusiastic allies in Kaeluubians. Their members also gladly sent support and attacks at one point. As Norbiik put it, their support was able to hold against flawed attacks and smaller attacks like from some of TM's newer recruits and long shot CSes. But didn't last too well against larger attacks from Fish, Juneta, myself, and probably a few of the larger TM players. They also couldn't adjust to 3-6 HR cses very well. Having only managed to stop two at this stage. On top of that Sunmaven has proven to be a decent defender and what she lacks in troops she makes up for in trickery and simple tricks in hopes of drawing support to the wrong town. Which is a very smart tactic when completely out gunned.

The drawbacks? They started a completely avoidable conflict for one leader who didn't want to move. Their long term support plan could really backfire if someone decided to actually pull out the playbook and use it. Its pretty clear that SA is leadership centered with what appears to be a somewhat selfish, though intelligent, leader/diplomat. Selfish being trying to force everyone up to protect themself and make O44 an area of expansion. Something their own players later admitted was a silly idea. Intelligent being that the player is a decent sniper and at least doesn't quit. Also they know that they can suck up a ton of DBP before actually leaving.

Overall I can't say that SA is too bad. Most seem to just be delegating to their allies now to protect Sunmaven. But its probably due to the fact that all admit that O44 is lost. They have put up a good and spirited fight and I say that they deserve to be called the second best alliance in Gythium currently. Currently one of the few alliances that I would say actually knows what their doing.

Edit: Oh right, most of you expect a tool comment from me and some trash talk...I should add that Kaeluubians are probably regretting their decision to support Sunmaven right about now, having lost a good deal of biremes and DLU. I'll also add that Sunmaven is probably not having a good night. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Smilodon, You should see what they're throwing at us in the south. Up by sunmaven, yes your analysis is right. Down south, Not even close..