Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I have no problem with being called narcissistic. Even though I think you are applying it incorrectly.

Actually the narcissistic reference was more towards the Newsvine Oliver who uses what is obviously a professional head shot as his avatar.

Be glad you are not him, in my opinion.

DeletedUser6798

Actually the narcissistic reference was more towards the Newsvine Oliver who uses what is obviously a professional head shot as his avatar.

Be glad you are not him, in my opinion.

Well I will take your word for it haha

DeletedUser

Hey everyone,

while I love to see the activity here on the forums I must remind you about the forum rules. Please do not use inappropriate language.

Specifically:

No use of profanity will be permitted (including masked profanity including ****). If it's something a moderator feels is inappropriate, it will be edited.

Keep the discussion civil.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser

So, anyway, I suppose an update of the top 12 sink or swim is out of the question :p

DeletedUser6798

hmmm i can put together an update in the coming days.. things are a bit crazy and I'm not going to put in a half ditch effort.

DeletedUser

Yea putting a good top 12 is no easy feat or something that can be done quickly. Mines took several hours to do and it came at me neglecting grepolis. I would love to see a top 12 from someone new. I might do a quick rundown of my top 12 and do a where are they now edition of my top 12.

DeletedUser6798

I will try to do a comparison from my 1st one.. Will try to get it out tomorrow as it will be the 2 month mark since I posted it

DeletedUser

What's everyone's guess on when The Hive will be #3 in points?

Respect the crown.

DeletedUser

If I may interject in this most formidable dialogue, I have a most humble request; humble in the sense that I am not in The Hive...

Sir Oliver, I would ask that in creating your next list,that you not overlook certain inaccuracies; mainly when you are determining Alliance ABP and DBP. To elaborate, what I mean is: previously you have alluded that my alliances ABP and DBP were substandard. What you must realize is that when a 'new' alliance is born, their BP starts at ZERO, even though the players may each individually have 100,000+. This is easily shown by adding up my Top 10 players Total BP and then looking at my Alliances Total BP. My top 10 players' individual BPexceeds that of the whole alliance.

I ask this NOT to be offensive, as I have enjoyed reading your lists from time to time, but in an effort to ensure that what I am reading is as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your time. I am lookiing forward to reading your 'revised' list. :)

DeletedUser3522

If I may interject in this most formidable dialogue, I have a most humble request; humble in the sense that I am not in The Hive...

Sir Oliver, I would ask that in creating your next list,that you not overlook certain inaccuracies; mainly when you are determining Alliance ABP and DBP. To elaborate, what I mean is: previously you have alluded that my alliances ABP and DBP were substandard. What you must realize is that when a 'new' alliance is born, their BP starts at ZERO, even though the players may each individually have 100,000+. This is easily shown by adding up my Top 10 players Total BP and then looking at my Alliances Total BP. My top 10 players' individual BPexceeds that of the whole alliance.

I ask this NOT to be offensive, as I have enjoyed reading your lists from time to time, but in an effort to ensure that what I am reading is as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your time. I am lookiing forward to reading your 'revised' list. :)

Way to ruin their fav stat! Big meanie.

DeletedUser

Your own alliance's kumbaya foreign policy of merging everything so you can be allowed to pick on one ocean is whats going to ruin your ABP ability. Its a rookie mistake that I've seen before. By merging up every potential enemy in your waters you now force your members farther and farther from action.

Without even looking at each individual member every new alliance you guys "merge" or take players from just continues to place your core members farther and farther from the action. Just have to look at a map, if you want to continue your fight against us, you have two options A) go to war with The Trinity but that would scare you too much having to actually fight an enemy that borders you or B) Merge/Poach members from them like you have but that only further puts your "core" members farther from the front at their expense

I repeat my earlier claim there is no better recruiter for your alliance than The Hive. The fact is your taking in members from the Trinity that have been beaten away from one alliance or the other running away from The Hive. Not exactly the greatest strategy taking in refugees of our wars since they weren't able to save their other alliances the story will continue to repeat itself. Entertaining your members is the only job an alliance has, if your members are entertained they are happy which means productive members but if you force most of your alliance to sid idly by and just build up for your farther out members to enjoy combat that might lead to boredom which would result in attrition.

Now being you have an academy(Since apparently 100 member alliances aren't big enough...) you can continue the process and we will see how many members you have to go through over your silly belief in being too scared to actually fight the major alliances that border you versus picking a fight with the alliance far from the majority of your members.

Good luck with those numbers...

DeletedUser7469

Your own alliance's kumbaya foreign policy of merging everything so you can be allowed to pick on one ocean is whats going to ruin your ABP ability. Its a rookie mistake that I've seen before. By merging up every potential enemy in your waters you now force your members farther and farther from action.

Without even looking at each individual member every new alliance you guys "merge" or take players from just continues to place your core members farther and farther from the action. Just have to look at a map, if you want to continue your fight against us, you have two options A) go to war with The Trinity but that would scare you too much having to actually fight an enemy that borders you or B) Merge/Poach members from them like you have but that only further puts your "core" members farther from the front at their expense

I repeat my earlier claim there is no better recruiter for your alliance than The Hive. The fact is your taking in members from the Trinity that have been beaten away from one alliance or the other running away from The Hive. Not exactly the greatest strategy taking in refugees of our wars since they weren't able to save their other alliances the story will continue to repeat itself. Entertaining your members is the only job an alliance has, if your members are entertained they are happy which means productive members but if you force most of your alliance to sid idly by and just build up for your farther out members to enjoy combat that might lead to boredom which would result in attrition.

Now being you have an academy(Since apparently 100 member alliances aren't big enough...) you can continue the process and we will see how many members you have to go through over your silly belief in being too scared to actually fight the major alliances that border you versus picking a fight with the alliance far from the majority of your members.

Good luck with those numbers...

u need to stop acting like everyone in an alliance is the same ur claims of how cowardly AR is getting repetitive and annoying. Also,which members from the trinity were beaten away by you...? Who fom trinity ran from you whatsoever? im just curious.... it sounds to me like ur trying to convince us to look elsewere even though ur "supposedly" the "mightiest" alliance to ever walk upsilon ..... in ur words. So im curious if thats the case what could u possibly be concerned about I thought we were a "small" non-threat alliance to TH.So why do u care who we fight? Your supposedly the big man on campus so why don't u act like it ? thats what i gather from ur message anyways . to me it looks like u care a lil too much about who we fight and what we do, considering like u said were only hurting ouselves n stretching our "core". idk food for thought huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

u need to stop acting like everyone in an alliance is the same ur claims of how cowardly AR is getting repetitive and annoying. Also,which members from the trinity were beaten away by you...? Who fom trinity ran from you whatsoever? im just curious.... it sounds to me like ur trying to convince us to look elsewere ur the "mightiest" alliance to ever walk upsilon right? what could u possibly be concerned with such a "small" non-threat alliance who cares what we do right? ur supposed to be the big man on campus why dont u act like it ? thats what i gather from ur message anyways . to me it looks like u care a lil too much about who we fight considering like u said were only hurting ouselves n stretching our "core". idk food for thought huh?

Bro, he's here to troll. It's his job, lol.

Three Trinity players(who've never been attacked by Hive) join AR = they're running.
AR recruits great players and holds the 2nd highest average points per player = they're an MRA.
Hive can't replenish the members that are quitting/going into VM(because nobody wants to join) = they're 'selective'.

Notice a pattern? This is what happens when you have long-term hopes on short-term planning(and they call us rookies, haa). You play the game the wrong way and you find yourself venting out frustration on the Forums/trolling others. I find it amusing. :)

You know you've hit rock bottom when leadership is requesting a NAP w/ an alliance they're at war with(How'd that go Digtal????). Lol!! :p

DeletedUser

lmao... speaking of insecurities?! You guys can't stop from having to "share" your point of view and trying to defend your position. If you are capable and as amazing as your alliance is, why the fear in coming out to rush and attack the points we are making? Your alliance membership is public information, I personally clicked and saw the previous alliance of all the members you have gobbled up in chunks and all in a short time frame. Those cannot be denied, what I stated were truths, your alliance could do whatever you guys want to do.

Now you guys have the bed you made, there is nothing you can do but break the bonds between allies or try to work out some method of bypassing an ally so you can come fight us. Its either that or just sim away in boredom on the rim.

But trust me, nothing brings me more joy than seeing you guys get all excited and hyped up on an external forum. Some people make it way too easy to incite and get all going. Nobody in this game should be afraid of anyone because the worse thing that could happen is you get eliminated from a game that offers multiple worlds and opportunity to restart, not the end of the world. So I could care less of your in-game threats but please keep letting those tears and "anger" fuel me with the enjoyment in seeing children cry over spilled milk. thisisgrepolis

By the way can you guess which are some of the players who ran away from Trinity...lol If you guys can be quicker to respond though I would be more appreciative, it sucked having to wait so long for some entertaining posts :D hehe Legendary gets it...

DeletedUser

@ Cerulius, you don't mind if I quote " please keep letting those tears and "anger" fuel me with the enjoyment in seeing children cry over spilled milk..." at some point in the future if the need arises, do you?

&

@ Sir Oliver, where is your next list?? I eagerly await...

DeletedUser7469

yea ig everyone has a role to play mise well not indulge this anymore we will meet on the battle field eventually . I will say i have sincere respect for some of your soldiers as warriors but this is a war game n as much as we may annoy each other theirs a long time left to play in upsilon n lot of stuff can happen I advise if u do make a top 12 don't make it so obvious who ur cool with n who u not u mise well pot ur allies in alliance profile with a biased top 12 like that u make it very clear who has taken ur side and who has not seems strategically weak as well as plain arrogant . Example is havoc how can u call us a MRA and not them? they seem to be spread like no other with academies up the wazoo n all. I noticed u guys talked so highly of em n act like their the real deal ig cuz they kissed your rump huh? Idk what a working reltionship with TH has to do with anything but ig thats just how u think.

DeletedUser

Lay off The Hive, the truth is they are a very good alliance. Easily one of the top five alliances in Upsilon.

DeletedUser

Cathar the world can be a terrible place at times and those who succeed in life are those who can overcome their hardships. I don't cry over spilled milk but I did get emotional when I found my cat puking blood :(. So unless you are going to hurt someone in my life, trust me I won't be crying over anything grepolis related but thank you for your concern ;) lol.

Now to the King of Griping/Misspelling, bring it...You think I'm worried about you?...I will refer you to LMAO for your response to my "concerns" about your battle field. You were smart to cut and run into Ass, I've been blessed to find a great home the first time around and didn't need to find different alliances before I found one to call home. So at least you found somewhere to park your hat for a few months. Its a shame not everyone who joined you guys share your "spirit" and sentiment but oh well let me not ruin or give anymore "secret" insight, God forbid you actually learn something from my "free" advice. Its pretty hilarious how people find other people calling their alliance an MRA so offensive, so now your only point of defense against my claim is to say well look those guys are MRA too lol:D

Since you guys are so talkative, why don't you create a list. This thread isn't let Hive guys create conversation for the externals so Ass can complain, instead of crying you guys can create your own list and help create some new conversation. It would be a shame if The Hive has to do all the hard work as well on the externals... thisisgrepolis

And regardless if your sensibilities have been offended, the world forums have been way more exciting with our back and forth than the month before we probably had 3 posts to talk about...