an alliance with honor

DeletedUser

I have an idea for an alliance that would bring some sort of "honor" to the game. It would be called the Trading Guild. Those who just wish to develop their cities, gather resources, and see their cities grow to maximum could enjoy it. Basically it would be like a NATO alliance. Those who wish to join or participate would send a percentage of their defensive forces to the Alliance. This way the alliance would have a huge defensive force, and members would not have to worry about hostile takeovers. Individuals who would want to become "hunter/gatherers/tradesmen when joining the alliance would have troops from all those who traded with them. They in turn would "farm" cities that are not a part of the alliance, and offer the resources gained to other members. Other alliances would not have to join, they would just send troops to the hunter/gatherer in their vicinity or anywhere, and be able to partake of the resources. I can ramble for days, but believe it would work, let those who are not into conquest, play the game, and those who want to conquor the world go for it. Kind of a M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Destruction) to those who would attack the alliance.
There would be an "alliance" and also a pact with whomever wanted to trade. It would not take sides, plan, spy, or have any part of conspiracies etc.
if anyone is interested message me, and we can talk. If there are enough we can start here, or go to the new world in a few days when it starts. JOHN PRO "PROTROPOLIS" 462/654

DeletedUser4356

i have an idea for an alliance that would bring some sort of "honor" to the game. It would be called the trading guild. Those who just wish to develop their cities, gather resources, and see their cities grow to maximum could enjoy it. Basically it would be like a nato alliance. Those who wish to join or participate would send a percentage of their defensive forces to the alliance. This way the alliance would have a huge defensive force, and members would not have to worry about hostile takeovers. Individuals who would want to become "hunter/gatherers/tradesmen when joining the alliance would have troops from all those who traded with them. They in turn would "farm" cities that are not a part of the alliance, and offer the resources gained to other members. Other alliances would not have to join, they would just send troops to the hunter/gatherer in their vicinity or anywhere, and be able to partake of the resources. I can ramble for days, but believe it would work, let those who are not into conquest, play the game, and those who want to conquor the world go for it. Kind of a m.a.d. (mutual assured destruction) to those who would attack the alliance.
There would be an "alliance" and also a pact with whomever wanted to trade. It would not take sides, plan, spy, or have any part of conspiracies etc.
If anyone is interested message me, and we can talk. If there are enough we can start here, or go to the new world in a few days when it starts. John pro "protropolis" 462/654

memememememememememe
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

DeletedUser

I have an idea for an alliance that would bring some sort of "honor" to the game. It would be called the Trading Guild. Those who just wish to develop their cities, gather resources, and see their cities grow to maximum could enjoy it. Basically it would be like a NATO alliance. Those who wish to join or participate would send a percentage of their defensive forces to the Alliance. This way the alliance would have a huge defensive force, and members would not have to worry about hostile takeovers. Individuals who would want to become "hunter/gatherers/tradesmen when joining the alliance would have troops from all those who traded with them. They in turn would "farm" cities that are not a part of the alliance, and offer the resources gained to other members. Other alliances would not have to join, they would just send troops to the hunter/gatherer in their vicinity or anywhere, and be able to partake of the resources. I can ramble for days, but believe it would work, let those who are not into conquest, play the game, and those who want to conquor the world go for it. Kind of a M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Destruction) to those who would attack the alliance.
if anyone is interested message me, and we can talk. If there are enough we can start here, or go to the new world in a few days when it starts. JOHN PRO "PROTROPOLIS" 462/654

There are several reasons why this would not work.
The main reason being that all (or at least 95% of) the good players prefer aggressive alliances. It's completely boring to just sit around and queue buildings all day long. And aren't you going to conquer other cities? Or you're only going to colonize?
I think it's been said a million times already but here goes - this is a war game, if you don't enjoy conquering others this is the wrong game for you. Trying to make a "peaceful" alliance is asking for trouble.

The whole idea of trading with others and building an impenetrable defense is nice but not possible. Any defense can be breached. That's exactly the reason why experienced players play offensively.
Think about this before you attempt such an alliance:
1) Will you have enough good players willing to communicate and cooperate actively between one another? If you're gonna focus on trading and defense you're gonna need a lot of communication.
2) Will you be able to expand quick enough in order to always be able to have more defense than the other guy's offense? The answer here is - no. If you're only colonizing there's NO WAY you'll be able to keep up with an aggressive alliance that is conquering already developed cities.

Have you heard of the expression "All is fair in love and war"? Spying, planning, attacking, conquering are all tools of war. It doesn't make anyone less honorable to use them. The same way a blacksmith uses his tools to make a sword, a leader of an army uses the tools at his disposal to achieve victory. It doesn't make him less honorable in any way.

DeletedUser

Have fun at the BBQ w/out me.......

:)

You're attempting to paint me as this evil guy because of the way I play.

We'll be coming for your cities soon. We're just going to finishing off a few, FermentingFruit is one of them. We just took his 9.5k city and you guys threw a lot of investment at it so I'm quite pleased with the result.

There are several reasons why this would not work.
The main reason being that all (or at least 95% of) the good players prefer aggressive alliances. It's completely boring to just sit around and queue buildings all day long. And aren't you going to conquer other cities? Or you're only going to colonize?
I think it's been said a million times already but here goes - this is a war game, if you don't enjoy conquering others this is the wrong game for you. Trying to make a "peaceful" alliance is asking for trouble.

The whole idea of trading with others and building an impenetrable defense is nice but not possible. Any defense can be breached. That's exactly the reason why experienced players play offensively.
Think about this before you attempt such an alliance:
1) Will you have enough good players willing to communicate and cooperate actively between one another? If you're gonna focus on trading and defense you're gonna need a lot of communication.
2) Will you be able to expand quick enough in order to always be able to have more defense than the other guy's offense? The answer here is - no. If you're only colonizing there's NO WAY you'll be able to keep up with an aggressive alliance that is conquering already developed cities.

Have you heard of the expression "All is fair in love and war"? Spying, planning, attacking, conquering are all tools of war. It doesn't make anyone less honorable to use them. The same way a blacksmith uses his tools to make a sword, a leader of an army uses the tools at his disposal to achieve victory. It doesn't make him less honorable in any way.

Well spoken, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cleaned up the thread. Please do not quote or discuss posts that break the forum rules. If you have a problem with anything posted on the forums use the report feature.

Regards,
Draqone

EDIT: Please keep the thread on topic. We are trying to find an alliance with honor.

DeletedUser1480

thanks for those who took the time to read what i thought.i might not agree with what everyone said but i hope you all have fun playing this game no matter how you decide to play.
i will keep looking for that alliance that fits my playing style.no matter how impossible it might be.
im off to the next conquest world.

good luck and God bless.webb

DeletedUser6452

Good Luck Mr. Webb hope you find the alliance you are looking for It would have been nice if you would have given us a chance to prove what kind of alliance we really are. Hope I get the chance to play along side of you one day

DeletedUser

We'll be coming for your cities soon. We're just going to finishing off a few.....

I'm still waiting.....

BTW, it's interesting to note that the Raptards have begun their death spiral right after losing their spy in our alliance. And THAT, my friends, is the difference between winning honorably and losing in disgrace, without honor.

Yes, honor does matter. It's just hard to find these days.....in real life....and otherwise....

[And this post is on topic since this thread is ABOUT honor.....LOL!]

Nuff said.....

8)

DeletedUser

Yeah, you know me. When the kids give me 5 mins of peace, I gotta babble on some forum......haha

o.o

Kariella

Hoplite
I think the problem with finding an alliance with honor is that it is too easy to spy and their is no punishment for spies... in RL becoming a spy meant turning against your country that you live in and that your family lives in, a country that you love and getting caught is treason and you are executed (typically)...

here becoming a spy is just something else to do (it's not even an ingame function) and if you get caught usually nothing happens AND EVEN worse case scenario if you do get caught and even rimmed as a result, you can rebuild or wait for the next server which opens every 5 minutes... so that is why there is no honor... because there really is no risk in being a spy and you really don't know the people you are playing with... they are just internet acquaintances, so their is no attachment of feelings towards them...

DeletedUser

there is no true Alliance with Honor. only a crowd of People with a Few Honest people in it

DeletedUser

Gee Childress, I wonder where those honest people are... certainly not in the alliance you are in. NM and LSB are the most dishonest players in the game. You attack and steal cities during a cease fire summit that your leaders were the ones that called for in the first place. Then your leadership spreads lies about what was said at the peace treaty to convince the general membership of other alliances to switch sides claiming their leaders tried to sell them out at the summit (which they didn't).

You guys scream Honor and Fair Play while double dealing, backstabbing, and cheating in some cases with multiple accounts and spies in every alliance. Real peace of work your alliance, honorless and dishonest beyond any I have seen in this game. Like the Borgias your day will come and there will be no mercy for your tyranny and worthless behavior.

DeletedUser

Sounds like someone is new to the game...fyi NM is not Dishonorable, you just need to learn how to play and not attack with Birs :)

DeletedUser

Attack with Birs? No... sorry not me. I was here LONG before you Toobe and know the mechanics.

But You sure do know how to abuse the vacation mode to hide whenever you take whomping or have to rebuild your LS fleets. Wait until you really need it from a RL crisis and you'll see what happens when you can't hide in vacation mode. Sooner or later thats what will happen to that sort of abuse.

DeletedUser

look me up if you want to be in a small honorable alliance :) myself and my co founder have been playing together for quite a while and we dont believe in spies or moles...its shameful and just stupid to need to resort to that :/

DeletedUser

look me up if you want to be in a small honorable alliance :) myself and my co founder have been playing together for quite a while and we don't believe in spies or moles...its shameful and just stupid to need to resort to that :/

Well I've heard nothing bad about you or your alliance here in regards to honor, I'll give you that.

BUT your alliance is hardly in the top 10 in the world and is pretty much a one ocean alliance..... and your entire membership's collection of cities is still less than I hold as an individual player. Thats not likely to draw you too much in the way of folks departing the big guys to sign on. Heck, your entire alliance's cities could fit on two or three islands. Too small to be in the running at this stage of the game.

DeletedUser8034

IW Has No Honor

Gee Childress, I wonder where those honest people are... certainly not in the alliance you are in. NM and LSB are the most dishonest players in the game. You attack and steal cities during a cease fire summit that your leaders were the ones that called for in the first place. Then your leadership spreads lies about what was said at the peace treaty to convince the general membership of other alliances to switch sides claiming their leaders tried to sell them out at the summit (which they didn't).

You guys scream Honor and Fair Play while double dealing, backstabbing, and cheating in some cases with multiple accounts and spies in every alliance. Real peace of work your alliance, honorless and dishonest beyond any I have seen in this game. Like the Borgias your day will come and there will be no mercy for your tyranny and worthless behavior.

LSB did not attend this cease fire summit and should not have been mentioned in this post as doing so. LSB did not have one representative in attendance. This account of the cease fire events, regarding LSB's involvement, is categorically untrue and a complete fabrication. Your frustration with you alliance's performance in recent weeks has perhaps clouded your memory of these events.

However, LSB did at a different point in time have a ceasefire with IW which it dishonorably broke. LSB was urged and encouraged by NM (at the time) to engage in ceasefire talks with IW. LSB had no intention of doing a ceasefire at the time and I personally went to bat for the cause for a pact mate. Moreover, IW seemed much more interested in it than LSB. Yet when an initial ceasefire was agreed upon, albeit temporary pending council approval and full ratification by both sides, IW broke it without cause or warning by putting an LSB city in siege. For that, IW has no honor in this world and should not be trusted by friend or foe.

DeletedUser

LSB did not attend this cease fire summit and should not have been mentioned in this post as doing so. LSB did not have one representative in attendance. This account of the cease fire events, regarding LSB's involvement, is categorically untrue and a complete fabrication. Your frustration with you alliance's performance in recent weeks has perhaps clouded your memory of these events.

However, LSB did at a different point in time have a ceasefire with IW which it dishonorably broke. LSB was urged and encouraged by NM (at the time) to engage in ceasefire talks with IW. LSB had no intention of doing a ceasefire at the time and I personally went to bat for the cause for a pact mate. Moreover, IW seemed much more interested in it than LSB. Yet when an initial ceasefire was agreed upon, albeit temporary pending council approval and full ratification by both sides, IW broke it without cause or warning by putting an LSB city in siege. For that, IW has no honor in this world and should not be trusted by friend or foe.

The representatives who went to that meeting were NOT authorized by the membership to do more than listen and then present the deal that was being offered to the council. Unlike many alliances IW was and will be a Democracy. The two representatives were not acting in good faith to either the other people at that gathering or to the membership and tried to set themselves up as dictators. One of them disappeared a few days after the meetings never to be seen again the other lied thru his teeth, was removed from his office etc.

The Alliance membership was not about to let itself to be dictated to or have terms forced on it by outside parties. It still doesn't. We were lied to about how long the cease fire was for, the terms and what the other parties at the table were doing (considering LSB allied itself with the 'enemy' that the new coalition was supposed to be opposing FROM THE START it seems LSB came to the table to betray EVERYONE.

The cease fire was ended 5 days AFTER the original time that we had agreed to. We refused to be held to an agreement made with a representative that overstepped his agreed to power to negotiate and then evidently quit the game after the negotiations. For all we know he was working for you folks all along or a fake account that had weaseled himself into a position of power (he was NOT part of the original leadership but was added during a merger of another smaller alliance into ours).

As for lack of Honor - shall we note that you were yourself a member of our sister/academy alliance and then left to join the folks who became our enemy? That LSB derived from The Unsullied who were all Traitors and deserters from IW in the first month and who swore to destroy us? We do not forget such actions lightly. Once a man with no honor, traitor and deserter, always such.