Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Top 12 Point Alliances: (Power Ranking Number) (Previous Power Rankings/Total Point Rankings From my old Post)
1) The Hive: (1) (2/2)
Avg Points= 65,285---Alliance ABP= 1,759,691---Alliance Total Points= 5,875,767---Top 15 Point Players= 7---Top 15 Attackers= 6---Top 15 Defenders= 5---Top 15 Fighters= 8
Hands down the best alliance of Upsilon. Has had the lead in total points, alliance ABP and almost every positive category/stat for quite some time now. This alliance has had a major target on its back for some time and has weathered several "Coalitions" variations and most usually try to negotiate an end to hostilities once they realize The Hive is no paper tiger. Has now spread to several different Oceans with dominating presences in the center of Upsilon. The core Oceans are the main properties of The Hive and has no signs of losing their grip. Located primarily in Ocean 55,54,44 and 45, with a presence in Ocean 66. Will most definitely Swim and will be around for a very long time. From my previous post this alliance has taken the number 1 total point ranking spot and as well rose to the number 1 power ranking spot. The alliance possesses the top city count in Ocean 54, 55, 45, 44 and 66.

2) Assassins Rite: (2) (NR/NR) *Was not in the top 12 in my previous post
Avg Points= 51,362---Alliance ABP= 766,243---Alliance Total Points= 5,084,858---Top 15 Point Players= 1---Top 15 Attackers= 0---Top 15 Defenders= 0---Top 15 Fighters= 0
Has done some recent moves to get it closer to total point wise to The Hive but is still close to a million point behind in Alliance BP but has done a fine job of getting that number up. Not exactly close to The Hive to be considered a top threat minus in one Ocean that borders their waters. Is located in several Oceans as well, with a nice reach and size for an alliance located closer to the Rim than the Center of Upsilon. Has a presence in Ocean 85, 75, 76, 67, 66, 77 and Ocean 86 with several other oceans having a few of their cities, seems to have really stretched itself which will be fine as long as it doesn't find a close up enemy to test them. The alliance possesses the top city counts in Ocean 85(if you count their academy..), 75, 76, 77 and Ocean 86(again if you count their academy). Due to lack of any real close enemies, I predict this alliance to Swim.

3) The Trinity: (4) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 41,358---Alliance ABP= 503,001---Alliance Total Points= 3,970,396---Top 15 Point Players= 3---Top 15 Attackers= 3---Top 15 Defenders= 2---Top 15 Fighters= 1
This alliance has been one different name or the other, all the while being chased and abused by The Hive. This is their most recent incarnation and will end up failing as well, its just a matter of time. This alliance has mostly shifted Eastward away from The Hive but still has a very active front with The Hive in three different Oceans 55,45 and 66. This alliance not as lucky as others since it borders and is actively fighting a war against TH which it hasn't really fared too well. This alliance has a presence in Ocean 63, 64, 74, 54, 55, 65 and 66, with the top city count in Ocean 64 and 65 . Will Float for now but will eventually sink.

4) Havoc - Ocean 25: (5) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 33,892---Alliance ABP= 731,381---Alliance Total Points= 2,914,748---Top 15 Point Players= 0---Top 15 Attackers= 1---Top 15 Defenders= 0---Top 15 Fighters= 0
Pretty solid alliance and has a great working relationship with TH and does a pretty good job of expanding its border. My biggest beef with this alliance is its name, for goodness sake just change to Havoc or find a way to drop the Ocean 25 part, no need in having that when the mass majority of your cities are outside of Ocean 25 lol. Its a member of the Havoc-Coalition which encompasses several other Havoc Alliances, which I am all in favor of. From my own personal experience I have seen the benefit of creating a Working Coalition of multiple alliances and this guarantees a structure that should take you very far down the road, as long as the group is properly led and administered of course. This Alliance has a presence in Ocean 35,25 and 36 with small presence in a few other oceans. This Alliance has a total city count lead in Ocean 35,25 and 36. This alliance will Swim.

5) Antimatter: (3) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 59,772---Alliance ABP= 36,126---Alliance Total Points= 2,331,126---Top 15 Point Players= 0---Top 15 Attackers= 1---Top 15 Defenders= 2---Top 15 Fighters= 2
A pretty brand new alliance but I got high hopes for them. Maybe its the avg point total that has me sold or the fact they are in the top 12 with only 39 players but I think this alliance is probably the 3rd best alliance in Upsilon. Its alliance ABP shows its age but I believe this number will eventually go up to a more proper place. For the most part its geographically located in Ocean 56 but has presence in a few other oceans bordering their main cluster in 56. If they could continue to find good recruits to fill in their ranks or merge with another alliance they could be a very serious contender for longevity, their only challenge to survive would be the fact they border TH and has Havoc to the West and Assassins Rite to the East so one way or the other the alliance will be tested if it is to survive. I will say they Swim.

6) The Oracle: (6) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 31,944---Alliance ABP= 341,011---Alliance Total Points= 2,236,083---Top 15 Point Players= 2---Top 15 Attackers= 1---Top 15 Defenders= 0---Top 15 Fighters= 1
Seems to be somewhat new in comparison to some of the other alliances. Its a tad lower on the ABP rankings for an alliance in the 6th spot, so will scratch it up to its age. Starting to reach the point in the rankings where you start finding Alliances more centrally located than the larger alliances who have already expanded out of their Home Oceans. This alliance has its main cluster of cities in Ocean 57 with some cities in border Oceans. With its size and proximity to Antimatter, I predict either a full scale war or an eventual merge, like the saying goes "there can be only one". Predict this alliance to swim.

7) Havoc: (7) (9/10)
Avg Points= 25,126---Alliance ABP= 524,394---Alliance Total Points= 2,185,941---Top 15 Point Players= 0---Top 15 Attackers= 1---Top 15 Defenders= 0---Top 15 Fighters= 0
Refer to Havoc-Ocean 25 comments for most of my commentary on this alliance. This Alliance is in Ocean 33, 24 and 34 with a few border cities in other oceans around it. This alliance has a city count lead in Ocean 24 and 34. The first alliance outside of The Hive that is still around from my previous post and has moved up 3 total point rankings spot and has moved up two spots on my personal power rankings. Will continue to Swim as I stated in my previous post. Always nice to be right hehe.

8) The Elder Gods: (9) (10/12)
Avg Points= 26,470---Alliance ABP= 403,321---Alliance Total Points= 2,170,530---Top 15 Point Players= 0---Top 15 Attackers= 0---Top 15 Defenders= 1---Top 15 Fighters= 0
This alliance has been around for some time, not exactly an amazing group but I have definitely seen worse groups. Its primarily located in Ocean 44 and 43, with only having a city count lead in Ocean 43. It has terrible luck in placement since it borders the Havoc Coalition and The Hive which doesn't bode well for its survival. Since my last ranking this alliance has moved 4 spots in the total point ranking and has moved up a spot in my personal power rankings. This alliance will sink, changing my earlier prediction of Floating(Its floated enough at this point...).

9) Arrivederci: (8) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 30,907---Alliance ABP= 528,438---Alliance Total Points= 2,163,486---Top 15 Point Players= 1---Top 15 Attackers= 2---Top 15 Defenders= 2---Top 15 Fighters= 2
This alliance is slightly better than its total point ranking spot but by only one spot really. I would say this alliance has some good stats for its size but I fear its leadership is not entirely the wisest. On a pretty boneheaded move their alliance leader decided to dictate terms to the number one alliance of Upsilon and instigated TH/Havoc Coalition unnecessarily which resulted in him losing several cities. Not sure why boast your prowess to the number one alliance and than clearly rely on several alliances to defend your towns, if you believe your alliance is that amazing than only rely on your people's defensive forces if not than at least when you boast make sure you give credit to all those other alliances who have helped you. This alliance is primarily located in Ocean 46, 47, 36 and 37, with only having a city count lead in 46 and 47, way too spread out for an alliance that is in several other oceans like it is and especially one stirring that hornet's(or I guess bees...) nest. Predict this alliance will float for the time being but eventual sink due to its enemies.

10) Italia: (10) (NR/NR)
Avg Points= 26,125---Alliance ABP= 205,397---Alliance Total Points= 2,037,746---Top 15 Point Players= 0---Top 15 Attackers= 0---Top 15 Defenders= 0---Top 15 Fighters= 0
Going to guess this alliance is relatively new since its Alliance ABP is pretty bad for an alliance in the top 10. Its almost entirely located in Ocean 67 with it clearly having formed a few WW Islands already in its NW corner of 67, either that or at the least they have a good chunk of cities in very close proximity in Ocean 67 NW corner. This alliance has Assasins Rite to the East which I'm sure they have negotiated some kind of agreement to at least freeing it up to expand Westward which is made up of several One Ocean Alliances that it should be able to match up against. Depending on its status with Assasins Rite would determine if it Sinks or Swim, if its pacted with AR than Swim if not Sink.

11) Imperial Cult: (11) (NR/NR)
Look it up, I'm tired lol Nothing spectacular and the same could be said with the number 12 alliance, both will be rated at their own total point ranking for future Power Ranking changes and will consider both Sink.

Conclusion: Since my last rankings done on 11-10-13, the world has shifted gears and more balance has come. A lot of the weak inexperienced alliances have disappeared, since my last rankings only 3 have survived till now. I had predicted 5 swims so was off by at least 2 alliances. This world has started to become more centralized with almost all of the alliances in the top 12 possessing some geographically intact territories, no longer do we have the alliances that span several non-connecting Oceans.

This world is entering a much more exciting phase that will have alliances stick around much longer than the earlier days, which should lead to some good rivalry. The good leaders and alliances should be now starting to engage in more diplomacy and contact with other group of peoples, not necessarily to form pacts or connections but to start learning more and more about the other Oceans outside of your own experiences and to form bonds that could come in handy down the road.

I predict that while there will be more consolidation and alliances coming within reach of The Hive in total points, no alliance will pass them in either Alliance BP or in total points. This alliance has demonstrated a level of excellence unrivaled in Upsilon and no Coalition or alliance will ever threaten its top spot in the rankings. Hopefully you all have enjoyed reading this and if you have any questions or comments by all means drop me an in-game message or a posting here. Just know I love to hear from other players outside of my normal range and if anyone would like to share their alliance's history and relations by all mean privately in-game mail me.

DeletedUser

Thank you bud! Just glad its appreciated, took forever to write up and by the end I was dying to finish up. You could kinda tell the analysis gets weaker and weaker the closer to the end it gets lol thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

No No no you got this all wrong.

#1 TEG
#2 Arrivederci
#3 ....

Um hold on I think Im doing this wrong, yep I got the fail list here my bad.

Black Ops will Raise Havoc!!!

DeletedUser

I predict that while there will be more consolidation and alliances coming within reach of The Hive in total points, no alliance will pass them in either Alliance BP or in total points. This alliance has demonstrated a level of excellence unrivaled in Upsilon and no Coalition or alliance will ever threaten its top spot in the rankings.
Tell me more about the Hive's unparalleled excellence...

willywonka.jpg

DeletedUser6798

Tell me more about the Hive's unparalleled excellence...

Hive:#1 in ABP by 1 million points, #1 in DBP by 1.1 million points, #1 in total BP by 2.4 million points, #1 in Average points by 6k points per player. Has 4 players in top 10 in the world and 10 of top 20. Also has 6 of top 10 players in total bP

Assassins Rite:#2 in BP, #2 in ABP, but #10 in DBP and average 10k less per player. Has #1 player in the world, but none else in top 10 and only 3 total in top 20. Also has no top players in total BP.

But hey.. only stat that matters is total points... Maybe the focus of the alliance should be to actually attack players and not mass recruit to stay at 100 members.

But justify things however you want. Just glad that finally taking the #1 spot in ONE category urged you to create an account and make your first comment. Welcome to the externals.

DeletedUser

First off the last thing we should do is gang jump the first person to comment on anywhere in the world forums in over a month it seems BUT come on the last thing I would do is take "pride" in the most noobish MRA style of merging up to take the number one spot that has been seen on Upsilon or most of these US Servers, at least never seen such a drive in my other US server experience.

Had you accomplished your goal through more respectful means like conquering and defeating The Hive to take the spot, not by singing kumbya and merging everyone in your waters up by using the ole fear TH card than I would be more shocked at what happened but the style it was done still nice but lacking much achievement. There is no bigger recruiter in your alliance than TH I bet, by managing to scare everyone in your locales into AS to fight us, AS managed to surpass TH in total points. Congratulations, I didn't expect a number 2 alliance to go the route of MRA but by all means being on the top is worthy of being honored. So congrats, I would love to see how AS would even manage fighting every other alliance of Upsilon that TH has done with flying colors for months and will continue to do so.

AS empire might enjoy being the queen of the Rim but lets see how she does cracking the core of Upsilon. Also considering the point advantage is so slight, its a tad preemptive to start ringing out the we are soooo much better than TH arguments. The facts stand on their own, we own with dominance every metric of importance and if you think total points is the only basis for being considered on the top than I now understand the MRA strategy AS has undertaken. TH can easily recruit players to take back the lead but we enjoy quality over quantity. So AS Enjoy being the number 1 ranked alliance we will see if you have what it takes to stay there.

DeletedUser6798

I wasnt jumping on him.. technically.....

But you cant put a meme in this chat w/o putting SOME kind of justification..

DeletedUser

hehe I didn't mean you bud, I just assumed criticizing TH would lead to having 20 other TH players jump on him. Having anyone respond to him is more than justified. I didn't want to limit commenting since we really do need all the talking we can get. You were more than respectful and insightful with your information countering his point.

DeletedUser3522

just when you thought things couldn't get any more strange...

DeletedUser6798

::: sits and waits for someone to offer a productive counter point:::

o.o

DeletedUser

is it just me or has AR never been in a real war? i mean the closest thing they have done to what would be considered to be a war was attack ocean 66 after they turned on their former ally Uprising... but i guess its hard to start a war when your policy is to be "friends" with everyone around you because your afraid of real combat.

thats right im calling Assassins Rite a bunch of COWARDS! come attack our core and prove me wrong!

DeletedUser2630

is it just me or has AR never been in a real war? i mean the closest thing they have done to what would be considered to be a war was attack ocean 66 after they turned on their former ally Uprising... but i guess its hard to start a war when your policy is to be "friends" with everyone around you because your afraid of real combat.

thats right im calling Assassins Rite a bunch of COWARDS! come attack our core and prove me wrong!

LOL I'm not sure what Assassins they have if they're all cowards :)

DeletedUser7469

I would not ever say that uprising was an ally and the simple fact that they were #2 in rank b4 their dismantlement of their "stronghold" to AR and allies hands and losing as many cities as they did, in such a short period should constitute a "war" at minor proportions at the very least . This was my first post in this server im interested in top 12 predictions ty oliver and ur comment Digtal, so I decided to put my 2cents in and add to community gossip .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7853

Upsilon is slowly giving up the ghost. Too many people are being sicken chits and going into extended VM (to avoid fighting tough fights). Too many people are outright quitting, while the majority of the rest sit on their thumbs waiting for "someone else to make a move" or falt out hide behind the skirts of "those other guys" they are pacted with. There are deffinately alot of alliances who are pacted with everyone on their borders... How do you expect to grow if you do not fight to gain BP? I guess you COULD grow the way Great Infidel does (using gold to throw Olympic Games around the clock (I fail to see the fun in that, but to each his own.). Quitters never learn the importance of good, old fashioned, hard work and perseverance and never gain the benefits that come from it.

Bottom line: Grow some giggle berries and don't be afraid of some bully demanding a pact or NAP. This is a WAR GAME. Learn how to be effective and don't allow yourself to be turned into yet another lemming by some guy who just wants to use you because he let his mouth and temper get him into a pi55ing contest with someone else :)

DeletedUser

Oh man so much saltiness. I love it.

just when you thought things couldn't get any more strange...

Hey, shouldn't you be sending out invites for our MRA instead of posting on here?.. No worries, I'll do my part and find some flawed statistics to post out of context! :eek: