DEAD FORUMS

DeletedUser

in my defense, I wanted a merger as my time for leading was decreasing. I asked 3 different alliances who all said "no"...
-Angry Telletubbies
-Immortal
-Ignem Viatores

Who else am I supposed to merge with?

DeletedUser2630

Officially not only the forum is dead, but the server aswell :)
cheers

P.S. yeah, there is much more drama on the .en servers than in here. That i can say from personal experience

Sounds like sore losers whining to me. I play on EN servers too and actually find the level of play higher on the US servers. If you can't hack it here then try somewhere else but at some point realize the game/server is what you make of it. Bye :)

DeletedUser2385

It's unfortunate that when one alliance and another chose to merge for many public (and private) reasons that if those alliances are near the top they are assaulted for it. Yet any other set of alliances can merge... oh and then merge... and then merge... and then merge... Then it's not a big deal?

Mergers are going to happen for a large array of reasons, sometimes leadership of one (or both) alliances needs assistance. Other times it may be out of mutual direction and focus. It really doesn't matter why an alliance merges. If there are complaints that an alliance is to "good", well deal with it and #GetBetter. Every alliance leader has the opportunity to do the same and many choose the wrong path. When alliances choose to take the correct path, the get again get assaulted for making better decisions than other groups on the server. It's a bit sad and pathetic really...

Let's just take a quick gander at what is going on. You have a group of alliances that total way more than The Hive. If this particular group had leadership that was able to teach and manage their own players then they would easily be able to take on The Hive. The fact of the matter is they either don't have that leadership or the leadership in existence isn't willing to put the time into it. There is a lot of work and effort that goes into creating good alliances. The Hive was built through the effort and drive of it's members. It will continue to succeed through that drive and effort. It's not the fault of The Hive that others are not putting in that type of effort or have not come up with a structure that works for them etc...

It's very interesting to see what others would have our alliance do. I have been messaged saying we need to break up because we are successful. Why? Is it that complicated for alliances to put real thought into how they will handle themselves both diplomatically and as far as expansion guidelines etc. go?

Why is it that there is the decision to come to the boards and whine that a group is doing well? Shouldn't it be cause to redouble your efforts and determine a path to victory? Are people so easily broken that this early in the game there is an automatic belief that the server is decided? This is a long game, no reasonable person would conclude that this server is "won" by any one group of players. Yes, we are in a good position, so if it's a big deal to you, get off your rump and do something about it instead of cry on the forums about it. Please, we would welcome the effort!

I dislike saying such things in general, but Brit has it right- Don't be a sore loser, be a driven one-

DeletedUser

It's unfortunate that when one alliance and another chose to merge for many public (and private) reasons that if those alliances are near the top they are assaulted for it. Yet any other set of alliances can merge... oh and then merge... and then merge... and then merge... Then it's not a big deal?

Mergers are going to happen for a large array of reasons, sometimes leadership of one (or both) alliances needs assistance. Other times it may be out of mutual direction and focus. It really doesn't matter why an alliance merges. If there are complaints that an alliance is to "good", well deal with it and #GetBetter. Every alliance leader has the opportunity to do the same and many choose the wrong path. When alliances choose to take the correct path, the get again get assaulted for making better decisions than other groups on the server. It's a bit sad and pathetic really...

Let's just take a quick gander at what is going on. You have a group of alliances that total way more than The Hive. If this particular group had leadership that was able to teach and manage their own players then they would easily be able to take on The Hive. The fact of the matter is they either don't have that leadership or the leadership in existence isn't willing to put the time into it. There is a lot of work and effort that goes into creating good alliances. The Hive was built through the effort and drive of it's members. It will continue to succeed through that drive and effort. It's not the fault of The Hive that others are not putting in that type of effort or have not come up with a structure that works for them etc...

It's very interesting to see what others would have our alliance do. I have been messaged saying we need to break up because we are successful. Why? Is it that complicated for alliances to put real thought into how they will handle themselves both diplomatically and as far as expansion guidelines etc. go?

Why is it that there is the decision to come to the boards and whine that a group is doing well? Shouldn't it be cause to redouble your efforts and determine a path to victory? Are people so easily broken that this early in the game there is an automatic belief that the server is decided? This is a long game, no reasonable person would conclude that this server is "won" by any one group of players. Yes, we are in a good position, so if it's a big deal to you, get off your rump and do something about it instead of cry on the forums about it. Please, we would welcome the effort!

I dislike saying such things in general, but Brit has it right- Don't be a sore loser, be a driven one-

Agreed. I was actually debating posting something about Sore Leaders, but out of the kindness of my heart, I decided to save the coallition the emberassment

DeletedUser

Agreed. I was actually debating posting something about Sore Leaders, but out of the kindness of my heart, I decided to save the coallition the emberassment

Come on let the butthurt be known!!

PS: I think you can now add me to active posters.

DeletedUser

Well Kelt, it pains me to say this, but we do have many weaknesses.

Beedrill is Bug/Poison type. Therefore we are weak to Psychic, Rock, Flying and Fire type alliances.

We're going to get mauled by any alliances that contains this hefty player:

5Bpvy.jpg

DeletedUser5088

Beedrill is Bug/Poison type. Therefore we are weak to Psychic, Rock, Flying and Fire type alliances.

5Bpvy.jpg

oh dear :eek:

DeletedUser

Back on topic, I never post much in forums but read most. Gives a good feel of the mood of the world.
Secondly every forum I have been on in a speed 1 world on every server seems dead, because the pace of the game is so much slower than most players are used to.
As for the server itself, the good thing about a speed 1 world is that if you have played a lot on speed 2 worlds, you can come to a speed 1 world and kick some serious a**. If you play it the same way, I mean demanding resources every 5 min and island quests still pop up at the same rate no matter what the world speed is.

DeletedUser6486

5Bpvy.jpg

sounds like Ignem Viatores right :D

DeletedUser

Sounds like sore losers whining to me. I play on EN servers too and actually find the level of play higher on the US servers. If you can't hack it here then try somewhere else but at some point realize the game/server is what you make of it. Bye :)

I just migrated from the en servers and this is my first us world. but its true that the competition is crazier on en, but thats only because there are many more players there. all experienced players jump in on a world within the first week and end up in or near the core oceans so stronger alliances emerge in those areas. and by simple averages the more players you have in a world, the more experience players are there to fight it out. as far as percentage of good vs noobish players... I bet its the same.

also, i have noticed a trend of very good and experienced players migrating to the us servers because they get tired of getting up at night because they are getting attacked... so being in a world where most people share similar time zones is a big bonus if you dont live and breathe the game

DeletedUser5088

I just migrated from the en servers and this is my first us world. but its true that the competition is crazier on en, but thats only because there are many more players there. all experienced players jump in on a world within the first week and end up in or near the core oceans so stronger alliances emerge in those areas. and by simple averages the more players you have in a world, the more experience players are there to fight it out. as far as percentage of good vs noobish players... I bet its the same.

also, i have noticed a trend of very good and experienced players migrating to the us servers because they get tired of getting up at night because they are getting attacked... so being in a world where most people share similar time zones is a big bonus if you dont live and breathe the game

I migrated to .us because I didn't realize there was a difference when I rejoined Grepolis :D
it was just the first thing that came up when I typed in Grepolis

DeletedUser

I migrated to .us because I didn't realize there was a difference when I rejoined Grepolis :D
it was just the first thing that came up when I typed in Grepolis

I saw a tv commercial for it and was bored one Sunday.

DeletedUser

And then next thing you know your an addict; getting up at 3:00 AM to launch attacks and loot farming, sitting in front of your monitor demanding resources every 5 min.

DeletedUser

And then next thing you know your an addict; getting up at 3:00 AM to launch attacks and loot farming, sitting in front of your monitor demanding resources every 5 min.

how did you know? have you been spying on me? ;)

DeletedUser

Didnt want to start a new thread.. Is it to late to enter this world? Just a noob..