First Issue: The Upsilon Times

DeletedUser

The Upsilon Times

09/10/2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this issue:
Interviews with top 12 leaders
My views on the world
Predictions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My views on the world:
The world is still very young and we are yet to see any real threats as the majority of the world seems to be novices. Growth is something that is a big issue in this world, really because of the world speed. The world speed is set at basic, lvl 1. Speed one as known by everyone is the slowest speed setting possible on worlds. This creates an issue, almost every player has played a speed one, for learning purposes, which is how you can tell the amount of novices in this world. Many Veterans have learned to skip these worlds and are playing in more advanced worlds with higher speeds. Which also comes back to the issue of growth. Activity is key to a grepolis world wide success, as this leads to larger wars, larger growth spurts and more fun. So come on guys lets be active.

Interviews:
Here are a few alliance leader interviews that give us a bit of insight into some of the possible up and coming alliances. I personally don't see many of these alliances going very far. At this stage most seem to be mass recruiters with little experience. SHOUT OUT to Wolves* and Ghost Riders who have already established themselves as the two worst alliances in Upsilon. (Click the spoiler to read interview)

Halfway to Heaven
Interview with Mayhew10

[SPR]1)How did you come up with the alliance name?
The Alliance name is a name my friends and I use in every game we play.

2) What experience do you have as a leader?
I've led many guilds through various games such as World of Warcraft, a clan in Age of Empires III, Dofus, Wakfu, a clan on Call of Duty, and a clan on League of Legends.

3) What ocean are you based in and do you have any aims for the future?
We are currently based out of Ocean 45 with almost an entire island of members from our Alliance.

4) Are you an aggressive alliance?
We intend to attack any alliance and destroy them if they refuse a pact with us, the game is conquest and tactics. I feel we have a strong advantage in that field.

5) What is a must to join your alliance?
A must to join Halfway to Heaven, you must be in Ocean 45 so we can protect you, you must be 500+ points, you must be active and hopeful for greatness.

Personal opinion:They have already established a strong position in O45 with 26 cities, with other alliances having no more than 6 cities. I know nothing about their members or leaders however I get the sense they may lack experience (they already have 6 pacts :p) Float/Sink[/SPR]

ImperialDeathSquad
Interview with predawn

Imperial; relating to sovereign means to be independent no strings attached to Councils or other types of formats that resemble something along those lines. DeathSquad is taken after a podcast i like to watch while playing grepolis.

I started out in Lambda creating my first Alliance the Priory after a while i joined the tight-knit unit Herkulean Hoplitai. Since then i have been Founding groups when a new world has opened to meet new challenges & connect with a variety of players.I gift my cities to friends i meet once i leave and i am a credit to being a Founder in 5 Worlds/Leader in 5 worlds/Diplomat in 5 Worlds/Council member in 2 Worlds/General in 4 Worlds.

The bulk of our squad is in O44 and we are still drawing up plans :)

My words would be there is good reason to be cautious & mindful of our footprints on Upsilon.

5)Having enthusiasm to be apart of our Fraternity and is active daily within the Mandalorian Nation.

Personal opinion: Predawn does not have the best reputation on the forums and has been highlighted as a poor leader. However this is a new world and I'm interested to see how his alliance will do. I am hoping they will be really aggressive and start a few good wars. Float[/SPR]

Ride or Die
Interview with killacharger

I liked the name.

I have around 3 worlds of experience as a leader.

We are based in O44

Who isn't?

Experience/Activity/location

Personal opinion: They look as if they could be strong and I recognize a few good names from other worlds. If they are aggressive and challenge ImperialDeathSquad for O44 they could be a great alliance. Swim[/SPR]

Sparta54
Interview with MrsJill

I was asked to join by Abishi. I have some experience and I am on a great deal in different shifts.

I have been, a consultant, on strategic council, etc. I have also had a previous alliance which merged into a larger one.

I am in O54 and will help with other oceans as I am able.

Well, we cant give any secrets council information. We do make packs and alliances.

You must be active, loyal, and dedicated. Though we send invitation letters at this time, as the ocean fills we will let people come to us.

Personal opinion: I know very little about this alliance but they are based in O54 and have around 23 cities. If they are aggressive out of BP and work to establish control in their ocean they could do well. Float[/SPR]

Dulce et Decorum
Interview with sandhurst91

Charl suggested the name on the forums as the previous name wasn't very original and to be honest kinda sucked. It is based on our alliance motto "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" which reflects our alliance's 'never give in' attitude.

I was leader/founder of Oceans Heaven on Rho, which I brought from well over rank 50 to 9, since my departure they become the brother alliance to HaVoC and I believe are ranked 12th. I have also been a leader in the EN server and founded other alliances. Real life has meant in the past I had to stop playing but the low speed makes it more manageable. I know what it takes and am ready to do what is necessary for my alliance to succeed.

We are based in O55. Quite simple actually win our ocean then win the surrounding ones to control the world.

Yes we shall do what is necessary to win and aggression is key. Other alliances will cripple in the fear of being attacked. We shall show everyone who is boss.

You must be active, respective of other members, hard working, have knowledge of the game or be a quick learner, aggressive and based in O55.

Personal opinion: I won't say to much as it is my alliance and I don't want to come across biased, but we shall be aggressive and will look to dominate our oceans and the world. Swim[/SPR]

The Lacedaemonians
Interview with Thanatos I

The Lacedaemonians are the people of Sparta and the surrounding are in the southeastern part of the Peloponnese peninsula. I liked the association with Sparta but also that we would be more than just the one city. The Lacedaemonians to me represented the strength and unity of a larger group like the alliance.

As far as the game goes. I have been involved with smaller alliances as a leader, founder, and general member in several worlds.

We are based mostly in Ocean 55 but are making strides into 56 & 65.

We are very aggressive as far as expansion & protecting our members. The Lacedaemonians have not entered into any pacts yet but that will probably change as we grow.

The only is to be active.

Personal opinion: The alliance has failed in every other world it has been in and I don't see this time it will be very different. They are an MRA and have no entry requirements bar "to be active". Based in O55, they have the most cities in the ocean, with 63 but an average points of only 863. I don't see them going far, but who knows maybe they will prove us wrongFloat/Sink.[/SPR]

Predictions
There is not a lot to predict at this stage. My alliance, Dulce et Decorum, clearly have the highest average points at the moment and shall do all we can to win this world. We don't accept useless pacts and will happily take on any alliance that gets in our way of domination. I can see that in the next few days, more alliances with similar attitudes and aims shall crop up and cause a lot of interest in this world.

That is the end of the first issue. If you have enjoyed it and wish to see more issues +rep me and let me know. All feedback is welcomed, so any suggestions post below or send me a pm. Till next time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Was very little to write about and not a great amount of point, but I wanted to show you guys what it would be like in the future and see what you thought about it!

DeletedUser5088

I started out in Lambda creating my first Alliance the Priory after a while i joined the tight-knit unit Herkulean Hoplitai. Since then i have been Founding groups when a new world has opened to meet new challenges & connect with a variety of players.I gift my cities to friends i meet once i leave and i am a credit to being a Founder in 5 Worlds/Leader in 5 worlds/Diplomat in 5 Worlds/Council member in 2 Worlds/General in 4 Worlds.

I am sorry But I had to point this out. He is basically saying he only is at the start of a world so he is leaving this world. How can this alliance survive if it's leader is always moving to the next world

DeletedUser

Halfway to Heaven, looks like I will have fun in O45. :)

DeletedUser

Predawn isn't going anywhere, ImperialDeathSquad will do just fine here..have no doubt..He sends his regards, Charl ;)

DeletedUser6486

He ditched my alliance in Rho, don't be too sure

DeletedUser

Someone needs to join me in O45 it's a very small and boring core ocean, and btw nice paper sand.

DeletedUser7127

Interesting information, it's a shame no one is able to interview Dulce et Decorum... I've taken a bit of interest in that particular subject.

DeletedUser6486

At the moment they seem to be the top alliance, we'll see after bp is over

DeletedUser

As requested, the dulce et decorum interview is now in the newspaper. Enjoy and thanks for all the feedback.

DeletedUser

This is awesome..I am proud to be a part of such an organized and crafty alliance. Thank you...Charl is working on my sig

DeletedUser

I wasnt on for two days, i see you guys are all the way in O65 or O64 with a good squad