grepointel

DeletedUser

for anyone who ever use grepointel to track a player's online time, what is the online weighting?

DeletedUser39

From what I understood;

Lets say Player [A] is playing on a regular basis, and is more active at certain moments of the day than he is at other moments, due to things such as work, sleep and going out with friends. Lets say he plays between 6-8AM at home, checks at work every now and then between 8AM-5PM, plays back at home actively again between 5PM-9PM, and goes out with friends after that, and doesn't check back in untill 6AM.

Now, grepointel will keep track of this; Lets say that when Player [A] is at work, he makes less actions because he is occupied with his tasks. The online weighting will set off his activity in the morning towards his activity when at work; If between 6AM-8AM the online weighting shows '120', and between 8AM-5PM shows '30', that means for every 4 (120/30 =4 ) actions Player [A] makes in the morning when at home, he only makes 1 action while at work. From this, you can derive his activity; even if there is an activity bar at every hour of the day, the online weighting gives an indication of the moments at which there are relatively fewer actions made by Player [A].

If this is wrong, feel free to correct me - this is what I've been using, and it's been correct so far.

PS: Grepointel is in no way an online indicator; just because a bar shows 'low activity' at a certain point of the day, doesn't mean that player is never online at that very moment. My grepointel shows I'm never online at 3PM, but I'm wondering what I'm doing here if I'm offline...:D

DeletedUser257

When the green bars are higher that means they are more active at that time.

DeletedUser298

When the green bars are higher that means they are more active at that time.

Not neccesarily true. If you notice to the left there are numbers, sometimes it might be 1 sometimes they may go up to 200. From what I beleive, this is the amount of time you are active, somehow. So you could have 1 on the left, and your green bars could be really high for like 3 hours(which happens to be the case with the guy I'm taking), or the person's numbers could be as high as 200, with only 1 hour reaching that and other hours are just lower. It's hard to explain, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. It's just what I've always believed, not sure if it's true.

DeletedUser257

I know that but it always incremental so it could be 5-10-15-20 or it could be 50-100-150-200. What I'm saying is if you are looking at one person's graph, when the bars are higher, they are more active but if you are comparing 2 different graphs, yes the numbers come into consideration. If you are comparing them, the person with 5-20 could have a bar all the way at the top but it would still be less than the guy with 50-200 even if it was only 1/4 of the height of the graph.