x3 Speed and Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know this setting was picked by the players, but like many things the majority votes on, I think it was a pretty bad choice. Only having 8 hours to react to a Conquest attempt is cutting it way too short in my opinion. Let's face it, even with Tripwires in place, if a player is offline and doesn't see it you have little chance of doing much.

It might not effect seasoned players much, but a lot of people join this game and are whisked into a world where they really don't know what is going on. They get seriously upset when they get Conquered so fast and are out of the game. This is not a complaining session, just something to think about next time you set up a new world. Players are quitting (for good) because of the settings here (yeah..they didn't realize what they were getting into) and that is bad for the game overall in my opinion.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

Somewhere Daedalus explained the way he chooses the servers. So, everything you said is basically true but also - if you don't like 3x join a different world. Or wait about 2 weeks for a new one to spawn. Don't want to seem rude but this thread is basically pointless.

DeletedUser

I know this setting was picked by the players, but like many things the majority votes on, I think it was a pretty bad choice. Only having 8 hours to react to a Conquest attempt is cutting it way too short in my opinion. Let's face it, even with Tripwires in place, if a player is offline and doesn't see it you have little chance of doing much.

It might not effect seasoned players much, but a lot of people join this game and are whisked into a world where they really don't know what is going on. They get seriously upset when they get Conquered so fast and are out of the game. This is not a complaining session, just something to think about next time you set up a new world. Players are quitting (for good) because of the settings here (yeah..they didn't realize what they were getting into) and that is bad for the game overall in my opinion.

Thoughts?

There are a ton of different worlds with settings that fit any players wants and desires. The last world we opened is pretty much the opposite of World 16. Really I have no clue what more I can do than that. We have forums with all the information, a wiki that describes what each setting means, tons of players who will gladly offer their opinion and assistance and a mod team full of people who would gladly offer advice. Short of emailing every brand new player and personally guiding them (which I am sorry but that is not going to happen), we have everything a new player could need to find the game that would best suit their style and enjoyment.

We will lose new players who choose not to use these resources, but that is just part of running a game server. Not much we can do about it.

DeletedUser

My point was that this world's setting were picked by a player poll..so it is valid for future voting. At least in my opinion and the going to a different world is fine..if the people who started the game don't just quit from frustration..my other point.

On a side note and not to be rude..but why do you have a Blood Angel Assault Marine in your signature when Torgaddon was a Luna Wolf/Sons of Horus Captain?

Fair enough Daedalus, I understand completely what you are saying. I just wanted players to think about it when they vote and what the implications are.

DeletedUser

On a side note and not to be rude..but why do you have a Blood Angel Assault Marine in your signature when Torgaddon was a Luna Wolf/Sons of Horus Captain?

I didn't make the signature myself and I wasn't gonna be so picky as to ask from the creator to make it specifically with a Luna Wolf. You're right though, Torgaddon isn't a Blood Raven. I like you already, you're a Warhammer fan. ;D

Not gonna spam anymore. :p

DeletedUser

I'm not sure this thread has much of a use in a world specific forum.

Thread closed.

Kind regards,

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.