MRA? More like..... MR-Lame. Ouch.

DeletedUser

Hark, all those who can hear the sound of my marvelous and bellowing voice! The great world of Xi is a ripe field of battle for many, yet un-fought, wars of conquest. Powerful forces align themselves, vast armies are being amassed, and fleets numbering in the hundreds of thousands prepare to plunder the riches of others. Xi is a world full of untapped potential! However, as is the case in all things, there are those spoiling the fun.

I speak, of course, of MRAs, the bane of active worlds, and the bulwarks of stability and drudgery. These "alliances"- and I use that term as loosely as possible- believe themselves "successful" and "powerful" because they've managed to amass great numbers of players, and with them points. They think themselves safe because they hide behind their hordes of archers and pegasi. But these alliances, and the players who spearhead them are no stronger than a small, poorly fed mutt (like those obnoxious yippy ones that bite at your heels, so you kick them away, but they just keep popping back up and dear lord why do they exist?), and do nothing but stagnate the game by serving as boring and rather uninspired obstacles, offering little resistance when attacked, and being nigh impossible to rouse from their corpse-like state of immobility and assumed impotence.

This is why I have taken it upon myself to tear these MRAs down before they can take root in this wonderful world. To eliminate them in hopes of creating a place of epic tales and heroic feats of strength, instead of one where the greatest "feat" would be to find a top 10 alliance with less than 140 players. Towards this goal, I am declaring war against the Nights Watch and, once they've been dispatched, all other MRAs.

I am not in an alliance. I am not a top 100 player. However, I am effectively challenging 100+ players single handedly, because I'm confident that they cannot, will not, rise to my challenge.

So after a time, when you're wondering what ever happened to the Nights Watch, you will know they died out because of the fierceness they lacked, yet so sorely needed, the fire in their bellies that seemed more the after effect of bad meat than bloodlust, and their rather effeminate inability to grow facial hair. thisisgrepolis

Disclaimer: While this is going to be a world long venture, being one man against hundreds, it will take some time. I ask for no help and am quite happy to devote my presence in this world, from now until the wonders are all wrapped up, to destroying, disorganizing, or otherwise pestering MRAs. Patience, I'll be doing my best. If you support this cause, you can do your part simply by sacking or conquering the city of an MRA member. Every little bit counts.

This may not be the PnP that Xi needs to kick things off, but it's a far sight more than these empty forums deserve :p Get active people, this game is what you make it, and the forums can be half the fun, but I'm not sure how many people even know the external forums exist right now.

DeletedUser

lol welcome to Grepolis. :D You get 100 MRAs to every good alliance. :D thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser39

Good to see that those from Futurus Sanguis and a few other alliances aren't the only sane people on Xi. I wish you good luck, and of course, you can expect some help from Futurus Sanguis; we've already helped in breaking up The Black Hand, and we plan on taking out those other 'good' :)p) alliances as well.

Regards,

Acupuncture

DeletedUser

It's alliances like Futurus Sanguis that make things happen my friend. The small, organized, packed to the brim with soldiers alliances ;) Here's to you guys and those like you!

DeletedUser

As of yet there has been no response from them, despite me beating on one of their members at the moment.

DeletedUser

I'm another person with some sense from futurus sanguis. I am currently pretty far away from my alliance mates because of starting a few days late, so my passtime until everyone grows and the world gets smaller is to eat the Quick Draw Pirates one by one until I myself am the leading alliance in O34 :p

DeletedUser

I'm another person with some sense from futurus sanguis. I am currently pretty far away from my alliance mates because of starting a few days late, so my passtime until everyone grows and the world gets smaller is to eat the Quick Draw Pirates one by one until I myself am the leading alliance in O34 :p

lol.......

DeletedUser

Does MRA mean Member rich alliance? what exactly qualifies as an MRA?

DeletedUser

Does MRA mean Member rich alliance? what exactly qualifies as an MRA?

Close. MRA stands for Mass Recruiting Alliance. Usually alliances that send out blind invites and recruit just for points are classified as MRAs.

DeletedUser

I mighta got stuck in one then, the offer looked good, they had good points, they have like 70 players, and I'm a noob. oh well, they'll do okay until I can find a better alliance

DeletedUser5244

Hark, all those who can hear the sound of my marvelous and bellowing voice! The great world of Xi is a ripe field of battle for many, yet un-fought, wars of conquest. Powerful forces align themselves, vast armies are being amassed, and fleets numbering in the hundreds of thousands prepare to plunder the riches of others. Xi is a world full of untapped potential! However, as is the case in all things, there are those spoiling the fun.

I speak, of course, of MRAs, the bane of active worlds, and the bulwarks of stability and drudgery. These "alliances"- and I use that term as loosely as possible- believe themselves "successful" and "powerful" because they've managed to amass great numbers of players, and with them points. They think themselves safe because they hide behind their hordes of archers and pegasi. But these alliances, and the players who spearhead them are no stronger than a small, poorly fed mutt (like those obnoxious yippy ones that bite at your heels, so you kick them away, but they just keep popping back up and dear lord why do they exist?), and do nothing but stagnate the game by serving as boring and rather uninspired obstacles, offering little resistance when attacked, and being nigh impossible to rouse from their corpse-like state of immobility and assumed impotence.

This is why I have taken it upon myself to tear these MRAs down before they can take root in this wonderful world. To eliminate them in hopes of creating a place of epic tales and heroic feats of strength, instead of one where the greatest "feat" would be to find a top 10 alliance with less than 140 players. Towards this goal, I am declaring war against the Nights Watch and, once they've been dispatched, all other MRAs.

I am not in an alliance. I am not a top 100 player. However, I am effectively challenging 100+ players single handedly, because I'm confident that they cannot, will not, rise to my challenge.

So after a time, when you're wondering what ever happened to the Nights Watch, you will know they died out because of the fierceness they lacked, yet so sorely needed, the fire in their bellies that seemed more the after effect of bad meat than bloodlust, and their rather effeminate inability to grow facial hair. thisisgrepolis

Disclaimer: While this is going to be a world long venture, being one man against hundreds, it will take some time. I ask for no help and am quite happy to devote my presence in this world, from now until the wonders are all wrapped up, to destroying, disorganizing, or otherwise pestering MRAs. Patience, I'll be doing my best. If you support this cause, you can do your part simply by sacking or conquering the city of an MRA member. Every little bit counts.

This may not be the PnP that Xi needs to kick things off, but it's a far sight more than these empty forums deserve :p Get active people, this game is what you make it, and the forums can be half the fun, but I'm not sure how many people even know the external forums exist right now.

Dude you joined an MRA lol you are totally a Hippocrit.

DeletedUser

hi all, hows it going

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are MRA's all bad? Of course not. How else are you going to find those few decent players out there that are active, fun, and educated about the game? You join up in an MRA and you watch and learn. Then as things progress you move on to the better alliance with your best pals when the leaders of whatever you joined show themselves incapable of calculation, predatory towards decent players in their own alliance, or simply too inactive to lead. MRA's serve there purpose. Show me any top player that never joined an mra, if for any other reason than just to spy on them until they moved on.

*raises hand slowly, then realizes he isn't good*

DeletedUser

hi all, hows it going

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Show me any top player that never joined an mra, if for any other reason than just to spy on them until they moved on.

I've never joined MRAs. I guess even when I was a noob I instinctively knew that the idea of the MRA is kinda on the losing side. But if you mean top player on this server, then that's not me lol I don't play here.

No, MRAs aren't all bad. But to make an MRA work you need VERY active and experienced leaders coupled with several other experienced members to educate the newbies. And in 99.9% of the cases MRAs don't have any of that. Hence - down the drain they go.
Actually, if you wanna watch and learn - MRAs teach you what not to do. :D So, I guess that's also good to know.

DeletedUser39

In my opinion, there's a large difference between 'MRA' and 'Large size alliance'. MRA's blindly invite anyone, they don't care where these players are positioned, what their previous experience is, where they want to go this server, what their acitivity is - hence, they wouldn't even care if it was a dog playing the account instead of a human.

A Large size alliance is an alliance, that has about the same size MRA's have, but actually have educated and knowledgeable people at the steering wheel; they guide their members, and help out those that aren't as familiar with the game as those with more experience. However, those unwilling to learn, or those showing no interest, have no place in Large sized alliance; unlike MRA's, those that are kept up behind are removed from the alliance (most of the time) - unless it is something they have no control over.

Just to give an example; The Deadly Islands is a MRA. Futurus Sanguis is a large scaled alliance.

Of course I'm not boasting about my alliance, I'd never do that:p