Best Players of Alpha

DeletedUser

Since Alpha is coming to a close, I thought it would be fun to do a new thread. Who were people that you considered the best players of alpha...

I am gonna start... I am gonna give props to Theulmighty, probably my biggest adversary in Alpha. As much as we have battled, you never went away and always found a way to keep going and be a royal pain. Number one in total bp with almost 2 million is pretty impressive also.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
Cupdeez, he is an amazing defender, and fought LoT really well, yes he got support from us as well, but a lot of it was down to his own personal skill. For enemy players I would have to say IMBH, he has led Phoenix better than anyone else could've done, and he didn't give up on his players, when others would've.

DeletedUser

LoT took down Cupdeez once or twice,he just grew back far away from them and used bunches of gold.

DeletedUser406

LoT took down Cupdeez once or twice,he just grew back far away from them and used bunches of gold.

Idk how much credit I can give LoT since it was basically one guy fighting off an entire alliance. However, the same case could be argued about mighty. He was nearly defeated until he began turning over cities to LoT. I would also highly doubt that mighty doesn't use gold. It's not uncommon for big players to be heavy gold spenders. In any case both players demonstrated resiliency.

DeletedUser

-rep for draceus. This thread was meant to be positive not critical. I could say u are a garbage player with your 340k points but yet you only have 63k bp. SO lets stick to best players on alpha and leave everyone with good thoughts, not the usual forum trash. Besides do u even have a pick or were u too busy simming away to even notice who did what?

DeletedUser

I have had RL problems throught this past year,so don't tell me i'm a sim player.I have things to do in my life.I am in college and don't have time for this every second of the day.If u r going to minus rep someone then get your facts straight.

DeletedUser723

-Fairwinds92-
In my opinion, she is the reason Helghast lived through their dark days. Where most of the top defenders got their dbp from protecting themselves from constant attacks, FW got her dbp by defending others. Which means, her real dbp would be at least double what it is now if it weren't shared with the city owners (crazy, right?). I was also lucky enough to see that she had what it took offensively as well, and thankfully that side of her didn't come out until after we became allies. My hat is off to you, Fairwinds.

DeletedUser

I have had RL problems throught this past year,so don't tell me i'm a sim player.I have things to do in my life.I am in college and don't have time for this every second of the day.If u r going to minus rep someone then get your facts straight.

U have 546 posts on here since october. That is more then 1 per day. I have 87. Maybe if u spent more time playing then posting? Anyway back to Best players in alpha. If u want I can make another thread about the kings of excuses where I can name u!

DeletedUser723

This is a chance for Alpha players to show respect to both their allies and adversaries. If you didn't notice, the topic says:
"Best Players of Alpha"
It doesn't say, "Disprove others opinions".

-rep for you sir, and get back on topic. Thanks.

DeletedUser

U have 546 posts on here since october. That is more then 1 per day. I have 87. Maybe if u spent more time playing then posting? Anyway back to Best players in alpha. If u want I can make another thread about the kings of excuses where I can name u!

That doesn't mean i'm on here everyday,that means when I have time I like to let loose and share a laugh with some people on here.I have had about 50 posts in this past week.I have gained 30,000 points this week not to mention.I can multi task unlike your 88 posts.Let me ask u a question.Have u ever used gold in alpha?I bet u have,i haven't used a cent on alpha.

The player I would pick would most likely be,ladytaralynn.She fought here way back against us(LoT).She has become stronger over time and it made her a harder target.She has been a personal representation of "never quit".She has also fought here way back with her RL problems.My hat is tipped to her.

DeletedUser

That doesn't mean i'm on here everyday,that means when I have time I like to let loose and share a laugh with some people on here.I have had about 50 posts in this past week.I have gained 30,000 points this week not to mention.I can multi task unlike your 88 posts.Let me ask u a question.Have u ever used gold in alpha?I bet u have,i haven't used a cent on alpha.

The player I would pick would most likely be,ladytaralynn.She fought here way back against us(LoT).She has become stronger over time and it made her a harder target.She has been a personal representation of "never quit".She has also fought here way back with her RL problems.My hat is tipped to her.

Interesting choice... I do have to clarify that Tara is the best player at manipulating others as well as making up lies because all that real life stuff she said never happened. She Made up the car accident, brain surgery and all that to get attention from people and have others feel bad for her. In the same respect, many of us fell for it which sort of proves as her being the best manipulator on alpha. She is also hands down the best liar on the server. But at the end of the day she is cranking which makes her resilient... She also has been allies or almost a piece of all three of the big alliances on the server. Sadly her secret was exposed when many in lot tried to send her get well flowers. Props to Lot for being Human and having some compassion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Ugh...make that stuff up? Interesting, too bad that was before my time haha

DeletedUser

What about her heartbreak with CrazyLuke(her boyfriend that broke up with her).That one was the most believable of all.I didn't even know they were lies.Thanks for the heads up.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
Anywho, another player I really like is shadow262, he may not be the best player in the world, but he sure as hell tries his hardest. TBH, I don't care if you have the most points, or BP, if you can't be asked to use your points, BP, or nukes, then you might as well not be here.

DeletedUser3981

LordMatt246 you have my respect because you never complained no matter how many times and and martin attacked you. Your a good sport

DeletedUser912

-Fairwinds92-
In my opinion, she is the reason Helghast lived through their dark days. Where most of the top defenders got their dbp from protecting themselves from constant attacks, FW got her dbp by defending others. Which means, her real dbp would be at least double what it is now if it weren't shared with the city owners (crazy, right?). I was also lucky enough to see that she had what it took offensively as well, and thankfully that side of her didn't come out until after we became allies. My hat is off to you, Fairwinds.

Well said Athanasios!

I second the nomination! Phoenix wouldn't be what it is without her... hell... many of us wouldn't have even joined this world without her. Much less stayed.

Special Mention also goes to Boulderdash... though he only attacked me once.. he took a city from me with some of the best timing I've ever seen in my grepolis playing life.

-Jack

DeletedUser

Best Sniper: Cupdeez
Only managed to take one city from him....He used a lot of gold...by his own admission (one of my attempts) but if it didnt come down to the wall...it could have been sniped anyways due to that skill...

Best overall defender given player size: Darl........I know he quit but he was tough.....we were generally around the same size. Tried a few times but he was the only player that was either the same size that I was (or smaller)...who managed to not let me take a city.

I generally attacked people who were much much larger than I was. Those who were not larger than I was usually fell....outside of the two mentioned above.

Out of the players much larger than I am...Lee Daniel stands out...but I have to mention the differences between the two Lee Daniels. There is the original Lee.....and the more recent one...The original was slightly better at defense while the current one relies on gold (not entirely though, It would be hard even without gold....just a difference between the usage)...Lee number 2 is able to do things that seem impossible..I honestly have no idea how he can do what he does with his wall...even with gold...must be something that I do not know...

There are players much larger than I....who are also good at defense but one can only do but so much offensively against a player who is 2 to 3 times larger than myself ( kjcrunner2323, Id like to do battle on equal size)........

Cant really talk about an attacker.....TA and AC have avoided me for the most part....probably due to my importance (i have little :p) (even with my attack ranking).....Last person to seriously attack me was Enkil back in oct before I joined lot/iam..

Sigh...Ill never be mentioned here lol Im just a second post nobody.

DeletedUser

I wonder what I could do now. Took me 3 months to figure out what I was doing........I was a horrible player for months.....I started late compared to some.....I didnt know what I was doing for months and months....