What is everyone up to?

DeletedUser

There is no other threads in this section and it is kinda scary. I think this world is going to be interesting, but I am unsure about any of the alliances. I wanted to ride solo for a week, but I kept getting invited by everyone, so I joined The Black Hand, but I just left because I have a feeling they will turn out into a MRA. Anybody know any good alliances to look into. I am in the corner of ocean 55, right next to 45 and 44.

DeletedUser39

I think the majority of the players is just simming away; and so am I! Who needs troops if you have points, right?

You will see most of the alliances that are now on top by recruiting a large ammount of members without actually knowing them - MRA'S - fall appart the second BP goes off and conquests of their cities begin. Up untill then, it looks kind of funny, but not very promising. It's the usual way things go in the first few days of a server - it will flatten down a bit after a few weeks into the server.

As for an alliance, I think you'd best look around for the somewhat smaller alliances - smaller doesn't necessarily mean 'worse'; sometimes it means a more cohesive group of players, which will achieve more than a gigantic bulge of players that haven't a clue who their neighbour is.

DeletedUser

The Black Hand have already turned into an MRA, 1 day into the server they have an academy. lol

DeletedUser

^^^ Yeah, appearantly the founder doesn't understand the concept of kicking out useless people, and thanks for the tips Acupuncture.

DeletedUser

I think the majority of the players is just simming away; and so am I! Who needs troops if you have points, right?

You will see most of the alliances that are now on top by recruiting a large ammount of members without actually knowing them - MRA'S - fall appart the second BP goes off and conquests of their cities begin. Up untill then, it looks kind of funny, but not very promising. It's the usual way things go in the first few days of a server - it will flatten down a bit after a few weeks into the server.

As for an alliance, I think you'd best look around for the somewhat smaller alliances - smaller doesn't necessarily mean 'worse'; sometimes it means a more cohesive group of players, which will achieve more than a gigantic bulge of players that haven't a clue who their neighbour is.

Of course, points are the most important thing. Troops only get in the way. :D

DeletedUser3002

And where are the experienced players going? I see very few alliances that I like

DeletedUser3002

I'm just joking. I do not, however, see a lot of names I recognize. Maybe they will be later comers to this world

DeletedUser

I keep getting harassed by members of "The Rebellion" to join their alliance. It is quite funny...

DeletedUser39

I keep getting harassed by members of "The Rebellion" to join their alliance. It is quite funny...

Sadly, not everyone on planet earth knows that 'No' means 'No'. They're convinced that somehow, your 'No' can be shaped and twisted into a 'Yes'.

I'd just block or ignore the messages if I were you.

DeletedUser2039

If any alliance is really bugging you to join, they're usually pretty afraid of you. Take it as a compliment and go get 'em with some late night sneak attacks. :) Then you just need to message them and ask why you should join when they make such easy targets. ;) If you actually get your butt kicked, just join them and you're with a decent group! ~Win, win

DeletedUser39

What I'm up to;

2yn0bh2.png

And what about you guys?:)

DeletedUser

I've never been in a world this new before. Am I going to see a bunch of early attacks the second BP ends?

DeletedUser39

I've never been in a world this new before. Am I going to see a bunch of early attacks the second BP ends?

The second Beginner's Protection ends, attacks - and perhaps even conquests - will be launched right away (by those that are hungry for BP, that is). It's very common to see that in worlds with relatively long Beginner's Protection, as everyone's been able to build up his or her army in 'peace' up untill then.

DeletedUser

I thought so. One of the few reasons to join an early alliance, I suppose.

DeletedUser39

OMG :eek: You don't have diplomacy researched!?!?!?!? What a noob :mad:

Who needs diplomacy if you have forced loyalty?;)

I thought so. One of the few reasons to join an early alliance, I suppose.

Not quite. Most of the alliances just mass recruit everyone (so called MRA's), but offer very, very little help to their members once BP ends. 9 out of 10 times it's better to stick with a small, elite alliance than a massive chunk of people that don't even know the name of their fellow alliance members.

DeletedUser2569

That depends, if you're active enough the attacks on you is just free BP if you dodge and activate militia :)
That won't work if it's a conquest though.

Who needs diplomacy if you have forced loyalty?;)
Who need diplomacy even without forced loyalty? :p