Ocean 52

DeletedUser

O52? What's that?

It's definitely not BINGO!!!

Either I'm not being clear or you're being facetious.

The world is divided into oceans. The ocean in which the island I reside upon is numbered 52. I realize I'm new to this game, but I was able to figure that much out in the first day I played.

DeletedUser2687

Hi Fritz Stein. I think that what Tyler Boyd is trying to say is that the most important areas to control are in the core, consisting of O44, 45, 54, and 55. The players who joined the world first go into those oceans. Also, late in the game, big alliances generally expand that way. The oceans bordering those: 33, 34, 35, 36, 46, 56, 66, 65, 64, 63, 53, and 43 are know as expansion oceans. Players get seeded into those oceans if they come slightly later. Also, the major but not huge alliances mainly reside there in the endgame. All the other oceans, including 52, are known as the rim. Players only are there when they join late, their last city is taken, or if they expand outward, which is often unadvisable. Usually in those oceans smaller, inactive, and worse players are as a result. If I were you, I'd expand south, and try to find an O53 alliance.

DeletedUser

While I am new to this game, I am not new to this style of game. I was very successful in Tribal Wars way back on World 5 (if you are familiar with the game). However, I retired from the Navy and didn't have as much time to play, so I quit that game. So I know how the new players are planted on the perimeter the occupied area.

I fully intend to expand, but I was looking for an alliance to join so I knew which way to expand. It will obviously take me a little time before I am ready for such a move (I'm only on my second day in the game), but I am working hard to get to that point.

I am always open to advice and will support my alliance in any way I can. But I have to be in an alliance before I can support it.

DeletedUser2039

Yes, I was being sarcastic haha. I do like to have some fun as most of the externals turns to either hatred or anger:) As for expansion, travel to the middle, but keep your cities close. Control your area. That far out, you probably don't even need an alliance at this point. Just saying, but it is ultimately up to you.

DeletedUser

Figured it was the sarcastic thing. When I was on W5 in TW, I started out on the fringe and grew there. At one point, I had the most villages (and points) in one quadrant. I tended to stay on the "fringe" but was able to support tribe-mates in other areas. Eventually, all tribes ended up spreading to pretty much all of the quadrants.

Just wanted to be part of a successful alliance so I could pick a few pointers and perhaps provide support when the alliance spread to the fringe and I could have support moving towards the center.