New market rework and building/troop gold use.

DeletedUser3556

Hello everyone. I have played this game for 9 years. I have also used a lot of gold during those years. That said, I think the market and the way gold is used to build buildings and troops should be reworked, some new and some sort of old.

Years ago, the policy for buildings was x gold to reduce the building time by 50%. My suggestion is that you bring this back but slightly adjusted. Don't worry Innogames, this will not hurt your pockets.

-no instant build option any more. My suggestion is 50 gold to reduce the time of a building by 50%, with a caveat. Once you do this, you must wait 5 minutes to active the ability again.
-For troops, no instant buying of troops. Suggestion is that people can reduce their recruitment time 50% with 100 gold but only once every 30 minutes.

For the market rework. It will give people who spend less a chance to get gold off the market, but with a daily cap.
-Create a merchant troop. Costs 50 of each res for the first, and doubles in cost for each additional. they use 5 pop. 2 horses and a merchant to move a cart for the resources. You can have one merchant for each level of the market. Each island has access to the market in their ocean. People can spend resources as a group to increase the amount of res per hour the market replenishes for free. You can also Sell resources to the market for gold (same rate as current) but can not buy res off the market using gold. The merchant can carry 200 of each resource from the market at a time. When you sell res to market, you can earn 1000 gold a day. Once you reach this you may no longer sell to the market.

Finally, and not in the title, a new event that happens once a month for 2 days, or could be permanently active. It does not use gold. Instead, it is influenced by activity and completion of troops and buildings, not just queuing.
The idea. Whenever a troop finishes building, you get a shard to use in the shop for each population of the troop. Whenever a building is finished, you get a shard for the points gained. In the shop you can buy items that influence the yourself, the alliance, or even the server for a certain amount of time, like the global rewards in some events. Individual rewards are weaker and last less time, alliance are about the same, but require more shards to purchase, and each alliance member may spend shards to unlock them, with a daily shard cap per player. Global items are more potent, require more shards, and also have a cap that each individual player can add a day, making it so all players on the server put into them or at least most, in order to activate them. The global can also have gold spent to help finish, 500 gold per player and each gold is one shard.

DeletedUser3556

Feel free to pick apart, comment, or add suggestions to this. Thank you.

DeletedUser11020

Im failing to understand how this doesn't hurt their pockets? Like the idea, but it will never happen.

DeletedUser7205

Let's face it really. The gold market has really been bad for Grepolis players and Inno as well. It is just too easy to stack up piles of gold by joining every world then just gold trading until you have 50k or 150k or even (yes I saw this in Discord) a guy had 230k gold. Like most, he paid Inno for virtually none of it.

I would pay $20-$30 per month for a world with all advisors and a 500k gold cap (usage) per week. This concept would attract players that like to budget to play a great strategy game with others where skill and teamwork win not golding nuke after nuke at a player or golding up defense walls because of poor DLU defense.

It would also give Inno a steady stream of actual money rather than selling these gold promos. It would not be a big change in mechanics. Essentially these worlds would be subscription based and even playing field for all.

DeletedUser11020

500k might be a bit much, but I agree with that idea. subscription world would be dope, as long as there is no moral/night bonus

DeletedUser7205

oops lol yeah I meant just 500 gold that would accrue each month on the 1st of the month. Geeze. Bad typo there. Morale is a non issue IHMO so no issue losing that. Like it or not, people do have other things to do like sleep at night in the US so a night bonus is a way to keep people with jobs actually spending money on Grepolis.

DeletedUser11791

Hello everyone. I have played this game for 9 years. I have also used a lot of gold during those years. That said, I think the market and the way gold is used to build buildings and troops should be reworked, some new and some sort of old.

Years ago, the policy for buildings was x gold to reduce the building time by 50%. My suggestion is that you bring this back but slightly adjusted. Don't worry Innogames, this will not hurt your pockets.

-no instant build option any more. My suggestion is 50 gold to reduce the time of a building by 50%, with a caveat. Once you do this, you must wait 5 minutes to active the ability again.
-For troops, no instant buying of troops. Suggestion is that people can reduce their recruitment time 50% with 100 gold but only once every 30 minutes.

For the market rework. It will give people who spend less a chance to get gold off the market, but with a daily cap.
-Create a merchant troop. Costs 50 of each res for the first, and doubles in cost for each additional. they use 5 pop. 2 horses and a merchant to move a cart for the resources. You can have one merchant for each level of the market. Each island has access to the market in their ocean. People can spend resources as a group to increase the amount of res per hour the market replenishes for free. You can also Sell resources to the market for gold (same rate as current) but can not buy res off the market using gold. The merchant can carry 200 of each resource from the market at a time. When you sell res to market, you can earn 1000 gold a day. Once you reach this you may no longer sell to the market.

Finally, and not in the title, a new event that happens once a month for 2 days, or could be permanently active. It does not use gold. Instead, it is influenced by activity and completion of troops and buildings, not just queuing.
The idea. Whenever a troop finishes building, you get a shard to use in the shop for each population of the troop. Whenever a building is finished, you get a shard for the points gained. In the shop you can buy items that influence the yourself, the alliance, or even the server for a certain amount of time, like the global rewards in some events. Individual rewards are weaker and last less time, alliance are about the same, but require more shards to purchase, and each alliance member may spend shards to unlock them, with a daily shard cap per player. Global items are more potent, require more shards, and also have a cap that each individual player can add a day, making it so all players on the server put into them or at least most, in order to activate them. The global can also have gold spent to help finish, 500 gold per player and each gold is one shard.

I loved the old halving build time for 25G system, the Insta buy is too OP. And I know, because I exploited the absolute hell out of it when I felt the need. Love the rest of the ideas, but to be honest, the forums are dead. No one even reads these anymore except a handful of players (like us) and even if the devs did read these, they have their own development team for idea pitching. They don't care for the communities ideas.

Grepolis was an amazing game, now its a little sadder. Though I still enjoy it, and Hyperborea will probably outlast religion, it is dying a slow and painful death

DeletedUser3556

Im failing to understand how this doesn't hurt their pockets? Like the idea, but it will never happen.
In a way, it limits the amount of gold a player can get for free, and while it allows people to spend gold to speed things up and makes it more expensive to finish things that have long times to finish,, since no instant finish. You spend 50 gold 10 times to reduce a building, thats 500 gold instead of 150 to instant build it. People that don't buy will still get enough gold to be able to buy merchants. The amount of free gold a day is not set in stone, could say 200 gold a day max, etc. Wherever they feel it's reasonable for people to get gold without spending but also still encourage people to spend.

Aurabolt

Citizen
This should be in the ideas forum I think.

On topic, your ideas are a good start. Here's what I'd tweak:

• Have everyone start with 50 Gold to cut builds by 50% off the bat. Instant complete is gated behind having a cultural level of 3 or higher AND having the Merchant active.
  • I would have a flat rate of 25 Gold to reduce building/research time and 50 gold to reduce recruitment time.
  • I would also give reruitment Golding a 5 minute cooldown with a Debuff indicator that would stack up tp 7 times for a maximum of 37 minutes. This would apply to both barracks and harbors in all cities. This would add some strategy and force people not to rely on Golding too much moving forward.

That aside, monthly micro events would be great. Maybe Tyche's Wheel of Fortune? You get it twice a month for 3 days each time. Doing in-game actions give you the chance for more spins (maximum of 10 tries) and you can spend Gold for more spins.