Nikaia Relationship Counseling.

DeletedUser16108

Athenakins takes great care to cultivate a public image that makes her seem a certain way. Our common sense and life experience tells us that people who are overly-focused on how other people perceive them, tend to be insincere and have something to hide. I can assure you that she does not want most people in-game to know what she’s really like.
Agreed Mega. I doubt she wants the server to know that she is an excellent teammate who cares more about your RL than your current ability to contribute to the teams efforts. It would ruin her.

jdubbs

Citizen
are you daniel negreanu???

No but he wasn't that far away from me last time I was playing. He didn't play the Big 50 that I know of. I think he was playing the high roller the same time I was playing. I was sitting right next to the main stage for about half of day 2. I finished in the money last year. 28k players. I made 856th. That room has the main stage in the middle of the back wall and the tables kinda horseshoe around the stage. I was on the right side of the horse shoe and he was on the left side

Attachments

• 61729371_2232411540405509_3131335169454112768_n.jpg
    61729371_2232411540405509_3131335169454112768_n.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

jdubbs

Citizen
I took a picture of him when I saw him. I didn't wanna fan boy too much but you can see him in the back of this pic

Attachments

• 61432640_2206058536138595_4750251447331848192_o.jpg
    61432640_2206058536138595_4750251447331848192_o.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 14

DeletedUser16436

No but he wasn't that far away from me last time I was playing. He didn't play the Big 50 that I know of. I think he was playing the high roller the same time I was playing. I was sitting right next to the main stage for about half of day 2. I finished in the money last year. 28k players. I made 856th. That room has the main stage in the middle of the back wall and the tables kinda horseshoe around the stage. I was on the right side of the horse shoe and he was on the left side

Nice, congrats! And that’s cool, I’ve seen videos of him. Poker is interesting

DeletedUser3317

Pillars is in trouble. I wonder if their strategy of "turtle up to survive" will be enough to cross the finish line? There is still at least 3 more weeks of war. They are 0-25 against FF in the last 3 days. Heck, even Silence now has a winning record against them. Pillars is might need to hope the domination circle saves them if they keep bleeding cities like this for the next 3 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16436

Pillars is in trouble. I wonder if their strategy or turtle up to survive will be enough to cross the finish line. There is still at least 3 more weeks of war. They are 0-25 against FF in the last 3 days. Heck, even Silence now has a winning record against them now. Pillars is might need to hope the domination circle saves them if they keep bleeding cities like this for the next 3 weeks
Thanks Skrewball, very cool

DeletedUser7205

It has always been Pillars world to lose. They had an unbelievable lead and great leadership early in the game that inspired them to push into 44 and 54 early on while leaving weaker players and empty space behind them in 55 and 54. Tomorrow morning at 8 am CT we will see if the Dom Zone is favorable to that strategy by making a symmetrical ring starting at the center of the map. There is a much larger player base north of the mid line so it's possible the Dom Zone will be slightly more north of the equator which will favor FF. Silence will be a bunch of quitters as soon as they see they have about 2 to 3 % in the Dom Zone and won't be more than food. Same for Pillars II.

It has been an epic weekend of beatings handed out by us but rest assured, many of will be fully rebuilt on offense and ready to crack back down on yeah by Tuesday at the latest :)

DeletedUser16456

No matter what happens 2marow good luck Everyone were all in the endgame now

DeletedUser16436

It has always been Pillars world to lose. They had an unbelievable lead and great leadership early in the game that inspired them to push into 44 and 54 early on while leaving weaker players and empty space behind them in 55 and 54. Tomorrow morning at 8 am CT we will see if the Dom Zone is favorable to that strategy by making a symmetrical ring starting at the center of the map. There is a much larger player base north of the mid line so it's possible the Dom Zone will be slightly more north of the equator which will favor FF. Silence will be a bunch of quitters as soon as they see they have about 2 to 3 % in the Dom Zone and won't be more than food. Same for Pillars II.

It has been an epic weekend of beatings handed out by us but rest assured, many of will be fully rebuilt on offense and ready to crack back down on yeah by Tuesday at the latest :)

Good luck to all

With the possibility of a merger, we were never that far ahead

DeletedUser16462

The war count between DW(prior to merge obviously) and Pillars was 57-18. War count between DW and P2 was 85-2. Putting the total war count 142-20. Does that stat make the pillars family a sink???

Otherwise, all I read here in the externals are ....BLAH BLAH BLAH... IM A KEYBOARD WARRIOR.
as for the 85 towns p2 lost to DW, I'll take credit for about 30 of them. Didnt want to jinx it but was pretty sure they wouldnt count; turns out only 3 of those 30 are on dom islands. just sayin

DeletedUser16448

It has always been Pillars world to lose. They had an unbelievable lead and great leadership early in the game that inspired them to push into 44 and 54 early on while leaving weaker players and empty space behind them in 55 and 54. Tomorrow morning at 8 am CT we will see if the Dom Zone is favorable to that strategy by making a symmetrical ring starting at the center of the map.

And the answer is that the strategy was correct. It's got to be something of a blow to have worked so hard and finally passed Pillars in cities and points, only to have the map put FF at such an endgame disadvantage.

DeletedUser10233

And the answer is that the strategy was correct. It's got to be something of a blow to have worked so hard and finally passed Pillars in cities and points, only to have the map put FF at such an endgame disadvantage.

Eh, for some it may be. Really a learning stage for most of us. I know on my end and for a lot of the DW players, Dom is new. We got the confidence in our fighting skills but we didn't fully know what to expect from the Dom circle. At least I know I didn't. I'm sure most would agree with my point of view on it, I just enjoy the fight. There is still a fight to be had and to whoever wins, Great job.

DeletedUser16448

Eh, for some it may be. Really a learning stage for most of us. I know on my end and for a lot of the DW players, Dom is new. We got the confidence in our fighting skills but we didn't fully know what to expect from the Dom circle. At least I know I didn't. I'm sure most would agree with my point of view on it, I just enjoy the fight. There is still a fight to be had and to whoever wins, Great job.

Your folks put together some good ops, but you were punching up the whole game. Dom circle is smaller than we expected it to be, but that gave Pillars an advantage because we focused from the beginning on building outward from the center, and pushing into the northern half of the map so that you had targets getting under your skin in 44 and 54. The point was to keep you from attacking into the south, and for the most part that was successful for us.

The numbers tell me that while it's possible for FF to win, it's pretty unlikely at this point. But possible - that's why we play it out ;)

DeletedUser3317

Your folks put together some good ops, but you were punching up the whole game. Dom circle is smaller than we expected it to be, but that gave Pillars an advantage because we focused from the beginning on building outward from the center, and pushing into the northern half of the map so that you had targets getting under your skin in 44 and 54. The point was to keep you from attacking into the south, and for the most part that was successful for us.

The numbers tell me that while it's possible for FF to win, it's pretty unlikely at this point. But possible - that's why we play it out ;)

This was a very laid back world. Not much conflict really at all. I have played for a long time. I dont recall a world being so peaceful. And based on numbers it was not about war, it was about simming & colonizing to win the world. 3-4 months in which was around the time I joined, we had the top alliance already turtling up and relying on being a MRA tactics. It is hard to beat MRAs on US servers because the worlds are so small, but to see top alliances avoid conflict with other large alliances made this world very peaceful pretty lame. This was my 3rd dom and this was by far the most quiet. You could not get anyone to fight you really. Either way we lost and pillars did win. But I can say this turned me off to dom. I will go back to WW or take a break for a while. I think the only time I was attacked was in I first joined by Mountain62. He tried to take a city, failed and the next thing I know he quit the world. It is not a fighting world when you have half your cities along the border of an enemy alliance that is ranked #1 and only get attacked once.

Congrats to Pillars, they won the world. I hope this is no longer the strategy for dom though. If it is, I will go back to WW. Dom has become way too peaceful.

DeletedUser16448

And based on numbers it was not about war, it was about simming & colonizing to win the world.It is not a fighting world when you have half your cities along the border of an enemy alliance that is ranked #1 and only get attacked once.

I hope this is no longer the strategy for dom though. If it is, I will go back to WW.

As long as Grepolis favors defense on bp ratios, it only makes sense for an alliance with a lot of cities to play defense. Pillars started super aggressive - pretty much wiped out Squished Enterprises (unfortunate name predicted their demise), Warriors, Kaliedathroat (became Silence in a whole nother ocean), and a few others. And of course, was NAPed with DW for a couple of months. Then Pillars lost 4 of their top 5 offensive players, which accelerated the shift to defense. I thought it would take a month or so longer for defense mode to kick in, but losing the hitters made the shift happen naturally.

Jerry West made a comment about basketball that kind of applies here - the great shooters don't take the hardest shots, they make the most easy ones.

DeletedUser3317

As long as Grepolis favors defense on bp ratios, it only makes sense for an alliance with a lot of cities to play defense. Pillars started super aggressive - pretty much wiped out Squished Enterprises (unfortunate name predicted their demise), Warriors, Kaliedathroat (became Silence in a whole nother ocean), and a few others. And of course, was NAPed with DW for a couple of months. Then Pillars lost 4 of their top 5 offensive players, which accelerated the shift to defense. I thought it would take a month or so longer for defense mode to kick in, but losing the hitters made the shift happen naturally.

Jerry West made a comment about basketball that kind of applies here - the great shooters don't take the hardest shots, they make the most easy ones.

I agree, the game does favor simming players and defensive players. Which is probably why so many offensive players leave. I cam well after SE. I understand why you guys turtled up. It just makes for a lame game. If you playing sim city is your thing then Dom is for you. All you have to do is recruit everyone, play defense against the top alliance and just colonize the heck out of the world and eat your internals.

Dont get me wrong, you guys are aggressive against smaller alliances. You dominated them. But that was it. Your DBP was astronomical for this world. You only had 9 million ABP as an alliance. Heck, FF got almost 3 million in around 3 weeks. That should tell you how lame and slow this world was. It just makes dom look bad. You can win a world without actually fighting anyone. Pick on smaller alliances then recruit their players to canibalize later. It works. But then again, that could be way dom worlds are shrinking so fast. Not many people including members in your own alliance feel good about winning this world and are playing other worlds. Then knew they could just sim along. It is not like anyone was fighting or anything. It was sim and send defense, then eat an internal (MRA style) or colonize. Rinse and repeat.

You guys won fair and square. It was just lame and boring. Which is why dom is dying the slow death. Dom is boring.

DeletedUser16436

I agree, the game does favor simming players and defensive players. Which is probably why so many offensive players leave. I cam well after SE. I understand why you guys turtled up. It just makes for a lame game. If you playing sim city is your thing then Dom is for you. All you have to do is recruit everyone, play defense against the top alliance and just colonize the heck out of the world and eat your internals.

Dont get me wrong, you guys are aggressive against smaller alliances. You dominated them. But that was it. Your DBP was astronomical for this world. You only had 9 million ABP as an alliance. Heck, FF got almost 3 million in around 3 weeks. That should tell you how lame and slow this world was. It just makes dom look bad. You can win a world without actually fighting anyone. Pick on smaller alliances then recruit their players to canibalize later. It works. But then again, that could be way dom worlds are shrinking so fast. Not many people including members in your own alliance feel good about winning this world and are playing other worlds. Then knew they could just sim along. It is not like anyone was fighting or anything. It was sim and send defense, then eat an internal (MRA style) or colonize. Rinse and repeat.

You guys won fair and square. It was just lame and boring. Which is why dom is dying the slow death. Dom is boring.
Was fun for us :(