Gold Exchange Feedback Thread

DeletedUser15986

I see no purpose to this new ploy making it necessary for players to buy gold and decrease the availability of trading for it. Of course the innocent explanation is that it will reduce the amount of players using gold in the game, but how does that occur as those players usually buy gold anyway. What will happen now, is more and more passive players will leave the game.

The game is too long in time frame to be interesting much past the second or third month and at least gold trading made it useful to stay longer. Now, I perceive players becoming disinterested earlier.

DeletedUser15986

Seems to be a throw back to offering more resources for the same "x" amount of gold. This was by-passed by players offering resources on the side.

Second point is you do not know from whom you are buying or selling and you could be assisting an enemy alliance and not assisting your own alliance.
This is problematic as your counter party is always the gold exchange and not a person.

0:06:23
Gold Exchange

0:06:23
Gold Exchange

0:06:33
Gold Exchange

0:06:33
Gold Exchange

DeletedUser2654

I can't even trade gold anymore, is their even a point of playing?

DeletedUser15986

This gold exchange is ludicrous. I give up 2500 minimum in resources to get 50 gold and on the flip side I buy usually less then 2000 for 50 gold

DeletedUser10953

It's not an improvement. But talking about it in these forums won't change anything. Inno will do whatever they please regardless of how much we dislike the changes. The only way they will listen is to find another game to play but sadly there really isn't another like this where you can take a city that belongs to someone else by force. At least that I know of.

DeletedUser2654

Ok I have to admit, once the max starts rising its not too bad.

DeletedUser1048

Only problem is this was presented as a way to get gold through the life of a server. The max won't even rise on dead worlds because no one buys resources. So it really changed nothing in that regard. All it did was segment the market in new worlds and put a cap on what you could make. Which if that was the objective fine whatever, but that definitely wasn't the way it was sold to the community.

DeletedUser16358

Only problem is this was presented as a way to get gold through the life of a server. The max won't even rise on dead worlds because no one buys resources. So it really changed nothing in that regard. All it did was segment the market in new worlds and put a cap on what you could make. Which if that was the objective fine whatever, but that definitely wasn't the way it was sold to the community.
There does seem to be a trickle of gold even from "dead" worlds. The exchanges in US70 which is currently waiting for the closing countdown ( come on mods it is 5 days now since below 300) have increased slightly. I have taken 25 gold this just now from ocean 66 which only has 13 players in it and players are definitely not buying resources here .

DeletedUser1048

Oh great, even better. So it might just be that nothing works right on Katane. Point requirement for wonders doesn't go down and the maximum is still at 20k per resource
smiley_emoticons_neutral_new.gif

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure, but it seems this new gold exchange system doesn't really fix any problems. The players who used to depend on it to acquire gold for advisors or basics are just plain out of luck. The big golders most likely didn't depend on gold trading to get their gold in the first place.

It seems the gap just got wider.

DeletedUser1048

Yeah I fail to see how this was meant to help the non-spending grepo player. Could get 40k gold a world under the old system. Can't get nowhere near as much now, with the exchange limit and the market being divided by ocean. Plus the exchange limit seems to almost always be full. Please end this, I need gold
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif