Update 2.176 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser1162

The description for the new hero:
Effect: When Perseus fights against all mythical units, their attacking and defensive values are decreased by 5%

Does "fights against all mythical units" mean the decrease works no matter what type of myth attacks (harpy, griffin etc), or does it mean it has to be a 'myth only' attack?
So if the latter if the attack is a mix of myths and regular troops then there is no decrease in attack value?
If the former then it should say "fights against *any* mythical units"

Understand what I'm asking?

DeletedUser11525

Other than prepping for the next event, this is another non-update.

Adding a timer to the end game that in theory is being phased out doesn't seem like a great use of developer time.

How about moving the game forward with making stone hail selectable. Or any of the other improvements that have been discussed here.

Or dig into something really meaty: occasionally, if a cities population is fully used, and you lose a wall level, the population freed is not sufficient to rebuild the level that was just lost. Sounds like very basic programming type casting errors. I reported it years ago, and the response was at best a shrug.

Or have the unit counts on the right side of the window update as they are completed, instead of them showing up only when you enter the barracks/harbor.

Or adding quests that allow/use various naval units.

Or being really silly, when quests call for some number of units/resources, actually update the counts as units assigned.

So many things that could be done to help the game, but none of them being done.

DeletedUser7205

The most helpful thing that could be added in an upcoming improvement IMHO would be to add a button to "recall all empty transports". It's disappointing this has never been added. Essentially when you are supporting or are being supported by DLU at a city under attack, you currently have to guess and pull 10, 5, then 3 then 1 transports to simply get the transports that are able to be recalled. Sure you can do the math if you want to break out a calculator but sometimes it is only seconds until the next attack which leaves your transports in the harbor while you calculate and guess how many are empty resulting in loss of transports that could have been pulled if there was a reward for being active and online during attacks such as "recall all empty transports". Also for the player being attacked there is no way for them to send back empty transports. This stinks as well. Why can't they send back empty transports with a button called "send back empty transports" from their city under attack?

DeletedUser11525

The most helpful thing that could be added in an upcoming improvement IMHO would be to add a button to "recall all empty transports". It's disappointing this has never been added. Essentially when you are supporting or are being supported by DLU at a city under attack, you currently have to guess and pull 10, 5, then 3 then 1 transports to simply get the transports that are able to be recalled. Sure you can do the math if you want to break out a calculator but sometimes it is only seconds until the next attack which leaves your transports in the harbor while you calculate and guess how many are empty resulting in loss of transports that could have been pulled if there was a reward for being active and online during attacks such as "recall all empty transports". Also for the player being attacked there is no way for them to send back empty transports. This stinks as well. Why can't they send back empty transports with a button called "send back empty transports" from their city under attack?
Sounds like a benefit that could be added to either the Commander or Captain. Why give away something useful like that?

DeletedUser7205

I use all the advisers so that was kind of a given. Apologies for not being more clear. Yes these should be options for those with Commander or Captain (whatever Inno thinks).

DeletedUser4460

it's lovely idea to pull empty transport ships with a single click - I haven't seen it posted on any other forums - hopefully @Ryvirath will put it forward to Devs

DeletedUser1162

I also like the idea of being able to return empty transports easier than now, I'll go one step further. How about empty transports return automatically? They have no off/def value so there is no need to keep them in the enemy harbor.

DeletedUser11525

I also like the idea of being able to return empty transports easier than now, I'll go one step further. How about empty transports return automatically? They have no off/def value so there is no need to keep them in the enemy harbor.
I'm sure some bot writer is adding this now.

How would you determine how many to return? If I over send transports to get them out of my harbor, would the extra automatically be sent home? Or would the check only be triggered after an attack, although I would still argue there are times I don't want them automatically sent home.

There are many things you could say should be done automatically, but they are just part of the game.

Having the harbor owner be able to send back partial support would help address this, especially either with a button to do it, or at least an indicator of how many transports are needed for the units present.

I'd like to see the Farming Village Overview revamped to allow a single button to farm all villages, instead of needing to walk through each city. I'm sure we can figure out how to handle multiple cities on the same island, and resource overflow.