[Discussion] Battle Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser4460
  • Start date

DeletedUser4460

Please post here suggestions in any Battle Point related topic and share your feedback about the Planned Changes / Community Suggestions!

Mile steps in the Battle Point system:

Introduction of Divine Senses. (random premium offer only available for few players but up to ~20 boosts could be purchased)

Heightened and Divine senses were stackable - fixed.

Daily Rewards change - Attacker, Defender, Supporter of the Day rewards are based now on Battle Points and not on killed units.

Some events offer free Divine Senses.

Battle Point Villages and Bandit's Camp

Loyalty gift (free War Package - including Divine Senses - were offered for experienced players: the older the account the bigger the gift was)

Battle point calculations for both defending and attacking were adjusted to make attacks on friendly units less attractive to farm battle points. (20% Battle Points when attacking team and pact mates.)

New event alliance bonus: The cost and duration of construction of Colony ships is reduced by 25% for 7 days.

Planned changes:

Battle Point cool-down when switching alliance.*

Battle Point related Community Suggestions:

Fighter rankings based on the number of killed units and not on Battle Points (exclude the effect of Senses from Rankings)

Reduce the Colony Ship population (building CS and exchange BP with mates is more affordable in time & costs than festivals also generates extra BP that reflects in rankings and helps with Battle Point Villages)

Change Battle Point calculation of Naval and Land Battles - disable leach (defending naval units would not get Battle Points after the killed land units, defending land units would not get Battle Points after the killed naval units)

* this information was posted on another market by a community manager

The concept itself is a good idea, however that makes internals a pain because now you can't boot them and take their cities with full BP, so it's less attractive to your alliance but still the same for your enemies.

DeletedUser4460

The concept itself is a good idea, however that makes internals a pain because now you can't boot them and take their cities with full BP, so it's less attractive to your alliance but still the same for your enemies.

The cooldown would affect all members of the alliance, inactives too.
Infact this cooldown would force alliances to keep their inactives inside and clear them by the lower 20% BP. Kicked players would be more vulnerable to opponents as long as the cooldown effect is on them, so they wouldn’t be kicked. Traitors would get time to handoff cities to opponents and snipe revenge CSs by 20% BP during cooldown.

Selectron

Citizen

I agree, the cool-down concept is a good idea. Leaving and returning to your alliance to get full BPs is silly and exploits the rules. That looks like BP cheating and should carry some penalty. Inactives, kicked players and traitors are an internal alliance issue and should not be the basis for any Grepolis rule.

It makes sense to lose BPs for attacking your own units or your alliance units, but it doesn’t make sense to lose BPs for defending alliance members against enemies. Maybe that part should be changed.

DeletedUser4460

I agree, the cool-down concept is a good idea. Leaving and returning to your alliance to get full BPs is silly and exploits the rules. That looks like BP cheating and should carry some penalty. Inactives, kicked players and traitors are an internal alliance issue and should not be the basis for any Grepolis rule.

It makes sense to lose BPs for attacking your own units or your alliance units, but it doesn’t make sense to lose BPs for defending alliance members against enemies. Maybe that part should be changed.

I can agree with the first part almost entirely, just worried this change alone is a small step until other loopholes are not fixed.

There is no such BP loss (a multiplier) when you defend your team-mates against opponents only if the attacks were from a friendly player.

Do you refer to BP leach?
The BP share of supporting units is based on the total support population even if there were no losses - naval units get BP after land battles / land units after naval battles.

Selectron

Citizen
I can agree with the first part almost entirely, just worried this change alone is a small step until other loopholes are not fixed.

There is no such BP loss (a multiplier) when you defend your team-mates against opponents only if the attacks were from a friendly player.

Do you refer to BP leach?
The BP share of supporting units is based on the total support population even if there were no losses - naval units get BP after land battles / land units after naval battles.
I couldn't find the exact BP changes, I was going by the discussion in the Dev Blog.

Attacking alliance/pact members
Attacking/Defending alliance member units generates 20% of the total battle points.

(It would help to see the exact wording from the Changelog about the 20% BP reduction and the proposed changes for the cool-down, so we are all on the same page.)

I didn't realize there was no BP loss for defending alliance members. I thought full BPs were only during sieges. Why are players leaving/returning to their alliance so often then?

Players are leaving their alliance so they can either hit someone in it for full BP, or get hit for full BP. If player A kills player B's units and both are in the same alliance, then player A gets 20% of the BP they should.

DeletedUser15357

TBH, this whole "20% BP" thing is ridiculous. The number of players who "attacked their teammates for BP" were few and far between in the first place and this has only caused more problems. It needs to go back to how it originally was. Since this change has happened, BP to unit kill ratios aren't even remotely correct. Even when it's literally you vs the enemy and neither person gets support. This has been a disaster from the start and it's only causing more gold abuse as a mean to get around the now lack of BP. Internals are shot now and I have no clue why alliances are being penalized for someone going inactive? Like, it's not as if there's a sign above their heads as they join a team "Hey I'll go MIA/IA on 6/7/18".

It's as if Grepo is trying to take away everything that makes Grepo, Grepo and turn it into a truly pay to play game. We're already WELL on our way to being a pay to win game. Thank God there's still some vets with brains who can put these incompetent players who mass gold into the dust still without any or much golding at all. But the time is coming sadly.

DeletedUser4460

I couldn't find the exact BP changes, I was going by the discussion in the Dev Blog.

Attacking alliance/pact members
Attacking/Defending alliance member units generates 20% of the total battle points.

(It would help to see the exact wording from the Changelog about the 20% BP reduction and the proposed changes for the cool-down, so we are all on the same page.)

I didn't realize there was no BP loss for defending alliance members. I thought full BPs were only during sieges. Why are players leaving/returning to their alliance so often then?

This was the changelog:
https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/browser-changelog-2-160.11951/
https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/browser-changelog-2-160.11951/
In the new BP calculations always the origin of the units matter.
If you hit a friendly player's unit in an enemy city, you will still get only 20% BP.
If you defend an enemy city (for example to leech BP during a siegebreak) and the attacks were from friendly players you will get 20% DBP.

If you hit mixed enemy & friendly units (for example in an inactive player's city) your BP will be calculated from the losses of enemy units (100%) and losses of friendly units (20%).

DeletedUser9037

Sure wish the cool down would be enacted soon in the worlds, watching people leave their groups daily to pad their bp instead of actually fighting has made them the laughing joke of the world.