Ryvirath - US Community Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Hi Grepolis community! My name is Ryvirath and I am the new Community Manager for this region.

I am super excited to meet everyone in this great community!

I'm sure some of you have already noticed me joining a little bit ago, and I had an announcement post I had to do first, so this introduction is a bit late, but better late than never right? :)

Just a bit about myself.... I am from Toronto, Ontario. I've previously worked on a number of strategy and card
games in a Game Design and Community Management nature.
My passion is building communities and interacting with them and making them as big and enjoyable as possible.
Outside of Grepolis, I enjoy gaming, anime, and hiking as well as cooking.

In regards to Grepolis, I am here to serve you and to continue providing an excellent user experience.
So to do that I need your help! I've already been poking around in the forums, but I'd love to hear more
from everyone about what you love about Grepolis, what you'd like to see improved, or hey just what your favorite music is.

I am very much looking forward to interacting with everyone in this awesome community.
Do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions, concerns, ideas or just a friendly chat :)

As a side note applications for the Forum and In-Game Moderation team are now both open again! Please feel free to apply if you feel you'd be a good fit.

-Ryvirath

DeletedUser1048

Welcome Ryvirath, best of luck in your position :)

What's your favorite dish to cook?

Biggest pet peeve about this game is the frequency and length of ingame events. They really disrupt the balance of the game. Other than that I'd say the play council section does a good job of showing our views on some issues. Love the people here and wish the forum activity was as good as it used to be. Favorite music, well I'll give you an artist...Post Malone :cool:

PS: Should've found a way to plug your twitch channel :D

DeletedUser4460

Welcome Ryvirath,

I really like your approach and all the good news in this first post.
Grepolis is more than a hobby for many of us, a place to spend time with friends and challenge our strategical skills, this game can provide all that, but can be frustrating at times when the user experience doesn't reach a certain level yet the game requires too much dedication at the expense of RL. We have recently lost many players and need to rebuild trust in support team..., so if your passion is building communities this is the right job and right time to be here - the more interaction and caring these peeps get the more respect and higher level of cooperation you will receive in return.

Good luck and hope the recruitment goes well!

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Welcome!! Hope you won't be too harsh on us :D :D :D
Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to be gentle ;)

Welcome Ryvirath, best of luck in your position :)

What's your favorite dish to cook?

Biggest pet peeve about this game is the frequency and length of ingame events. They really disrupt the balance of the game. Other than that I'd say the play council section does a good job of showing our views on some issues. Love the people here and wish the forum activity was as good as it used to be. Favorite music, well I'll give you an artist...Post Malone :cool:

PS: Should've found a way to plug your twitch channel :D

My favorite dish to cook is probably grilled chicken with salad, simple but delicious :)

The council definitely does an awesome job, looking forward to talking/working with them alot more.

Welcome Ryvirath,

I really like your approach and all the good news in this first post.
Grepolis is more than a hobby for many of us, a place to spend time with friends and challenge our strategical skills, this game can provide all that, but can be frustrating at times when the user experience doesn't reach a certain level yet the game requires too much dedication at the expense of RL. We have recently lost many players and need to rebuild trust in support team..., so if your passion is building communities this is the right job and right time to be here - the more interaction and caring these peeps get the more respect and higher level of cooperation you will receive in return.

Good luck and hope the recruitment goes well!

Appreciate the kind words, I definitely can understand how it is more than a hobby for most, which is what I find makes Grepolis so cool, there is a ton of impassioned players.
I hope that I can rebuild that trust in the support team, I'm sure it won't happen instantly but one day at a time :)

DeletedUser15357

Welcome Ry!

I'm glad to see this happening as we all have been in desperate need for a new COMA. I look forward to seeing what you got and helping us make this game better, the rules more fair, standardized terms (no - "matter of perspective"), and holding everyone accountable. As you stated, you've poked around the forums. I'm sure in time you'll see that I've been harsh on some. I've run multi-million dollar stores (retail) and companies. Everywhere I go, so does the money, and employee morale and engagement greatly increases. But I have little time for laziness and poorness of character (and little tolerance). Especially when excuses are made and they refuse to be held accountable.. Which is why I've been harsh on those I have. I'd LOVE to help you in any way possible with ideas, feedback, etc to get things continued in the right direction, and in a positive and better way. I've been playing this game 8 years myself and have won a few times myself.

I tried quitting for a while but found myself back. I guess I like the game because I enjoy helping people grow. Both in game, and personally. But also, it's a fun war aspect and you do meet some really great people in both mind and character. Plus, it's always fun wrecking people who wanna talk big and bad :) hehe

Anyways, best of luck and feel free to reach out at any time!

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Thanks Sunvaar for the welcome :)

Speaking to what you mentioned, if ANYONE has ideas, or comments, feedback, etc, please let me know.
Pm me, or tag me or shoot me over a carrier pigeon haha, I just want to hear from you guys in any way I can.

DeletedUser10254

i suggest getting rid of night bonus and morale.. then maybe us wouldnt be dead

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Hey Blackballer thanks for the feedback!
If you wouldn't mind, could you expand on what your core issues are with the night bonus and morale? :)

DeletedUser11525

If the Player Council changes are made, morale isn't a big deal, and can be managed. As is, there are some significant holes that make morale exploitable in ways that weren't meant.

Night bonus is, and always has been, a joke. It makes planning and timing actions harder, with no real benefit. It was added to placate a small group of players that were whining about late night attacks. That is what trips, and a good alliance are for. Most alliances I've been part of have players in remote time zones, or players that work 3rd shift and cover any late night activities. This really springs from the teams that insist that everyone have attack alarms enabled on the mobile app, and sleep with their phones. Night bonus is also inherently unfair to players who's play windows line up with the night bonus time. Like beginners protection, maybe this is something that should phases out over a few months of a world.

As an example, consider this example:
I normally sleep from midnight to 7:00.
I work from 9:00-17:00, and can't play at work
Night bonus is in effect from midnight-8:00
If I want to attack a city that's 4 hour tt without the extra losses associated with night bonus, I need to launch the attack between 7:00 and 9:00, or between 17:00 and 20:00, effectively cutting at least 4 hours out of my play window. And if you overlay trying to time revolt and CS times to avoid the night bonus window, things get worse. The only alternative would be to set an alarm to get up earlier, which defeats some of the argument for the night bonus.

Finally, players are now taking advantage of the night bonus window by knowing that fewer people will attack then and using the window to rebuild/restock a city that's the target of an op, instead of the normal struggle to keep walls and support in place through the revolt window.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16157

I like Night Bonus. To be frank, it's one of the only things about us that is different than en, except for less players, less supporting mods, less active forums, etc. If your time zone doesn't match up with night bonus, you probably shouldn't be playing here to begin with...? That is why the en server does not have night bonuses, it gives people the options.

Night bonus is, and always has been, a joke. It makes planning and timing actions harder
Exactly. It adds another level of strategy to the game. Especially as the night bonus affects sieges as well, so if you can land a CS in an empty city overnight, it actually benefits the attacker, not the defender.

Whitewiz

Newcomer
I keep getting a background advertisement for directupload.net. It is very annoying. Can you have someone check it out. It is on all US, EN & beta servers.1585993810544.png

DeletedUser1048

I had something like that this morning, it went away when I removed DIO Tools.

DeletedUser14893

3vy6zx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.