Conquest help please

DeletedUser16081

I am new to the game , well new actively and I was conquered just couple days after newbie shield dropped so now what I can't play anymore after all the gold I dumped in to my city? I mean I did not even know another player could come in and gank my kcity right form under me..sighs..any useful help would be great. Please and thank you.

DeletedUser16081

did not even get enough level to have colony ship researched so can not even colonize another city....my subjugator was rank 76k to my rank 900..ok still sucks but I read through some the stuff on the forums so I am going to assume once his conquest of my city is done is when I can start from scratch my new city? If I choose to even continue in first place?..wish I had read forums before my newb shield dropped and blew all that to build my city at that rate ..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5524

did not even get enough level to have colony ship researched so can not even colonize another city....my subjugator was rank 76k to my rank 900..ok still sucks but I read through some the stuff on the forums so I am going to assume once his conquest of my city is done is when I can start from scratch my new city? If I choose to even continue in first place?..wish I had read forums before my newb shield dropped and blew all that to build my city at that rate ..
Ya its a conquest world so they can take ya city whenever when protection ends. Once the conquest ends you can restart and you will likely be put somewhere safer. As for help on the game, that is something that comes with time and experience. I suggest trying to join an alliance and watching others play as well as reading the wiki maybe.

DeletedUser16081

thanks. I took some time read the newb guide thread too.

DeletedUser4356

thanks. I took some time read the newb guide thread too.

Look at the world's settings before you join any world. Here in the forum, you will find the settings, speed x, unit speed x, morale, type of world (conquest/revolt).
Additionally, you don't have to play in US servers, you can play in EN, ES, AR, GR, etc. There are many servers you can play in, and many worlds with different settings. Seeing as you are a beginner, pick a slower one with morale activated. If you do not have time to play, the slowest worlds are x1.

Lastly, I would suggest you play in a revolt world with moral activated. This way, you can find out much more about the game and its mechanics.

DeletedUser16081

ooo thank you that is very helpful info. I will look into that .

DeletedUser15357

Keetarra, be sure to ask a LOT of questions as well once you're back in the game. The wiki does not even cover half of what this game is about and the depths of it (strategies, political relationships, wars, trash talking, OPs, etc). This game is VERY complex and will take months maybe even over a year to fully learn and understand the game. There are people who have been playing for years who still don't know everything and aren't too great. What'll determine how good you are is you. By asking questions, reading, participating in what your alliance is doing (once you join one) and communicating. Here's some basic tips for you as well to kind of give you some direction as to what to do once you're back:

1) Attack the bandits camp often -> Gives you BP (Battle Points), which after you've gained 300, you can run a VP (Victory Procession). The more VPs you can run, the more CPs (culture points) you can get (Theater plays, olympic games and city festivals all produce CPs as well). The more CPs you have, the more "Slots" you'll have. A slot is the difference between how many cities you have, and how many you can have. If you go into your Agora (little pointy building beside senate), you'll all that I'm talking about here.

2) Get at least 4 Farming Villages and upgrade them to at least level 4. Then, demand resources every 5 mins -> More resources = more buildings built = more units you can build. More is always better.

3) Attack often -> Once you're out of the Base Protection, attack pretty much everyone on island that isn't under a blue or green flag. Remember that "Red is Dead" (Red is enemy alliance your alliance is at war with). But be sure to attack only what you know you can handle. If you're at 2K points, and you attack someone at 10K+, expect to lose. If you're at 2K and you attack a 4K-, you could win that battle and develop BP. Every unit you kill grants you x BP. More BP = more VPs = more CPs = more cities. Yay for a bigger, stronger you!

4) COMMUNICATE -> This makes or breaks you, and your alliance. Under attack? Talk to someone. Taking a city? talk to someone. Have a question? TALK TO SOMEONE!!

5) Be Active -> Daily. Going away for over a day, especially in faster worlds (Check settings of world by how crusader said above - Speed 4 is fastest, speed 1 is slowest) makes you a prime target for someone to take your city/cities. If you feel you need to be MIA for 2+ days, hit the VM button (Vacation Mode, found in settings).

6) In a CONQUEST world (This part does NOT apply to revolt worlds) you do NOT want to build a wall. Build it to MAYBE level 1 only. Walls aid defending units. Since there are two chances to block an opposing player's CS (Colony Ship) from landing in your city, a higher wall level only hurts you IF you miss your first chance to kill it. This part here is VERY in depth and detailed. Be sure to read up on the battle system in the wiki and ASK QUESTIONS.

7) Respect everyone you talk to. Here, or in game. Even your enemies. One day, your enemies could be your new teammates. Maps & teams change all the time and rarely does a team last start to finish of a world.

All super basic stuff but hope it helps you. Best of luck!

DeletedUser16081

wow awesome loads of info. ok I am in alliance (Trailer Trash) atm in world I am in now as I don;t know how to switch worlds but did get new city after that high ranking took my other city.so no idea what the stats for current world are either hermonessa? I believe it is called and a huge thank you for taking the time to help this newb out :)

DeletedUser4460

Nice advices @Sunvaar Se Toor !
Minimal addition:

Research in academy villager’s loyalty (allows 10min farming & gives more resources than 2x5min farming too).

Download grepolis app to your phone to get alerts for incoming attacks. The response to attacks will determine your future. If you are offline when attacks hit, you can easily get cleared and lose your city.

Dodge incoming attacks and activate militia. Snipe CS (colony ship). Read guides about these topics.
For example:
https://grepolisgrepolis.wordpress.com/grepolis-guides-2/incoming-attack-guide/

DeletedUser16081

oh terrific thank you guys. my phone can;t handle the app but still useful info :)

DeletedUser16081

ok getting conquered while on vacation mode so anyone know a good world I can swap out to?

DeletedUser4460

ok getting conquered while on vacation mode so anyone know a good world I can swap out to?
sorry :(
vacation mode doesn't have immediate effect, you are attackable 2 days long after you activated it and can lose cities

I would suggest to try the newest world Ialysos US 71 - it is not conquest, but the settings are better to learn the game.

DeletedUser15357

I can send you an invite to my team and get you in a safe area so you can learn and grow if you'd like?

DeletedUser16081

ok well VM kicked in but once back form out of state trip for emergency stuff I can see about that Sunvaar and I have hermonessa still but also I have rizinia for a revolt world atm but then my VM finally kicked in but safe with help is a def boon and yea I noticed Morg that it didn;t when I saw how many attacks came in scant hours after newb shield dropped and I had activated it I was like umm .. thank you both btw

DeletedUser16174

I have a conquest question.
Can I send a CS before conquest is researched, but have conquest completed just before CS lands?