The Last 24 Hours.

Corwin36

Artisan
It seems to me almost everyone is getting an offer. This would mean most of the folks are honest and this fiasco is all about a faulty grep detection tool. Anyway I am done and on to greener pastures. Good Luck folks.!!! I am done with grepolis. The lies, excuses and half truths have ruined any confidence I have the folks running it. I am not pointing this at the temporary co ma's they seem to be trying anyway

DeletedUser9133

It seems to me almost everyone is getting an offer. This would mean most of the folks are honest and this fiasco is all about a faulty grep detection tool. Anyway I am done and on to greener pastures. Good Luck folks.!!! I am done with grepolis. The lies, excuses and half truths have ruined any confidence I have the folks running it. I am not pointing this at the temporary co ma's they seem to be trying anyway

That is a big part of what is bothering me. From what I have seen about 75% of those banned have been offered restitution (inadequate, but still offered). So this "Minor Glitch" the only detected a "FEW" players in error. Since when is 75% a few? Again with the lies and the spinning to downplay. The cheaters here seem to be INNO and their mods, not the people using the bots.

DeletedUser5

Hey all,

I think, for clarity its important to understand that 'a few' here is more the colloquial few than literally three people. To give some actual numbers, as well as perhaps a little context, the number of incorrectly banned players found was 35 across 9 worlds. To be clear, I appreciate that not only those banned suffered in this instance, I just thought it may be somewhat helpful to understand the scope.

In terms of the server rollback, I have proposed the question, and in line with what I stated last night, this isn't something which is going to be considered. I'm working with those most affected to see if I can come to a compromise on their compensation packages, but a server rollback simply isn't on the cards. I understand this is perhaps not the news people were hoping for, but I wanted transparency, and not to try and ignore the requests.

Thanks again for your continued understanding.

Richard

DeletedUser15111

Hey all,

I think, for clarity its important to understand that 'a few' here is more the colloquial few than literally three people. To give some actual numbers, as well as perhaps a little context, the number of incorrectly banned players found was 35 across 9 worlds. To be clear, I appreciate that not only those banned suffered in this instance, I just thought it may be somewhat helpful to understand the scope.

In terms of the server rollback, I have proposed the question, and in line with what I stated last night, this isn't something which is going to be considered. I'm working with those most affected to see if I can come to a compromise on their compensation packages, but a server rollback simply isn't on the cards. I understand this is perhaps not the news people were hoping for, but I wanted transparency, and not to try and ignore the requests.

Thanks again for your continued understanding.

Richard

There is nothing you can do to make this right without a rollback. Every single server has a vastly different outcome due to 35 players being improperly banned. If the developers at inno don’t understand how this mistake has altered the the landscape of servers and refuse to fix it they honestly don’t deserve to be in business.

DeletedUser3297

There is nothing you can do to make this right without a rollback. Every single server has a vastly different outcome due to 35 players being improperly banned. If the developers at inno don’t understand how this mistake has altered the the landscape of servers and refuse to fix it they honestly don’t deserve to be in business.
unfortunately because of their incompetence a rollback now will actually do more harm to the servers than having those players banned will

DeletedUser15190

You need to understand that a rollback wont be possible not because they dont want to, but because they dont keep server data before updates to have something to return to, what they keep on their servers are Real Time data that is being updated in same way, to keep all data and state of each world prior to updates would be very costy and large and since Inno is renting somebody else's servers they dont have space for keeping such information.

They do keep logs of each movement, command, click however they can not rollback to certain periods of the worlds, only option is reset/delete/close and singular player manipulation(to give them something).

i'm not defending inno, im against everything they did and how they did it, however as a programmer i understand their limitations, what they offer as compensation is not even 1% of what they should be giving to the players affected.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Yes 1% compensation is probably right on for most of them. What they should be compensated is for all the gold they bought in whatever world they were wrongfully banned in... Giving them that gold is free to inno and sure would go a long way towards actually compensating the players wrongfully banned. Now of course the other side of the story is all the other players whom were affected indirectly because of this glitch. They to all deserve some compensation, perhaps advisers for a couple weeks would be a start.

DeletedUser4951

I remember how in winter I suggested we should merge the US back into EN to increase competition and growth as the market was dying and the mods had a collective screeching session and attacked the idea on just about every platform I was on saying it was a bad idea and the US wasn't dying.

To them I just want to say good job. If it wasn't before, probs is now. :)

DeletedUser5524

...number of incorrectly banned players found was 35 across 9 worlds. To be clear, I appreciate that not only those banned suffered in this instance, I just thought it may be somewhat helpful to understand the scope...

Is it right to ask how many total players were banned? Not sure if you are able to disclose this but it is something interesting to look at in comparison.

DeletedUser15105

Innocent players should be listed and publically restored. Reputations should be given some value by Inno. Having that besmirshed is worth no amount of gold.

DeletedUser15105

A list of the innocent will do as social justice. We owe that to them. And we as a community, we can infer the rest

DeletedUser15919

I would propose next event offer unlimited gold good only for the duration of event to help restore troops etc. Cause no one with half a lick of sense will ever drop a dime on this again....

DeletedUser11585

Dear mods plz stop deleting my post you any idea how long I played this game

By deliberately removing it will not stop the message getting to maul I have other ways to contact him

If was done dew to dig at the mods they deserve it and more and I thought this thread was opened to air ppls feelings

DeletedUser14339

30 my butt too!! I know of 10 in my alliance. 1500 gold big joke

f6592692b8.png

DeletedUser15105

I would like to add a few things.

Richard and the mods that have tried to communicate with us all in the community - i think we all deeply appreciate - at this point, regardless of the contents of the message. So thankyou.

As far as the message from Inno... is it the fact they dont get the devastion that they have made?

Its kinda trite to say to mass players who have made this game A PRIORITY IN THEIR LIFE, that this has been an inconvenience or a glitch
That language doesnt represent what goes into the pixels,, alarms on, , the dedication, the sacrifice of life , the team spirit, the people that play in the damn toilet at 3am because their wife will kill them!!

ITS NOT INCONVENIENT

Its a dedication to play this game properly, and its become expensive- emotionally , financially and time wise.

I think being unjustly banned, waiting for a response that never comes, getting updates from your ally in skype or discord, hearing your cities being decimated and sitting there, absolutely powerless, HEARING what you have invested your last sleepless year or months, just into going down the shitter in front of you- we all deserve something.

Reputations, accounts and alliances has been ruined. Peoples honest diligence and hours and hours of sacrifice for their team are nothing now!

I want to hear Inno reply with some kind of heart.

Corwin36

Artisan
If only 35 were wrongly accused then obviously those 35 were targeted by us mods because all our folks that were banned were exonerated