The Last 24 Hours.

DeletedUser4460

@morg global bans are not being issued anymore, highest ban a player can be issued is perma ban on 1 local market/account due to complications regarding global ban.

but yes, if this software bug isnt fixed people coming off ban can be banned again in very few days.

Wow, i had no clue about that... I need to make a new plan how to quit this game if getting global ban is not an option...

DeletedUser15190

Wow, i had no clue about that... I need to make a new plan how to quit this game if getting global ban is not an option...

what TSF said is true, no other market in grepolis is experiencing this "glitch" so moving to any other market will temporary fix the issue, for whats its worth.. this was the worst market ever with support staff.

DeletedUser566

I think I will be going to another gaming platform... less intense... actually allows dual accounting and sitters to help with the 24/7 coverage without having to lose sleep over it...

DeletedUser15357

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sadly I have no further updates for you at this time. I know this isn't what you want to hear.

I again ask that you keep your comments just to this thread only.

You will have noticed a couple of posts have been edited.

No warnings or infractions have been issued at this time, but I have to stress a few people are riding their luck.

I'm happy to have a conversation with anyone but please at least be respectful, if you can't be respectful then don't message me.

I would like to apologise for not being here most of yesterday but I was attending a funeral.

Regards,

Lurks.

"Riding our luck"?? Seriously? I cannot find ONE post that breaks any rules in this entire thing! You want us to keep comments here so you guys know who to ban and hand infractions out to once you guys figure out wth is going on? Lurks, you have been terrible from DAY ONE. You continuously play favorites, make up your own rules, and BS half of this community. Get off your high horse and shut it.

DeletedUser4460

@Selectron that browser is using a cloud server and sends compressed data to your device... as result your local IP can be hidden... some sites recognize it like if you used proxy (forbidden in grepo rules) it passes your local IP but not all sites can detect it.
It was nothing wrong in how and why they banned, the problem was that the users weren’t aware of their own cheating, because Puffin only advertised that it is an exteremely fast browser, not that it can hide your IP (from some sites). We didn’t use it to hide our IP, but because it was fast and reliable.

DeletedUser566

@Selectron that browser is using a cloud server and sends compressed data to your device... as result your local IP can be hidden... some sites recognize it like if you used proxy (forbidden in grepo rules) it passes your local IP but not all sites can detect it.
It was nothing wrong in how and why they banned, the problem was that the users weren’t aware of their own cheating, because Puffin only advertised that it is an exteremely fast browser, not that it can hide your IP (from some sites). We didn’t use it to hide our IP, but because it was fast and reliable.

I appreciate your explanation.. but like many others.. that kind of technicality is well beyond my understanding... I am kinda technology challenged at times

DeletedUser4460

I appreciate your explanation.. but like many others.. that kind of technicality is well beyond my understanding... I am kinda technology challenged at times

A more simple explanation... using this browser our real location was altered or hidden for the outside world, more players had same address... it probably looked like many multiaccounts - all this without our prior knowledge and unintentionally, they advertised a fast browser. It is not a tool in general that provides anonimity on internet (goal of cheaters) but uses similar methods to be fast.

DeletedUser15190

A more simple explanation... using this browser our real location was altered or hidden for the outside world, more players had same address... it probably looked like many multiaccounts - all this without our prior knowledge and unintentionally, they advertised a fast browser. It is not a tool in general that provides anonimity on internet (goal of cheaters) but uses similar methods to be fast.

still doesnt explain how app only players got banned.. also multiaccounting and proxies/VPN's are non attackable bans.. this round of bans were all attackable

DeletedUser9037

still doesnt explain how app only players got banned.. also multiaccounting and proxies/VPN's are non attackable bans.. this round of bans were all attackable

So does this mean there is no consistency with punishments then?
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

DeletedUser4460

Puffin is available for desktop and mobile too, the mobile version had an optional mouse cursor, it was possible to recall/resend attacks with it on tablet almost as fast as on pc... nice browser, just not for grepo anymore :(

DeletedUser15190

What are we at? 2 days and Medic still can't be bothered to address this?

I'm pretty sure she just picked up the new mod off a random world and decided to throw him to the wolves.

day 3 is almost over bruh, bans have expired as of 6 hrs ago :confused:

DeletedUser15969

I asked our alliance to not hit anyone that may have a ban. I was banned for the 3 days. No one hit me. It's only right to not hit people who are wrongly banned.

DeletedUser16069

I asked our alliance to not hit anyone that may have a ban. I was banned for the 3 days. No one hit me. It's only right to not hit people who are wrongly banned.

I appreciate the altruism, but such a statement presumes that all bans on US servers heretofore have been correctly placed. Come on! We all know instances where bans have been issued by mods with bias or at the very least a double-standard toward involved parties. However, the in-game tactical standard I have seen played out in every world is to mercilessly attack any player banned or heading into VM. The only exception I have seen personally, is if alliance leaders call a temporary ceasefire due to some medical emergency or specific urgency. Otherwise it's fair game. The difference here is that the bans have been en masse. I am sure many are deserved, but we all know players who have been, more than likely, falsely accused. Alliances must debate the situation and decide what is most called for on their server when evaluating the response of other alliances, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15190

Well.. this issue is far from solved, while they know there is a glitch and issues, they are still banning people, i see a wave number 2 of bans starting today and tomorrow..

DeletedUser15357

I can say with great accuracy, after many conversations with many people.. 95+% of the mass bans are unwarrented. 60+% don't even have any scripts, add-ons, or otherwise any aided feature to the game (such as GRCRTools, and others). They simply just log into the game itself and that's it.

DeletedUser15969

Is this over? I was banned. Thank you who didn't attack me. Can we continue our attacks now?

DeletedUser15969

I called a peacetime. Now I don't know if everyone is out of this ban.