Browser Changelog 2.160

• Thread starter DeletedUser13502
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13502

Changelog 2.160

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 4, 2018 Grepolis will be updated to version 2.160. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• Battle point calculations were adjusted in order to reduce battle points granted for defeating units of alliance members and removing battle points for killing owned units altogether.
  • Wheel of fortune events now show the chances of winning items directly on the wheel.
  • The game options were expanded to be able to disable warnings about attacking members of your own alliance.
  • Medea and Telemachos were rebalanced slightly and now get a higher increase for their bonus effects with each level-up.
New Features and Changes

• Battle point calculations for both defending and attacking were adjusted to make attacks on friendly units less attractive to farm battle points.
    • Successful defeat of units in the players posession generates 0 battle points.
    • Defeated alliance or pact members' units generate 20% of the total possible battle points for all units killed. In case of this resulting in decimal numbers, battle points get rounded.
    • Battle reports will display an info icon with more information on the specifics:
      bpdisclaimer_browser.png
  • Tired of confirming that you would like to engage in an attack on your fellow alliance members? It is now possible to disable confirmation prompts about attacking your own alliance members from the game options.
    alliance_attack_warning.png

• All events with a Wheel of Fortune now show probabilities of winning a specific reward directly in the user interface, so you can easily tell how high your chances are of getting the most valuable rewards.
    Wheelchances.png
  • Medea's and Telemacho's bonus effect values were adjusted. They now each increase by +1.5% per hero level gained (was: 1%).
Bugfixes

• Recruitment - Fixed a rare error which could get caused when instantly finishing a recruitment of colony ships, resulting in no ship to be granted.
  • Agora - Removed an extra space between the current city count, the separator and the overall possible city count in the agora.
  • Event/Sale icons - The timer was displayed with gaps and the glow around the icon was off.
  • Mythical Hen - A java script error could lead to the event window not loading.
  • Mythical Hen - A discrepancy between population values of effects in the recipe book and crafted ones has been fixed.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser15984

Changelog 2.160

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 4, 2018 Grepolis will be updated to version 2.159. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• Battle point calculations were adjusted in order to reduce battle points granted for defeating units of alliance members and removing battle points for killing owned units altogether.
  • Wheel of fortune events now show the chances of winning items directly on the wheel.
  • The game options were expanded to be able to disable warnings about attacking members of your own alliance.
  • Medea and Telemachos were rebalanced slightly and now get a higher increase for their bonus effects with each level-up.
New Features and Changes

• Battle point calculations for both defending and attacking were adjusted to make attacks on friendly units less attractive to farm battle points.
    • Successful defeat of units in the players posession generates 0 battle points.
    • Defeated alliance or pact members' units generate 20% of the total possible battle points for all units killed. In case of this resulting in decimal numbers, battle points get rounded.
    • Battle reports will display an info icon with more information on the specifics:
      bpdisclaimer_browser.png
  • Tired of confirming that you would like to engage in an attack on your fellow alliance members? It is now possible to disable confirmation prompts about attacking your own alliance members from the game options.
    alliance_attack_warning.png

• All events with a Wheel of Fortune now show probabilities of winning a specific reward directly in the user interface, so you can easily tell how high your chances are of getting the most valuable rewards.
    Wheelchances.png
  • Medea's and Telemacho's bonus effect values were adjusted. They now each increase by +1.5% per hero level gained (was: 1%).
Bugfixes

• Recruitment - Fixed a rare error which could get caused when instantly finishing a recruitment of colony ships, resulting in no ship to be granted.
  • Agora - Removed an extra space between the current city count, the separator and the overall possible city count in the agora.
  • Event/Sale icons - The timer was displayed with gaps and the glow around the icon was off.
  • Mythical Hen - A java script error could lead to the event window not loading.
  • Mythical Hen - A discrepancy between population values of effects in the recipe book and crafted ones has been fixed.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

This is not fair imo. I attacked a ghost city and got 204 bp. instead of 1k bp. how is tht gonna be attractive taking ghost or inactive players?? before the enemy takes it??
what are you guys thinking. if you want to stop players generate bp buy supporting a player and attacking them think of another way to do it!
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif

DeletedUser14769

THAT explains this. But I really don't understand. When a teammate goes inactive, we are now being punished for it?????
This isn't right at all!

How will I know the percent of what I killed now? You could judge that based on the bp you earned. Now you take that away too.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5183

If I get no BP for killing my own troops, I should not be able to kill them. We should be able to delete our units.
Just started and quit a new world because this technique is the only way to farm BP early in game. Eventually, most cities on spawn island ghost, and only fliers can other players without a sizable navy. This decision will further kill this game, by cutting new players from a source of growth.

DeletedUser11525

If I get no BP for killing my own troops, I should not be able to kill them. We should be able to delete our units.
Just started and quit a new world because this technique is the only way to farm BP early in game. Eventually, most cities on spawn island ghost, and only fliers can other players without a sizable navy. This decision will further kill this game, by cutting new players from a source of growth.

This can be said about using BP for farming villages in general. It reduces team work, slows smaller players, and if you end up in a quieter area, really stunts your growth. Instead of having the BP to run victory parades to open a slot, we need to spend them on building farm villages to get the resources we need. And a group from an alliance can no longer share the pain of building the villages for everyone's benefit. And you benefited from previous players building the villages up when you took a city.

It would be nice to have something like the old resource based building and sharing as an alternative to just the BP system.

DeletedUser4356

How does this system apply to ghost cities/inactive members?

I can see the pain for some players on BP. Although, I am glad that it was implemented.

DeletedUser9037

This is not fair imo. I attacked a ghost city and got 204 bp. instead of 1k bp. how is tht gonna be attractive taking ghost or inactive players?? before the enemy takes it??
what are you guys thinking. if you want to stop players generate bp buy supporting a player and attacking them think of another way to do it!
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif

Actual troops/boats that belong to the ghost I believe you get the points for, are you sure those troops did not belong to someone in your alliance instead? Because that 204 would be 20% like the change log states.

THAT explains this. But I really don't understand. When a teammate goes inactive, we are now being punished for it?????
This isn't right at all!

How will I know the percent of what I killed now? You could judge that based on the bp you earned. Now you take that away too.

Simple, you kick out the inactive player to get full bp points off of their troops/boats.

DeletedUser1111

The BP Penalty is a classic example of a bandaid fix that has serious unintended consequences. Y’all think this is about fighting versus farming? Guess again. The developers want to close down an exploit that let’s players make slots too easily and cheaply. This is another money grab.

So now, weaker alliances that are struggling with inactives and ghosts are punished further. Do you realize how terribly difficult it is to hold together a core area when players start dropping out. This ‘fix’ will drive even more players away.

And this bandaid is pointless. I played with a tight squad of a dozen or so connected close friends. When a team mate used BP cannibalization, the CS came from the squad members, not the mate. So we just split the squad into small and large alliances that are not pacted. There is no downside. Cycle membership as needed. Then we proceed to cannibalize CS as usual without penalty. A little more work but still an easy workaround. The developers screwed up the game with a pointless bandaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.