Peacetime and ww

DeletedUser12570

This is nothing new. The same happened to me in Lambda and Ithaca. The truly fair way to settle this is to stop all loading and building currently in progress of the wonders, for the world, for all teams. This is the only chance the other teams get since they could not win the fair way, lol. We beat them in all aspects of the game otherwise. Start a mass exodus and pull your credit cards with it. Inno most likely will not care either way. Grepolis is the weakest of their money makers and requires the most upkeep. Last year they spent over 15 million to advertise for Forge of Empires in the Superbowl. They spent no money in advertising for Grep, but they need a larger team of mods for grep and have to deal with far more issues of cheating and game fixes for upkeep. We are nothing more than a hassle to them.
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

DeletedUser15726

I have been playing this game since "EN: NU World." I have spent a considerable amount of money in these servers. This is absolutely despicable. Whoever came up with this solution should be fired. People in my alliance you have to think outside the box. Don't argue with the Moderators here they are powerless.

We need to contact InnoGames Headquarters: https://www.innogames.com/company/contact/

Rodrk

Peltast
There is no way that anyone responsible for this game can justify this policy. If this were candy crush we'd all just suck it up. but it's not, it's a game that we invest 100s of hours in, get up at all hours of the night to be competitive, team build etc...

The amount of time and financial investment that those who play grepolis make is what makes this game special. Decisions like this are shameful.

SHAME

DeletedUser13520

@ExtremeJeff....problem is we cant start our level so for 40ish hours theirs will be ticking down and can be favored/resourced where we can do nothing but sit there and twiddle our thumbs....then peacetime starts where no one can do anything.

DeletedUser11042

Somehow all of you do not even understand the other alliances are facing the exact same problem.
It does screw all alliances but there are situations where it helps alliances that are trailing
for example:
say on 1 ww build, alliance 1 has a 24 hr lead and alliance 2 is trailing (both alliances have the same level counting down). If alliance 1 cannot hit build ww level, alliance 2's timer continues to click down until both alliances are at the same lvl and both only need to start that level when peacetime is over.

This therefore erases any lead that alliance 1 had and this is why ww's need to be paused at peacetime and the build ww button should be able to be pressed at anytime before peace.
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodrk

Peltast
Fair to say that Inno clearly does not care. All they've done is dispatch powerless mods to explain stuff to us we already know. Thank you mods for at least telling us tough crap in many different ways, in the end its not your fault. But the complete lack of regard or care for this situation shown to the community speaks volumes about Inno's character (or lack there of) as an organization.

Innogames is an embarrassment and insult to the gaming community. Even EA shows it's community more support which is a statement in itself that I never expected to make.

DeletedUser15726

Someone modified my original post which makes me think there are nervous people at INNOGAMES. It seems they are worried their CEO will smack them down for the Douchebaggery that is going on right now. Please let him know how you feel so we can some people fired or removed.

INNOGAMES CEO:

On Twitter:
@hklindworth
CEO Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hklindworth
Reported CEO Email: Hendrik.Klindworth@innogames.com

DeletedUser14769

It does screw all alliances but there are situations where it helps alliances that are trailing
for example:
say on 1 ww build, alliance 1 has a 24 hr lead and alliance 2 is trailing (both alliances have the same level counting down). If alliance 1 cannot hit build ww level, alliance 2's timer continues to click down until both alliances are at the same lvl and both only need to start that level when peacetime is over.
This therefore erases any lead that alliance 1 had and this is why ww's need to be paused at peacetime and the build ww button should be able to be pressed at anytime before peace.
Hope that makes sense.
The reverse is true as well. Alliance 1 has a lead and Alliance 2 is trailing. Alliance 1, due to their lead, was able to hit the upgrade button and their wonder is now progressing to the next level. Alliance 2 is unable to hit the upgrade button, though it is just a few hours later. They will have to wait for the entire upgrade time to pass after peacetime is over.
But perhaps you are only looking at two alliances and not three. Our alliance has been hurt by this as well.

@ExtremeJeff....problem is we cant start our level so for 40ish hours theirs will be ticking down and can be favored/resourced where we can do nothing but sit there and twiddle our thumbs....then peacetime starts where no one can do anything.
We cannot start ours either. That is my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15628

The reverse is true as well. Alliance 1 has a lead and Alliance 2 is trailing. Alliance 1, due to their lead, was able to hit the upgrade button and their wonder is now progressing to the next level. Alliance 2 is unable to hit the upgrade button, though it is just a few hours later. They will have to wait for the entire upgrade time to pass after peacetime is over.
But perhaps you are only looking at two alliances and not three. Our alliance has been hurt by this as well.

We cannot start ours either. That is my point.
The "reverse" is not true to an extent either. So called Alliance 1 earned their lead. By filling faster or favoring more. Again. Earned it. I understand that hitting a button an hour later than Alliance 1 might have hurt another alliance as well. But from what's been posted, so called Alliance 1 had an unbelievable lead. I'm not a Shamer fan, but what's right is right. And from what I can make out here, this situation isn't right. What's the point of getting up at all hours of the night to fill wonder levels and send favor to build a lead if it can be taken away by some programming error? If this is the way this world works out, I think INNO should put an asterisk on the Hall of Fame wall basically saying that they screwed over a lot of people and apologize for there lack of consideration to this particular end game of this particular world. Heaven knows that most veterans of this game have been unhappy with the actual end game for years. This is just another shining example of INNO's lack of foresight and ability to adapt to the wants and needs of their most valuable resource. Their customers. I've rambled enough. Have a great day.

DeletedUser14769

They still have the same lead or have you not looked at the wonders?

DeletedUser13520

@ExtremeJeff ...have you looked at the wonders as of early afternoon today? there are 2 alliances with a level 9 wonder which has yet to be started, due to the "no starting a wonder before peacetime rule".
smiley_emoticons_cyclops.gif

Rodrk

Peltast
They still have the same lead or have you not looked at the wonders?

There is no getting through to Jeff. The mere fact that he thinks this is hurting his alliance is silly. We had a 40 - 60hr lead on the few wonders they were building and 40+ on the one they were rushing.

The truth is Jeff, your team was never in this race or even relevant on this server so this does not hurt AOD.

Go back to beating up quest's for BP in ocean 35
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

Rodrk

Peltast
So we overcame the nonsense that was the Thanksgiving peacetime and will be winning this world. However, i can't stress enough that on the winning side or losing side, the way wonders are handled during peace is absolutely horrendous.

I know it, you know it, every player knows it. Do something about it Inno.

Last post on the subject...

DeletedUser14769

Keep whining Rodrk. You couldn't be any more pathetic if you tried.

" which has yet to be started, due to the "no starting a wonder before peacetime rule""
Because I didn't come on here and complain about that exact same thing? Talk about selective reading.

JD Feyd

Senior Citizen
I have been trying to play Ialypsos for 3 days now. It won't let me switch to city view. very irritating

Rodrk

Peltast
Keep whining Rodrk. You couldn't be any more pathetic if you tried.

" which has yet to be started, due to the "no starting a wonder before peacetime rule""
Because I didn't come on here and complain about that exact same thing? Talk about selective reading.

How rude! Does this mean spaghetti dinner on Sunday nights at your place are cancelled?