Charl's Guide to Revolts

DeletedUser5088

Some of you have never played revolt worlds before so I thought I would make a guide:

City Slots: You will want to attack people regularly to get Battle Points. Once you have enough Battle Points than you get a Culture Point . You have to go to your agora to see this. Once you have enough Culture Points than you get a Culture Level. The amount of Culture Points needed to get a Culture Level get higher after each level. Each Culture Level equals a city. You can see how many Cities you can have in your agora.
Other Ways to get Culture Levels are to (IF YOU HAVE AN ACADEMY LEVEL 30) are to use 50 gold, which you must buy with your own money. You can also preform a city festival which is costly. Or you can get a theater and then preform a Theater Play.
Common References:
BP= Battle Points
CP= Culture Point
CL= Culture Level
[spr]
sI5oS8Z.png
[/spr]

Researching: In able to get other cities you must research Conquest and Colony Ship in your academy. I would suggest researching Light Ships (academy level 16). YOU MUST RESEARCH Colony ship (academy level 22) and Conquest (academy level 28 ).
Common References:
lvl= Level
CS= Colony Ship
LS= Light Ships
[spr]
iLMzICp.png
[/spr]

Build your Colony Ship:
In order to build your colony ship it requires a harbor level 20, 170 population and 10,000 of each resource.
Common References:
pop= population
[spr]
hKhVkfP.png
[/spr]

Clearing the City: First thing I would do is clear the city you are trying to conquer. Send waves of light ships and manticores. If you don't have manticores then send Slingers or hoplites with fast transport ships (or if you have to regular transport ships)
Make sure the city is cleared or at least you know you can clear it with the revolt attack (see next topic)
Common References: Mant.= Manticore
[spr]
YEinS80.png
uJLxSOT.png
[/spr]

Revolt Attack: SAVE MOST OF YOUR OFFENSIVE TROOPS FOR THIS
Send an attack at the city you are conquering. However click at the bottom of the attack screen "Revolt Attack", then send the attack. *Don't send the colony ship
Common References:
Olu= Offensive Land units
[spr]
WxOWyKL.png
[/spr]

Regular Revolt: If your revolt attack is successful then their city will go into "Regular Revolt". This period will last for 12hours. During this time keep sending Clearing Waves in case they have support. *Don't send the Colony Ship in at this time.
[spr]
revolt_arising.png
[/spr]

Red Revolt: *THIS IS WHEN YOU SEND THE COLONY SHIP
After the 12 hours of Regular Revolt is up then their city will go into "Red Revolt". This period also last 12 hours. This is when you send your final attack with your colony ship. You must land the Colony ship during this time. You can send the colony ship before red revolt starts but you have to make sure the colony ship lands in the Red Revolt Period. As soon as the Colony Ship lands and is successful than you get the city immediatly.
[spr]
Revolt_running.png
[/spr]

Congrats Now you have another City!

-Charl

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7307

in revolt its so easy to support a siege in conquest cities are overtaken in like 3 hrs.

DeletedUser

Can you send troops with the colony ship in a combined colony / attack? Or do you have to clear the city with one attack, then land the colony ship all by itself?

DeletedUser271

Can you send troops with the colony ship in a combined colony / attack? Or do you have to clear the city with one attack, then land the colony ship all by itself?

You have to send troops with the Colony Ship. Otherwise it won't let you send the CS.

DeletedUser

Ok, cool. The wiki is a little confusing with all its "send a clearing attack to land just before the Colony Ship"

DeletedUser271

Ok, cool. The wiki is a little confusing with all its "send a clearing attack to land just before the Colony Ship"

What he meant is that it is advised to launch a clearing attack landing right before the CS attack (which is composed of a CS, lots of LS and lots of land attacking units) landing ;-)

DeletedUser

Only problem is that newer players probably won't be building manticores esp if they only have 1 city

DeletedUser5088

It is said as an option preferable if you already have more than one city

DeletedUser

it's likely that a person with more than one city would know how to revolt

DeletedUser11849

So when sending the CS do I click the revolt icon or just the attack icon?

DeletedUser836

So when sending the CS do I click the revolt icon or just the attack icon?
Regular attack. If a CS is sent in an attack, it will show up as a conquest attack. You don't want to start another revolt with the CS, so just use the regular attack icon.

DeletedUser11525

I normally hit the revolt button with no adverse side affects (for me at least. Not sure about the target player).