Changelog 2.148

DeletedUser13502

Changelog 2.148

Dear Community,

On Wednesday October 4, 2017 we will update to version 2.148. As always there will be a short downtime during the update and we thank you for your patience.

Summary

• The main focus of this update lies in improvements to readability and understanding of the game. We have worked on several tutorial improvements, exchanged icons and replaced confusing texts. This also includes a change to icons for unit abilities which several players reported as hard to read.
  • Additionally we laid the groundwork for morale changes which have recently been announced and discussed on our DevBlog.
New Features and Changes

• In order to improve the tutorial and early game phase, the following adjustments have been made:
    • A new cooldown indicator in the farming village overview gives additional information about the collection being on cooldown.
      nextcollection.png

• Text adjustments have been made in various places to make displays more understandable:
      • Within farming village menus and farming village overview the texts indicating that collections are on cooldown have been adjusted ("Cooldown time ___" to "Next collection in ___").
      • In the farming village overview, the text showing the individual cooldown for new demands for each individual city was changed from "New resources" to "Next collection"
      • In one of the tutorial texts, Helen mentioned that she would ask Socrates to help players build their first city. Socrates is never mentioned again, hence any reference to him was removed.
    • A tooltip was added to the button to build a new farming village, explaining what benefits this farming village will give.
      buildfarmingvillage.png
    • Adjusted the objective of the tutorial quest "Defeat the bandits" to not only include the defeat of the camp but also the reward collection, making sure that players collect their well-earned rewards after their victory.
    • Tutorial arrows were improved. They should now give more clear instructions, move slightly faster and more smoothly and not completely overlap any important UI elements or texts any longer.
  • Several icons have been replaced for better comprehension and readability for colorblind
    • Icons for defensive unit abilities have seen a color change as well as increased contrast between all elements.
    • The quest log icon has received a more distinct background color for additional contrast.
  • The morale system has been reworked to fix some inherent weaknesses in the system and return it to its original purpose of protecting weaker players rather than offering a powerful trade-off of progression and points for additional protection.
    • The following change applies to all game worlds:
      • Morale no longer has any effect on cities placed on islands with active world wonders.
    • All new game worlds opened after version 2.150 will see the following adjustments to morale:
      • The minimum possible morale (maximum possible attack power reduction of the attacker) is adjusted based on the amount of cities in posession of the defender. Diminishing returns apply:
        • 1 city - minimum possible morale 30% (70% reduction of attack power)
        • 2 cities - minimum possible morale 35% (65% reduction of attack power)
        • 3 cities - minimum possible morale 40% (60% reduction of attack power)
        • 10 cities - minimum possible morale 75% (25% reduction of attack power)
      • From 11 cities onward, the minimum possible amount of morale is capped at 80%, meaning that any attacker's offensive power is only ever lowered by 20% if they are significantly stronger.
Bugfixes

• Travel time simulator - Fixed a technical issue that would cause a multitude of requests to the server being triggered at the same time.
  • Messages - Under certain conditions the unread counter could get stuck after using "mark all read", causing unread messages to be shown although there were none.
  • Reports - Reports regarding attacks on Bandit Camps had no town information shown for the Bandits. Instead we are now displaying "Bandits" as username and "Bandit's camp" as city name for more consistency.
  • Militia - For some language versions, militia still displayed an attack value of 2 despite having been taught that they're not meant to engage in offensive action. They're now compliant.

gpcl-line.png

Please feel free to leave any feedback.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser9133

The change to the farming villages prevents you from using the captain to trade resources until the villages are ready for collection. You can still trade but you must go to the island and click on the island overview to bring up the trade dialog. I paid a premium for the captain to make my game easier. Please give me what I paid for. This is in a world with old style farming villages (Nicaea)

DeletedUser1992

Who ever though that new green banner telling you the time that the next demand is available (when the exact same information was already available on the window this banner greys out) should be fired immediately! That takes several seconds to come up and you can not go to the next city for a demand until it finishes coming up which can take 2 - 3 seconds . . . Doesn't sound like much but in Hyperborea where many of us have over 100 cities it makes you want to smash the screen.

Please do away with this 'feature' as it is not needed (the time for the next demand or action is clearly shown on the old screen) and just adds to the annoyance of playing this game.

DeletedUser11525

Along the same lines as the above comments.

The new green ribbon ti the next demand is redundant with the into already provided. If there is really interest in this, it should be combined with the ribbon showing how many villages you got the demand from.

The new villages also broke a very useful feature of the old farming villages of being able to click on a village to get to the trade window to be able to balance resources as part of doing the demand. Now, you need to basically exit the demand list, select the city, do the trade, and go back to where you were. Do the developers actually play, or just think up ways to break things?

But underlying all of this is that the current implementation of the Farming Village demands is broken once you get beyond a dozen cities or so. It is painful to click through each city, and the small scroll window (4 -5 cities) with too much info (do the city points, or free population really matter for a demand?) on the city/cities on the island is error prone, making it easy to skip cities. It is only slightly better than going to each island to do the demands manually.

The feature needs to be reworked to allow single button demand if there are no conflicts or over full warehouses. Maybe with a slight delay per island so it still take some time to do, just not the mind numbing system that's there now. Of course, conflicts, or over filling warehouses without saying to ignore it would need to be worked out. but something more like the Culture window would actually improve game play.

DeletedUser14627

There are only 2 reasons I keep the Captain employed:
-- Make demanding from farming villages easier.
-- Make trading with farming village easier.

So by putting that green banner up there you guys just took away 50% of the reasons I employ the Captain by making it so I can no longer use the window I have been using for numerous years now (on a bunch of different servers) to trade with farming villages. I am curious if those of us that employ the captain will get extensions to his employment since you took away a good portion of his functionality.

DeletedUser9133

I just discovered another problem with this ill-conceived "improvement" You cannot use captain to take unconquered farming villages while you are waiting for your next collection. I spend 100 Gold ever two weeks for a premium that has had 50% of it's usefulness removed. I should get at least 1 day extra time for every 2 days till this is fixed.

Did the devs even bother to test this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11525

I just discovered another problem with this ill-conceived "improvement" You cannot use to take unconquered farming villages while you are waiting for your next collection. I spend 100 Gold ever two weeks for a premium that has had 50% of it's usefulness removed. I should get at least 1 day extra time for every 2 days till this is fixed.

Did the devs even bother to test this?

Tested that the code works as expected, yes. Tested how it actually affects game play, not the way most players play, apparently not.

DeletedUser13531

Honestly, the demand function of the game is so tedious that many barely use it anymore. If the intention was to make the process even worse by lengthening the time it takes to demand, then this new change by adding a banner you have to wait for was a success. If the intention was to not only lengthen the time it takes, but to induce more eye-rolling, keyboard-slamming, and frustrated moans of anguish, then it was a raging success.

If the actual intention of changes to the game is to improve game play, then please actually listen to the players here - suggestions regarding a simpler way to demand would really improve the game. I especially like the culture-window idea. It's obviously a doable thing to program as it is already in play for city festivals, processions, etc. So why not do it for demands as well? By having more resources, we are more likely to build faster and play more. In the long run, this should be the goal of the developers. Banners? We don't need no stinking Banners!

DeletedUser523

Developers 1 : 0 Players
Once again the players get beaten by people that don't actually play the game , please fix the ill-conceived banner over the Farming Villages screen , ruins the flow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12274

The cool down timer interferes with me making trades. When I have my game screen full of windows, I now either have to minimize all of them or ro move the map in the background to where I can access the island villages icon. Previously, even with the village overview grayed out, I could still make trades by popping open the window from the command bar. If you want to keep the cool down bar, please consider making it disappear when moused over.

DeletedUser9133

one thing I reported this as a bug via the support tool. I assume that the moderators have a better way of contacting the devs about bugs. This was the response

Hello donnacus,

Please visit the forum to make comments on the update. Unfortunately we cannot take such comments here

Darkqueen
Senior Moderator
So either there is no reason to have "BUG" as an option in the support window or the moderators don't feel like dealing with this new crap you created.

DeletedUser11525

one thing I reported this as a bug via the support tool. I assume that the moderators have a better way of contacting the devs about bugs. This was the response

Hello donnacus,

Please visit the forum to make comments on the update. Unfortunately we cannot take such comments here

Darkqueen
Senior Moderator
So either there is no reason to have "BUG" as an option in the support window or the moderators don't feel like dealing with this new crap you created.

If there wasn't a 'BUG' option, where would you go to be told to try a different browser, clear your cache, reboot your machine, try a different machine, try a different game?

DeletedUser9133

Why is there absolutely no response from Inno here? I had pretty much decided to pick up my wallet and stop playing anyway but their lack of response to their user base is confirming that I am making the wise choice.

DeletedUser11525

Why is there absolutely no response from Inno here? I had pretty much decided to pick up my wallet and stop playing anyway but their lack of response to their user base is confirming that I am making the wise choice.

They never respond on the forums. Maybe a moderator will relay a message? Maybe through the user counsel? Or now I'm really talking crazy. The best we can really hope for is an acknowledgement on on the developers blog that they will be changing this.

DeletedUser836

The community manager always sends your feedback to the developers regardless of whether or not a public confirmation is posted. Your thoughts on the issue of the green banner will be sent up.

DeletedUser15787

The windows load much faster now (dare I say even faster than before) so good job and thank you for taking care of that. However, the banner still renders that window useless after we demand resources.

DeletedUser9133

There appears to be one positive change in this update. The Hero Democritus had previously not been living up to his stated rate of doubling. I have him Maxed at level 20 which should have yielded a 60% rate of doubling. I was lucky to get 1 out of 4. the past few days I have been hitting that 60% mark.

DeletedUser15787

Can someone tell us if there are plans on removing the green banner? If the team doesn't plan on removing it, I want to know because I'm probably going to stop playing the game if that banner continues to exist in like a week from now.

I would appreciate it if you could give us an answer on this, fast.

DeletedUser836

Can someone tell us if there are plans on removing the green banner? If the team doesn't plan on removing it, I want to know because I'm probably going to stop playing the game if that banner continues to exist in like a week from now.

I would appreciate it if you could give us an answer on this, fast.
The banner will probably be moved to an area that doesn't affect game performance.