What went wrong.....

DeletedUser15634

Everyone started with high hopes and dreams, What caused your plan not to work????????????????????????????//

DeletedUser4322

LOL what the hell are you talking about?

I should be asking YOU that question..Mr Spartan Warrior lol

DeletedUser15634

LOL what the hell are you talking about?

I should be asking YOU that question..Mr Spartan Warrior lol
Lol just reflecting on this server and looking at many mistakes made. So I wondered if any others no what went wrong in their initial plan,

DeletedUser12275

No worries bud there is always the next world option ;)

DeletedUser7813

So, Spartans went wrong. I'll assume you posted this for a bit of reflection. Maybe you're just bummed that you personally had high hopes for the server, but it didn't go as planned. If you'll hear it, I'll tell you (a bit belated) what went wrong.

The NAP/Not-NP with Name Changers was bad. Like, the first sign of how things would go. I backed you up, after hearing the reasoning. I get that the NAP shouldn't have been agreed to from the beginning, without council approval. But you SHOULD have agreed to it. It was in Spartans best interest to have at least 1 ally at that point, being in-between two strong foes. I'm not one for hugging the whole world, but setting the whole world red is usually only temporarily beneficial. And it's not like we were going that route. We had an NAP with ELF, who were useless.

The 2nd thing that I noticed was that you guys were way too liberal with your invites. You took in everybody that was close, and didn't cut them. I mean, we had gold traders in the alliance 5 weeks into the server that were just like... "um, you guys know I'm just trading right?"

Ops were terrible. I saw this changing right before I left as you guys had what looked like a legit planned op, instead of "hey everybody attack mole man". But when our ops happened, there was approximately 5-10% participation. That's because you had so much dead weight in the alliance that just wasn't capable of battle.

I don't know what happened after Vlad and I left. I do know you guys held on for a while, had some good snipes, then appear to have had another split as Chug A Lug came about. With the war in the core heating up, maybe you guys can find a nice foothold in Ocean 56 or something. Buy yourselves enough time to make a run for it. I dunno.

DeletedUser15634

So, Spartans went wrong. I'll assume you posted this for a bit of reflection. Maybe you're just bummed that you personally had high hopes for the server, but it didn't go as planned. If you'll hear it, I'll tell you (a bit belated) what went wrong.

The NAP/Not-NP with Name Changers was bad. Like, the first sign of how things would go. I backed you up, after hearing the reasoning. I get that the NAP shouldn't have been agreed to from the beginning, without council approval. But you SHOULD have agreed to it. It was in Spartans best interest to have at least 1 ally at that point, being in-between two strong foes. I'm not one for hugging the whole world, but setting the whole world red is usually only temporarily beneficial. And it's not like we were going that route. We had an NAP with ELF, who were useless.

The 2nd thing that I noticed was that you guys were way too liberal with your invites. You took in everybody that was close, and didn't cut them. I mean, we had gold traders in the alliance 5 weeks into the server that were just like... "um, you guys know I'm just trading right?"

Ops were terrible. I saw this changing right before I left as you guys had what looked like a legit planned op, instead of "hey everybody attack mole man". But when our ops happened, there was approximately 5-10% participation. That's because you had so much dead weight in the alliance that just wasn't capable of battle.

I don't know what happened after Vlad and I left. I do know you guys held on for a while, had some good snipes, then appear to have had another split as Chug A Lug came about. With the war in the core heating up, maybe you guys can find a nice foothold in Ocean 56 or something. Buy yourselves enough time to make a run for it. I dunno.

Those are all valid points. If we had stuck to the original recruitment plan things would have been much better as far as participation. However, some players we had initially I believe had intentions of leaving anyway. Well it was a lesson learned to take to the next..