Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser15519

I myself am banking on loyalty over ego.

And city losses, apparently. And usually a 'good alliance' doesn't get wrecked by other alliances and have to tuck tail and run away only to get wrecked again. I'm guessing you're the type who is big on participation trophies too because we're all winners just for playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15649

And city losses, apparently. And usually a 'good alliance' doesn't get wrecked by other alliances and have to tuck tail and run away only to get wrecked again. I'm guessing you're the type who is big on participation trophies too because we're all winners just for playing.
Harsh, xD

DeletedUser11865

I find everyone else's conversation entertaining so I'll try to partake. Anddddd GO!

12. The Ancients (SINK) - Spread thin and losing members daily. It's only a matter of time before the rest jump ship and they will be... Ancient.

11. Lady Justice (SINK) - A NE rim alliance that's primary food is... not sure. Can't find any hard evidence of who these guys are fighting with. Whether they stick around or not, they will not make a difference until they start making some waves. Even then they probably won't make it.

10. Retirement Plan (SWIM) - Small in numbers, but packs a punch. Got a nice core built up in Oc54 and growing. Banshees, High Command, and The Phoenix Syndicate look like they are the food of choice, while VIRUS and The Ancients seem to be left alone for the most part. Doesn't seem like they are recruiting, but perhaps reinforcements are on the way or they are just biding their time and having fun for the time being. Eventually if they are going to be contenders in the long haul they will need to increase their members, but it doesn't seem to be much of a priority to them right now. Plenty of time left and it looks to me like they can handle their own.

9. Band of Brothers (SWIM) - With only 29 members they continue to climb the ranks. "M.A.C.O, it's whats for dinner" should be their motto. Steady alliance with a strong core that's growing. They will continue to prosper.

8. M.A.C.O. (SINK) - If you've ever wondered what it feels like to be eaten alive just ask any member of M.A.C.O... Of the three factions, I'm most confused as to why they created the M.A.C.O. Jedi Chaos... Their original core is in the NW part of the world while Jedi Chaos lies on the southern rim... Eh, it doesn't really matter anyway. M.A.C.O. will continue to build cities for more experienced players to come along and take over. May god have mercy on their souls.

7. Picnic Bunnies (SWIM) - How fun! They were created at the beginning of May and look at them now. I remember them from Troy... Not sure if they went on to win or not, but they were the alliance to be reckoned with during the time before I left. It's been 10 days and they already brought Delusion down... Kinda. Looks like the players with the most cities in the alliance are from Delusion, but I have faith that the core leadership will keep the ball rolling in the right direction. They appear to have good core and surrounded by food. Watch out!

6. Jackals (FLOAT) - Been butting heads with these guys lately, but they seem like they got their stuff together... Kinda. They only have a handful of players that have double digit cities, but they seem to be handing them down strengthening the alliance as a whole or just eating the IAs... They are spread a little thin at the moment and have a lot of cleaning up to do in their core. I can see them sticking around for a while.

5. Death Squad (FLOAT) - All bow down to the Death Squad! Formed because they think they're better than everyone else yada yada yada. It's just a matter of time before the next mutiny... They got some pretty shaky characters that I doubt can make it to the end without more drama. I don't know what's happening on the inside, but members are already leaving. They're spread out a little thin right now and don't really don't have a core. They lack members, but I think they've aligned themselves with few nearby alliances to try and remedy the situation... Just sit back and watch the kettle boil over, it's a matter of time.

4. Ashes to Ashes / Dust to Dust (FLOAT) - I was originally going to say sink, but I changed my mind. They are just kinda hanging out on the southern rim, but they aren't getting slaughtered by anyone in particular. After looking into a few of their top players, they are taking cites from the Jackals... They need to solidify their core and get rid of the red before they should expand any further. They have a lot of growing to do yet. They'll stick around for now, but I don't see them as a threat.

3. The High Command (SINK) - Kind of like the Ancients, these guys are falling apart. Spread way too thin and losing cities to Retirement Plan and Virus. I expect the current members to jump ship soon... If that's an option for them.

2. VIRUS (SWIM) - Virus seems to be holding their own. Feasting on M.A.C.O. and whats left of the Ancients... Even a few Picnic Bunnies. I can see them sticking around for the long haul however they are surrounded by some stiff competition... unless were talking about M.A.C.O. to the West.

1. The Fallen Sons (SWIM) - I am a member of this alliance so I won't offer you my biased opinion... All I'm going to say is: See you fellas at the finish line!

DeletedUser15519

Good top 12. Death Squad guaranteed sink though. They are the most aptly named alliance on the server, as all they've done since they formed is die. It's pretty ironic that they all left their original MRA (blow crew) to join a new MRA (wookies), then left their new MRA to form their own "elite" alliance, where all they've done is lose cities to their new MRA, forcing them to become butt buddies with their original MRA. That is some backbone. Also funny that all of your sinks (if you include death squad, which you should), are hand holding with each other (ancients, "high command", death squad). I cant blame them, no one wants to die alone.

DeletedUser11833

7. Picnic Bunnies (SWIM) - How fun! They were created at the beginning of May and look at them now. I remember them from Troy... Not sure if they went on to win or not, but they were the alliance to be reckoned with during the time before I left. It's been 10 days and they already brought Delusion down... Kinda. Looks like the players with the most cities in the alliance are from Delusion, but I have faith that the core leadership will keep the ball rolling in the right direction. They appear to have good core and surrounded by food. Watch out!

Well, I'd say that is a pretty good evaluation for us only existing a week! To clear up your questions and respond to some of your comments...

- Yes, we have a few returning members from the original Picnic Bunnies, which did win Troy (https://us.grepolis.com/start/hall_of_fame?world_id=us43&action=index)
- Bringing down Delusion mostly involved talking with their active members and convincing them to join us. Their founder over there was a my-way-or-the-highway kinda guy and an inexperienced player, so convincing them to join up wasn't hard because nobody liked him as a leader or a player (He is ghosted now).
- Yeah, we are surrounded by food, I have taken a city a day for the past 6 days now, so I am getting kinda full, lol.

Anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence!

DeletedUser12251

Fallen Sons/Hammered/Wookies, whatever you want to call them, are having a little trouble lol. Love wrecking top 12s

DeletedUser15337

What makes you think Fallen is having trouble Irontoast? Just because they lost 8 cities within a couple days to Band of Brothers? That's child's play.

I've heard from VERY reliable sources that Band of Brothers are a bunch of chumps and trash players who are just a speed bump for the great and powerful Fallen Sons. Fallen Sons will never fall. I mean, seriously. They have almost two FULL alliances and at least two known pacts. They will have to pact with M.A.C.O., an extremely prestigious group who only lost 90 cities to BOB. That's nothing for a server this young. They did also try to reach out to VIRUS for a pact to "take out BOB and decide on diplomacy after they are gone." Very dangerous calls.

Be careful what you say buddy. Don't count your chickens too early, or however that phrase goes.
Again, I want to reiterate that BOB is a "bunch of trash players and chumps who are just a speed bump." [5FDP Rules(quit within a month of server), Ejenkins, Boronto]
Oh, and dumb-butts (just the explicit version was used)[celtic57]

DeletedUser15649

What makes you think Fallen is having trouble Irontoast? Just because they lost 8 cities within a couple days to Band of Brothers? That's child's play.

I've heard from VERY reliable sources that Band of Brothers are a bunch of chumps and trash players who are just a speed bump for the great and powerful Fallen Sons. Fallen Sons will never fall. I mean, seriously. They have almost two FULL alliances and at least two known pacts. They will have to pact with M.A.C.O., an extremely prestigious group who only lost 90 cities to BOB. That's nothing for a server this young. They did also try to reach out to VIRUS for a pact to "take out BOB and decide on diplomacy after they are gone." Very dangerous calls.

Be careful what you say buddy. Don't count your chickens too early, or however that phrase goes.
Again, I want to reiterate that BOB is a "bunch of trash players and chumps who are just a speed bump." [5FDP Rules(quit within a month of server), Ejenkins, Boronto]
Oh, and dumb4$$3$[celtic57]
That sarcasm killed me, love you gorsh xD

DeletedUser1094

Well figured I’d give my own Top 12 a go. Love reading them but never did one myself. Please take into consideration……if you disagree with what I have to say or, what I say about your alliance offends you, I couldn’t care less. To everyone else please enjoy.

http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=us61&ref=msbvap2w7s5sjzgi8ep8vai1xkai0xlcgr08ge7

#1 and #2 – Fallen Sons (FLOAT….then?)

For an alliance who referred to my alliance as a “speed bump”, “pests”, and “dumbies” they really haven’t done much other than lose cities and feed us BP (FINALLY!!! Thanks for nothing MACO)

Got off to a strong start this server and controlled the center. They thought turning into an MRA and merging to create 4 sister alliances was a good idea……wrong. They’re used to strength in numbers and just overpowering their enemies. Seems they NAP everyone and try to isolate 1-2 alliances to pound on. Tide has def. turned for them though. What happens when you face an alliance who is used to being outnumbered? What happens when you face an alliance who actually enjoys fighting and not holding hands? What happens when you face an alliance who is lean n mean and you actually need to work and strategize to put a city in siege?

Let me answer those questions for you……..you get stomped on. Unless they change their approach and reorganize all they’re going to do is “fall” in the wake of BoB! Hopefully their strategy goes beyond NAPing alliances and founding on the front.

If they stay the course I say float and eventually have a slow crumbling death, if they can reorganize and get their butts in gear then they may have a chance to salvage things, which is hard to do from VM.

#3 – VIRUS (SWIM….then?)

Solid alliance surrounded by enemies in o44. They’re fighting on many fronts and with a limited amount of players may face a hard challenge ahead. Fallen Sons approached them about a NAP (I know right……shocker) in order to team up on BoB but they declined, so I’m told. The language barrier is def an issue and may cause some people to turn away from them when choosing an alliance to join. If they can bring in some new blood for the longevity of the server and beat back Picnic Bunnies I say swim, if not they won’t be as much a factor come end game as they should be.

#4 – The High Command (STILL FLOATING)

These guys have been taking a pounding for a while now but are still kicking. Them and Ancients will more than likely join together as their both in the core of the world and fighting common enemies. This seems to be Retirement Plans favorite target. They remind me of the episode when Homer Simpson tries boxing….they’re only here because they can take numerous shots to the head without going down.

#5 – Ashes to Ashes (FLOAT)

Down south with the rim on one side and Fallen Sons to the other they are in good position……but can they take advantage? Conquests say no. They have one front to worry about against a larger enemy that is fighting on all sides and are still getting hammered. If they are smart they shouldn’t have any issues but they are. I say float with their location being the biggest contributor.

#6 - Band of Brothers (SURF) – My Alliance

Oh where to begin?

Starting on the rim has its advantages. We took on MACO and fighting them was like taking candy from a baby (trust me, I know). BP was slacking with them but was necessary for us to grow before we became contenders. People may have looked down on us for it (Yea I’m looking at you Captain Planet) but it served a purpose and helped us in the long run. We’re fighting Fallen Sons now and they’re pretty much rolling over for us. I guess considering us pests and just a “speedbump” helped their bloated egos find out what running into a brick wall was like. They can try to NAP anyone they want, it won’t help them at this point. Love being underestimated. 13-0 since Friday (not including the 5 we got when they kicked people and beat their CS’s).

We’re here to fight and that’s what we intend to do until the end….what is a wonder anyway? Been there done that…..

We’re not just swimming in the water, we’re SURFING on that wave!

#7 – Jackals (SWIM)

With some reorganization and cleaning up these guys can be pretty decent. Some talent in here that is training some less experienced players in the hopes they’ll amount to something. If they find some diamonds in the rough great for them…if not I can’t see them being contenders at the end. Plenty of fighting to be had so let’s see who steps up. Being optimistic with a SWIM for now…if that talent doesn’t turn up then they’ll float around. Maybe they’ll get absorbed into one of their pacted neighboring allies which I think is more than likely.

#8 – Death Squad (FLOAT)

I got a joke for you. What do you call members of an MRA who thought they were awesome with the MRA and then who leave the MRA because they think “MRAs are bad”……..DEATH SQUAD!

Some drama went down when the hand holders had a disagreement and these guys broke off for greener pastures. Maybe if Fallen Sons fall or really have their backs to the wall some of them will split off and join these guys. Until then they’re just kind of floating around. Guessing they’ll eventually merge into someone if no one joins them.

#9 - Picnic Bunnies (SWIM)

Apparently an old member ripped off a name of an alliance he was in some other world…..who cares. These guys are up north and fighting VIRUS and MACO…or should I say fighting VIRUS and taking cities from MACO. They have the rim to their backs so shouldn’t have any problem fighting a one front war and expanding against MACO. If they can keep the pressure on VIRUS they should be okay.

#10 – M.A.C.O. (NOSE DIVE)

Not much to say about these guys. They’re losing cities to everyone. Once Richi the Trice quit they lost their chance of being somewhat relevant. All their other players are going VM. Our alliance BP was hurting from fighting these guys because they would never go on the offensive or try for siege breaks. They’re just waiting around to die at this point.

Put them in hospice care.

#11 – Retirement Plan (SWIM)

Small alliance who have been holding their own fighting Brew Crew/High Command. They haven’t done any recruiting really so they won’t be a factor as far as wonders are concerned (unless they try and take one). I love smaller alliances as I believe lean n mean is the way to go. Will be interesting to see what they do over the next few months. Would like to see them fight someone else other than High Command, that punching bag is getting worn out.

#12 – Lady Justice (FLOAT)

Rim alliance up north with nothing really around them. We’ll see what they can do. Too early to tell for them. I think they’ll float for the simple reason that there are no real threats around them. I suppose time will tell.

DeletedUser15649

Nah MACO is going to turn around and win the WW, obviously.

DeletedUser15337

How the world changes ;) bye bye RP
I know right? Man, Thorr, you must be feeling mighty powerful with your hammer (AKA Screen shot) to cry to the mods that some times are too good for a player!

What's next? You gonna complain to the mods next time someone is constantly spelling a CS so it doesn't get sea stormed?

DeletedUser15649

I know right? Man, Thorr, you must be feeling mighty powerful with your hammer (AKA Screen shot) to cry to the mods that some times are too good for a player!

What's next? You gonna complain to the mods next time someone is constantly spelling a CS so it doesn't get sea stormed?
Oh man, #burned

DeletedUser15573

Good grief, now support even remove the posts explaining very clearly the truth behind why RP left Sestos. Wouldn't be because it puts them in a bad light by any chance, would it? Shady shady, Duchess Leto, you'll fit right in.

DeletedUser15631

Sorry but you are wrong about me. I deleted a post that spoke about a person's ban and that is against the rules. You can talk about bans in general terms but not about a person, world, or alliance. I follow the rules to the letter and expect the rest of you to do the same. I'm sorry that you feel you were wronged, and maybe you were and maybe you weren't. I don't know since I only mod the external forum, and have nothing to do with the game itself. If you or candygurl would like to repost, correctly without mention of bans of a person, to explain that would be fine and I would leave it as long as you don't break a different rule in the process, like mod bashing or inappropriate language. I did nothing shady or anything to put me in a bad light, just doing my job. Thanks Duchess