Attack notification delay

• Thread starter DeletedUser7318
  • Start date

DeletedUser7318

Is there a period of time right after an attack is launched where the target doesn't get a notification, assuming that the Hades spell is not used? Like a few second delay or something before the opponent actually knows they're being attacked?

I only ask because my math is being a bit weird for calculating the opponent's travel time on an attack-- it's outside the normal anti-timer timings for the units they used, and calculating meteorology doesn't help it make sense.

As a similar question, if you do activate helm of hades or whatever the spell is called and there ISN'T a delayed notification, isn't that spell pretty useless if someone gets a notification on their phone or something that an attack is incoming, even if it disappears for a few minutes? Or does that potential delay make Helm of Hades actually meaningful?

DeletedUser7318

lighthouse?

Attack was by land-- early game still on Sestos so it was the same island.

The attack showed up somewhere between 23:30 and 23:50 or so, MAX 24:00 (Times are in terms of travel time to my city)

With meteorology, the speed is 22:30 for their slowest unit type(slingers)

Without it, it's 24:46

Hero was Andromeda too, not Atalanta

That's what gets me-- I saw the attack as soon as humanly possible and noted the time because I was playing at that moment, so I know I didn't miss 45+ seconds of an incoming attack, which lead me to believe that there might be a small delay before someone actually sees an incoming attack.

DeletedUser11502

Hi,

While I can't explain the specifics (not being a developer/programmer), in game there should be a relatively immediate alert.

The app alarm is whole different thing as it work off the cloud network.

DeletedUser7318

Hi,

While I can't explain the specifics (not being a developer/programmer), in game there should be a relatively immediate alert.

The app alarm is whole different thing as it work off the cloud network.

The app and the in-game alarm went off at around the same time-- I guess if it's a mostly immediate alert then I must've just misread the numbers then I guess, but I could've sworn that it was in the time frame listed.

Oh well, I'll test it out in the future I guess just to make 100% positive
maybe they returned in time for him to dodge

Yeah, I'm 95% sure that they got back in time for the dodge unless something REALLY weird happened with the timings, because I timing my counterattack to land 11 seconds after the latest possible return time for their unit speed, but the anti-timer kind of screwed me over regardless.

I was more concerned about the mechanic than the situation when I posted this, because it would heavily change the way I do certain things and help with calculating times a bit to know this information for sure.

As to my point about the Hades spell though, does the attack showing up immediately mean that Helm of Invisibility is pretty much useless if somebody is online to see the initial attack coming?

Last edited by a moderator: