Top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser15161

The world has been out for a few days, the forum is just starting... beginner's protection is running out what are your thoughts?

DeletedUser

I will do a rough rundown of these within the next 24-48 hours. Busy for the time being, but it shall be done!

DeletedUser

Okay so images don't show up, which means I'll have to do this the old fashioned way.

I will give an overall verdict on the alliance, then state where I think they will be this time next week on the rankings.

Now without further ado...

1. Tomorrow's Lunch Special

Their core ocean is O45 and, quite frankly, they dominate the very top right corner towards the very center of the core. They do appear to have an academy of sorts, although the difference in the way the two alliance profiles are laid out does bring up questions which I shall leave for another topic. They are currently third in ABP (40k behind second) and fifth in DBP although, if I had to guess, I'd say the majority of that DBP was taken by those who are sprawled across the other oceans in less favourable positions, which is a concern in itself. Why have members that far out? Overall I can see this alliance swimming for a while yet due to their solid core, but they're likely to lose those cities that are deep in the other oceans unless they start to fill in the gaps. Basically, be more aggressive.

Verdict - Swim
Prediction - #1

2. Relentless

Much like TLS, Relentless have a solid core but in O54. Also like TLS, they appear to have an academy (Relentless Knights - not doing caps cos screw caps) and, just to continue the comparisons, they also have cities spread in other oceans although they do have the benefit of the majority of those cities at least being close to their core. Top of ABP, they've clearly been busy since Beginners Protection ended and, judging by their DBP, they've also been having to weather a few storms. I'd wager them and TLS have probably been battering each other senseless, or certainly will be if they aren't already. They have a lower average than TLS and considerably less cities. Either they've not been successful in taking whatever cities they're targetting, or they're being hit from multiple sides which is hindering their success. Or both. Either way they're holding strong at the moment so only time will tell the full story about what's happening with them.

Verdict - Float
Prediction - #3

3. Caliber

I like these guys a lot. A small, close-knit group with their core in O44, highest average on the server so far, second on ABP despite having nearly half the members of other alliances around them, and second on DBP (but still 10k behind Relentless in #1), these guys look to be the one "elite" alliance that always pops up in every world. There's not much more to say here. Clearly they're in some kind of a war with someone (possibly cleaning out TLS and Relentless from their ocean as well?) these guys won't be falling anytime soon unless the dreaded boredom or inactivity hits. Expect them to climb the rankings as the weeks go on.

Verdict - Swim
Prediction - #2

4. Spartan Elite

First of all, worst name an alliance could possibly have in this game. With that out of the way, let's dig in.

They have a slightly lower average than relentless with a few more members. Their core is basically along the O54/55 border but with some random cities dotted around for whatever reason. I'd actually say their core is pretty solid, although they will be facing stiff competition from Relentless and Night Warriors. I'm not sure if they also have an academy under the name Spartan Dominion, or whether that's just another player who has doomed themselves with the word 'Spartan' in their name. They're sat 4th in ABP and 6th in DBP, so basically they're lagging behind the top 3 on all counts. Nonetheless their core does give them longevity unless one of the top 3 decides they look tasty and start munching. I just don't feel they could stand up to the larger alliances as a whole at the moment, but I'm open to being proven wrong.

Verdict - Float
Prediction - Somewhere between #4 and #7

5. Puppymonkeybaby

Loving the name guys, it's original and stands out!

Third in DBP and 6th in ABP, someone has been battering these guys as much as they've been trying to batter their opposition, and I'm going to bet it's Caliber as the two are pretty much sat on one another. They have a very low average compared to those above them, which isn't too surprising when they're stuck between Caliber and TLS. As much as I love their name and would love to see them stick around, I just can't see them surviving a constant assault from the alliances around them. Such a pity.

Verdict - Float for a bit, then sink. Sorry guys.
Prediction - I expect these guys to drop in the near future so I'll say around #7, maybe lower depending on how hungry Caliber and TLS start to get.

6. Relentless Knights

I refuse to use caps.

These guys are only surviving because they are the academy of Relentless. Their ABP looks good, that much needs to be said. But their average is very low and, as stated before, if they weren't an academy then they'd have been eaten by Relentless by now.

On the bright side, at least they're an academy that actually shares an ocean with their main alliance. It's surprising how rare that is.

Verdict - Float. The only way they'll go up is if someone drops below them. They won't be climbing from their own power alone anytime soon.
Prediction - #6, possibly move up to #5 if Pmb die out.

7. Spartan Dominion

They share O54 with Relentless, have poor ABP and quite low DBP. Oh, and an abysmal average. As with Relentless Knights (screw caps), this dominion is likely only alive courtesy of Spartan Elite and the fact Relentless are probably busy smacking other alliances. Nothing much else to say here.

Verdict - Float.
Prediction - #6 should Pmb sink as I predicted. Otherwise, they'll stay around here.

8. Night Warriors

With abysmal average, very poor ABP but with very low DBP, Night Warriors are surviving and little else. I don't know what's up with O55 in this world but they're proving to be a little bit of a disappointment over there. On the flipside, if one alliance can step up and take charge, they'll grow and become a formidable force in the blink of an eye. Right now Night Warriors are in the mix, but their current stats leave a lot to be desired.

Verdict - Float.
Prediction - #10

9. Tomorrows Lunch Special.

Another academy but hey, they have less members than the other academies. Sadly though their average is lacking a little. Their ABP is reasonable and they're ahead of Night Warriors, so that's something to cheer about. Truth be told I can see them overtaking Night Warriors if they keep up the pace and follow in the footsteps of their main alliance. Much like Relentless Knights (screw caps) though, they're surviving only because they are TLS' academy and nothing more.

Verdict - Float
Prediction - #9

10. Bobby's BBQ

Another small alliance, again in O45 (a good ocean this server) with just 28 members, these guys are clearly doing something right as they're still alive. Their ABP outweighs their DBP quite a way at the moment, although neither are anything special at this point. If they can hold tight and build a stronger hold in their ocean then I can see them being difficult to break. Keep up the aggression guys.

Verdict - Swim
Prediction - #8

11. The Black Death

These guys suffer from being right in the way of Caliber and Relentless. That said, their ABP is admirable considering their position, although their DBP shows just how much they're being smacked around. I respect the guys here for their attempts at aggression but I just can't see them competing with the alliances that surround them.

Verdict - Sink.
Prediction - Outside the top 12.

12. Wonders

Very spread out across O45, they're fortunate enough to be further out of the core so that they're not being targetted so much, although they still have a fair amount of DBP. They will survive for a time, but they need to strengthen their core and fast, otherwise they're likely to be consumed by the likes of Bobby's BBQ and TLS as they consolidate their position in the ocean. If they can do that, they're in with a shout. Otherwise, no chance.

Verdict - Float
Prediction - #11

And that's that. Apologies for the detail dropping as we went down but it's just too soon to say for some of them, or they simply aren't going to survive, so there's little else to say on the matter.

DeletedUser11243

10 it is Vinny. If the other 2 alliances want to be ranked - get better.

DeletedUser

11 and 12 will be fluctuating more than most anyway just due to the sheer number of up and coming alliances that are starting to make an impact in the world. Top 10 sounds fine to me

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Not a bad top 10, but you did miss the mark on Tomorrows Lunch Special., which is now at #5 and continuing to ascend rapidly. You also keep calling them an academy which is not true. We are the right arm and they are the left. Equal in every sense of the word.

DeletedUser

Judging by the difference in the number of members, one arm is longer than the other. Wouldn't call that equal. Nonetheless I stand by what I said. Equals, academy, it's all the same. Basically your lunch is so special and large that it comes in two courses. Which, as the smaller alliance, makes you guys the dessert.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Judging by the difference in the number of members, one arm is longer than the other. Wouldn't call that equal. Nonetheless I stand by what I said. Equals, academy, it's all the same. Basically your lunch is so special and large that it comes in two courses. Which, as the smaller alliance, makes you guys the dessert.

One way to look at! LOL

DeletedUser

As for being wrong, no-one's right all the time. I admit you're doing better than I expected. Good on you for that.

Now get back in the kitchen. You got lunches to make.

DeletedUser11791

Nice T12 Legacy.
The Relentless tree house has been shaken a bit of late. Deimos in 54 have been causing them some grief and apparently they are getting hit by others aswell... Floating for them will become quite hard if they can't find a way to push back.
Been watching Bobbys BBQ and they have not only accomplished your prediction they have surpassed it. Seems to me like some alliances grew too big too fast. Interesting world thus far though.

DeletedUser15232

I remember a few players from Bobbys BBQ from another server I went to Wonders on. These guys are vets dont underestimate them

Last edited by a moderator:

shab786

Citizen
As the previous leader of the Spartan Elite, who abdicated , quit then started again to play with some of my ex team mates in Gela, when the Guns alliance was running. I definitely will say it is interesting. SE has merged the top brass of their pact and formed Triad.It is very well organised and can testify to the new councils enthusiasm and leadership skills. TLS has a very high turnover of conquered cities and isl just flexing its muscles lol.

DeletedUser

I would say Triad within a month would be a former shell of itself. What is remaining of the alliance's leadership is some ass named Grepo Something, who might know how to kill and play the game but when it comes to leading, has the management style and strategic hindsight of an orange haired buffon. It will be no shocker to see more and more players leave that alliance or quit in the coming weeks.

DeletedUser11791

^^
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
i love reading some of these posts

DeletedUser15161

After the change in my alliance I will probably make a top 12.

DeletedUser

I'm gonna make one on Monday. Will be interesting to compare the two.

DeletedUser

What did I tell you about Triad, didn't even need a week from my prediction to be true, that worthless scum already tore the alliance in half...Some idiots shouldn't be left in charge...