Actium Hall of Fame

DeletedUser6919

Strange players pixie and athenakins are tooting their horns when the entire server they stayed as far away from reds. Misty is of course a much better player at the active front-lines during early-mid game. Her ability to take initiatives is actually better than pixie or athenakins who could not hold onto a frontline city. Misty did a far better job there and her ability to take cities from active players stands her out.

It's strange how much RL affects the game at higher speed, and if you're measuring how good is a player based just on activity, then good luck to you.

I was on the frontline and still am. The only city I lost to your alliance and pacts, was when you crashed my comp out with your spam attacking and even tho I couldn't log in, it still took you a few goes to take it. Hey, if that is the way you guys need to take cities, then well done you, clearly you'll are far superior. I mean, the rest of us mere mortals can't send over 100 attacks and recall them in just a few sec in order to do that, you've gotta have mad skillz bro and I totes believe that you are doing that stuff by hand ;)

However I have never once claimed to be good. I don't need to as it's totally irrelevant. I could be the worst player in the whole of Act and it wouldn't change whether if based on Actium performance, if Misty was is overrated here or not.

You claim that Misty has done well at taking reds, yet myself and the stats disagree with you. Of the 61 cities (not 91 like she claimed above) Misty took during her time in Actuim, 80% were unalligned or internals. Of the remaining cities, I can spot most were inacitves from other alliances, the few which I can see that were active, I know the cities lost were due to alarm issues and Misty taking them at 4am. There maybe a couple in there which were spectacular, but honestly I have never seen her take a punt at attacking someone awake. Just trying to get lucky and grab some off people that were having alarm issues, so I don't see her as being the best female gamer.

Before anyone comments just to be clear I'm not knocking it. I don't think there is anything wrong with grabbing offline players, it's easier. I'm just pointing out, as she hasn't taken cities off anyone who is online to defend themselves, I don't class her as the pinnacle of female players.

Even early and mid server, players like Nori, SG, Ildi, Candy Corn, ZetaKatt, pictureplan etc have surpassed Misty in battle points, conquests, activity, heck in every way.

I accept I haven't seen all her conquests, so the few she took off most envied could have been exceptional yet from what I have seen, she has always been below the average points and battle points of the others in her alliance and below par when compared to other women here.

You'll can keep saying that when judging a player, that their bash points don't matter, and their conquests are irrelevant, and make out that Misty is the only person to have taken time off on this server even tho it's BS yet you'll can't say what Misty does that makes her better than the other women here.

If you'll can't do that, based on her Actium performance, then she isn't the best female here, and therefore is overrated as she keeps claiming she is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11733

Pretty big read there.. And the same old whiny complaints about crashing your grepo.. You should grow up a little and just stop whining about the spam thing considering the fact no one buys it. Neither did I say misty is the best female player nor I see anyone rate her here. It's just your silly perception about something and i don't know from where you got this "nori matches my skill" vibe from misty when i have not seen her say anything like that being in the same alliance. And seriously it's only you who have a grudge against a few people and make sure to broadcast it all over the world (Either in forums/skype wc) something which is utterly childish and b****y(I hope your alliance members told that to you).

DeletedUser12662

she isn't the best female here, and therefore is overrated as she keeps claiming she is.

Bear Sloth is overrated considering most of us expected more knowing her experience and reputation, but I doubt she ever meant that she was best (female) player of Actium.
We were killing each other in Byzantium as opponents on daily basis for months, I know and respect her play very much, a team player who you can always count on, will get up in the middle of the night to snipe a CS or send you siege support, she can find your weakness like only few I know - can be derogated as taking offline players, but it is not that simple. We started as a small team (Checkmate) here without ambitions to participate in WW nor play any role in politics, rather wanted to stay out of it, just have fun... no delusions.
I know she gave up her preferences entirely for our (new) mates and despite her decreasing game time due to RL always tried to be there and add her experience when it was critical. Never lost a city, always remained loyal and will rather stick around until the end than looked for the easy way out like 99% of the average players would in same shoes.
She is special and complicated even in many ways, therefore I believe often misunderstood, what can truly hurt a sensitive person - more importantly she is a full-hearted player who looks after her mates like a Mommy Bear watches its cubs and adjusts to changes slow like a Sloth moves when her principles are breached. I wish you all to get a chance to play closely together with someone like her and all the patience along the way, it is worth it!

In addition to the general topic and saying this as someone who starts with new IGN, different approach, in whole new team almost every world:
this game is 90% personality, 9% activity, 1% skill.
All depends on how efficient you use your time, how much risk you take, skills relation with gold (ab)use, how well you hide your weaknesses, offline periods, adapt to changes, creativity... as far as propaganda on forum / world chat (e.g 'AD phenomenon')... etc.
Stats / ranking is nothing... can only reflect fragments of what kind of player you are and whether you belong to 'the best'. #1 is not necessarily the best, 2 bad clicks can destruct an alliance, like we saw it happen.
I was not once accused of being a grepo junkie, sitting in front of comp 24/7 in my parents' dark cellar - others would be way more successful spending the same time and less gold, we will never know though...

So this mud fight over who is better like if there was a right answer for that question seems to me odd but very entertaining...
Keep on the drama, I love you all :p

DeletedUser12251

Bear Sloth is overrated considering most of us expected more knowing her experience and reputation, but I doubt she ever meant that she was best (female) player of Actium.
We were killing each other in Byzantium as opponents on daily basis for months, I know and respect her play very much, a team player who you can always count on, will get up in the middle of the night to snipe a CS or send you siege support, she can find your weakness like only few I know - can be derogated as taking offline players, but it is not that simple. We started as a small team (Checkmate) here without ambitions to participate in WW nor play any role in politics, rather wanted to stay out of it, just have fun... no delusions.
I know she gave up her preferences entirely for our (new) mates and despite her decreasing game time due to RL always tried to be there and add her experience when it was critical. Never lost a city, always remained loyal and will rather stick around until the end than looked for the easy way out like 99% of the average players would in same shoes.
She is special and complicated even in many ways, therefore I believe often misunderstood, what can truly hurt a sensitive person - more importantly she is a full-hearted player who looks after her mates like a Mommy Bear watches its cubs and adjusts to changes slow like a Sloth moves when her principles are breached. I wish you all to get a chance to play closely together with someone like her and all the patience along the way, it is worth it!

In addition to the general topic and saying this as someone who starts with new IGN, different approach, in whole new team almost every world:
this game is 90% personality, 9% activity, 1% skill.
All depends on how efficient you use your time, how much risk you take, skills relation with gold (ab)use, how well you hide your weaknesses, offline periods, adapt to changes, creativity... as far as propaganda on forum / world chat (e.g 'AD phenomenon')... etc.
Stats / ranking is nothing... can only reflect fragments of what kind of player you are and whether you belong to 'the best'. #1 is not necessarily the best, 2 bad clicks can destruct an alliance, like we saw it happen.
I was not once accused of being a grepo junkie, sitting in front of comp 24/7 in my parents' dark cellar - others would be way more successful spending the same time and less gold, we will never know though...

So this mud fight over who is better like if there was a right answer for that question seems to me odd but very entertaining...
Keep on the drama, I love you all :p

Rdubbs>Elphine....just saying

DeletedUser12662

Rdubbs is so underrated! I can bomb you with any mass mails to prep for OP and use forum more often but can't beat his magic.
One attack / post of Rdubbs wakes up all the ppl, genius!

-R

for the best!

DeletedUser12251

We should all be more like him. Let us take advantage of our enemies never expecting us to defend with LS. IT'S GENIUS! Let us laugh at our opponents who kill off all of the troops in our cities and explain how they're the noobs (boobs).

DeletedUser12251

If you're bringing Bada players over, then I hope so lol.

DeletedUser13106

First off thanks you guys for defending me but let me be very clear pixie you can't read crap

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us45&server=us45&pn=Bear+Sloth&dow=all&rt=conquest

see this? do you see the green is cities i took the red are cities people took from me. I think your not reading it clear 16 cities that i took where given to my alliance to move them into the area. Did that hurt me yes it did but moving people in the area help us in the long run. What nori said is true in many ways but cities i took from my aliance mates where for switching or they where really good friends of mine from check mate and they wanted me to have there cities.

this only goes up to the july i took more than that i'm quite sure.(turns out 7 but the alliance died so looks like no one but they where red) Both nori and i moved many people into this area. LIke moki said i was on front line. I had maybe 2 back cities I don't even know where your at to be honest when we where battling. Other than that one city you took from inactive(or someone who handed it to you) to be in our area which someone flatten you out of. (not really your fault like i said some players do loose cities because they risky)

however if your going to quote stats and make opinions i thought i let you know how to truelly read it. After all its established not many can understand me. Yet people can understand this so i'm not quite sure what you can understand if you couldn't see it there in green and red.

oh the ones without alliances where in alliances its just that alliance is no longer in the world. You see grepointel keeps up to date and those people are now alliance less on the list though they are actually here. I don't even remember taking one ghost.

p.s. Hem please translate so she may understand .

DeletedUser13106

Lol don't bring BoB into your petty squabble. Pixie is a better player than you hands down, regardless of how much you claimed you played or not. To say BoB only got on 2 all red islands is a joke. We fought alliances on every front and pacted with no one until wonders. We took more than we gave against everyone.

All I know about you is you're a talker. Even when you did play in early actium you would make excuses and complain to everyone about everything you possibly could. Like the old saying goes....."excuses are like a**holes, everyone has one"

sory roy i was saying what you guys did on ours. I didn't mean it for your other sides. I meant it in our war.

DeletedUser11243

Most underrated player : Dusty1505. He is more of a defensive player. They don't get a lot of love. He's always been on the front lines and never lost a city. More than that he's saved a lot of cities. He's super fun to have in chat and a great team player. Here's to your D Dusty! (By D I obviously mean defense. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

DeletedUser

Most underrated player : Dusty1505. He is more of a defensive player. They don't get a lot of love. He's always been on the front lines and never lost a city. More than that he's saved a lot of cities. He's super fun to have in chat and a great team player. Here's to your D Dusty! (By D I obviously mean defense. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

What front line? Never seen him.

DeletedUser6919

The link you provided doesn't show all conquests or what alliance you took the cities off. So have attached a link from a different site with all your conquests on as it's unfair to miss any.

http://us.grepostats.com/world/us45/player/1387217/colonizations?type=gain&enemy_player=-1&enemy_alliance=-1&min_points=&max_points=&page=0

Using link you have taken 61 cities, the vast majority of those came from your alliance, your pacts (GoT, T4H, All saints, and the recent BoB ones) or were allianceless. The half conquests that did come from red alliances were inactive players, so are nothing to brag about.

There are a couple names that I don't know so they may have been good/active, and when a few of my team mates had alarm issues, you grabbed a couple which are legitimate takes but not overly impressive imo. So basically those few conquests to me, read more like you're a blind squirrel who occasionally finds a nut, rather than mighty lioness hunts down and terrorises its prey.

To put your conquests into perspective, I'd say I'm average and in the last month I have taken 11 reds, which is the amount you have taken over the course of the entire server so I'm not impressed.

Even the people trying to defend you on this thread say you haven't played well here

As I said about Misty, this may be a less than optimal world for her.

Neither did I say misty is the best female player nor I see anyone rate her here.

Bear Sloth is overrated

so why keep this going?

You have done nothing here other than send out messages making excuses for why you were not winning, or saying how you are more skillful and honorable that everyone else. Which is a total joke. As you failed to back up your claims, and you did all the things you insulted my team mates for.

Even now you are making up excuses about activity, trying to distort facts and site irrelevant issues in order to make yourself seem better than you are and I don't get why. Seems like a silly thing to lie about really

DeletedUser6919

What front line? Never seen him.

That will be 'cos Dusty preferred to play in the core and not down in O56. Now you have a new account you maybe closer to each other. Not sure where mojo's cities are on the map but I hope you'll bump into each other soon if you are not already in range :)

DeletedUser

This is where I was confused. I was in 46/56/55 and the more specifically 55 obviously and never have seen this name until just mentioned. He may be a good defensive player supplying LTS, but that's not really a full time role worthy or being called the Most Underrated Player.

DeletedUser

Also, let me just tell you all a true underrated player.

Have any of you heard of Terryngash? Certainly has not been mentioned in this thread. If you all want to talk about a fierce female fighter, you all need to stop squabbling among yourselves and look to her. #3 attacker, and the best fighter we have in this entire coalition and yet she has not been mentioned once.

She is chewing MWG up and spitting them out like clockwork. All by herself, too.

DeletedUser

this...

Also, let me just tell you all a true underrated player.

Have any of you heard of Terryngash? Certainly has not been mentioned in this thread. If you all want to talk about a fierce female fighter, you all need to stop squabbling among yourselves and look to her. #3 attacker, and the best fighter we have in this entire coalition and yet she has not been mentioned once.

She is chewing MWG up and spitting them out like clockwork. All by herself, too.

and...

This is where I was confused. I was in 46/56/55 and the more specifically 55 obviously and never have seen this name until just mentioned. He may be a good defensive player supplying LTS, but that's not really a full time role worthy or being called the Most Underrated Player.

are contradicting one another. you dismiss dusty because he hasn't fought anyone you are familiar with and bring up a player nobody else is familiar with.