Top 12: Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser9662
  • Start date

DeletedUser1048

lol MRA is the #1, 2, and 12 alliance. Shows how empty this world is. Especially when I am in the top 25 right now lol

DeletedUser2622

Looks like a few good alliances joined in 54. Should be interesting.

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
With 8 hours in this world I've decided to complete a brief Top 12: Sink or Swim. nothing special

1. MAD RAVEN ASSOCIATION: Originally the branch of MAD RHINO ASSOCIATION, they have seemed to grow faster then their fellow MRA alliance. There is a few notable names. They have a decent core, not sure many of those players even understand the term of core yet though. I actually joined this alliance for the quest. They are fairly disorganized, therefore. SINK
2. Rising Chaos: They hold the majority of 54 so far. They seem like a decent group, I only recognize a few players so I don't know much about them. Rush Hour is contesting them in their ocean so im going to be a bit harsh for them. SINK
3. MAD RHINO ASSOCIATION: Originally a pre-made, now its somewhat of a failed pre-made and MRA hybrid. The alliance has some great fighters so assuming they can assimilate to a central location they will do well under dak. FLOAT
4. Bring the Juice: Also a couple of notable fighters. Contesting Unsullied in 45 for position and control. Should be interesting between the two. SWIM
5. Unsullied: Much of the same as Bring the Juice, i'm generally uneducated about the two groups. Although uneducated I do falter my opinion towards BtJ. SINK
6. Ghost Pirates: Very notable fighters here, however, they are in a very contested ocean. Their existence relies on how well they fight. FLOAT
7. RAGE: Don't see anything special about this crew of players, however does have a decent leader, hoping to see them succeed in 45. TREADING WATER VICIOUSLY
8. NEMESIS: Seems to be an experienced crew according their leaders confidence but other than that i have no knowledge of their game play. SINK
9. Rush Hour: A pre-made with a solid leader at its lead. Also hoping to see this alliance succeed. Best of luck to them under Xpert SWIM
10. Mischief Managed: Also another experienced group, should be exciting how they come out of BP. SWIM
11. Riot: Currently the alliance I lead, all the players here have had experience playing together or against, very seasoned crew, hoping to succeed of course. With the obvious bias SWIM
12. Chaos Theory: Simply nothing special I see here without any prior research. SINK

DeletedUser2622

Sgt Seeker, very nice top 12. I am going to wait to post mine until after bp. Also a lot of these teams are in my ocean :)

DeletedUser

Sgt, come on, I know we only played together briefly, but you should know I don't join teams that lose their first big fight ;)

DeletedUser9851

Nice top 12, but i disagree with the sink on Unsullied. A lot of the same players that won Olympia, and i see Fridel is back.

DeletedUser11733

Nice top 12, but i disagree with the sink on Unsullied. A lot of the same players that won Olympia, and i see Fridel is back.

Idk.. same players that ghosted/quit the subsequent worlds after olympia including actium, baris and the revolt world just before farsala (us49) and got beat up by much smaller alliances over there despite having considering numerical advantage.

And in each world they followed similar strategy, make a lot of pacts and hold hands with more than 50% of the server and go for the best or top-ranked alliance and slowly try to assimilate the pacts.

Pretty boring to see the same bunch of players over and over again following the same strategy. I expect them to go boom early game with heavy gold usage and numerical advantage and overpower nearby alliances, and depending on or not the other alliances bend or not (pact would be nicer word) succeed or fail miserably in the world.

Pretty one-dimensional and predictable.

DeletedUser

Map

Map Key

1/Mad Raven Association - Spread across the core, along with their fellow MRA alliances. Heavily doubtful if the alliance will last past Beginners Protection. SINK

2/Bring the Juice - Nice core, but a few northern members seem to ruin the core. Most of the alliance will be fighting southern threats, leaving a gap for another alliance in 44 to swoop in and take those cities in the north. SINK

3/Rising Chaos - A couple of islands where they are dominant, but they seem to have take the recruiting strategy of "Scatter yourself over a wide area". While they are mostly only in 54, they have a member or two in 45 and 44. I don't think they will be able to take any targets out, considering they are in possibly the most contested ocean. SINK

4/Mad Rhino Association - See 1.

5/Unsullied - Core much tighter than BtJ, but still leans into 44 a lot. Will be interesting to see how they perform, but I at least see them beating BtJ. SWIM

6/Ghost Pirates - Looks much the same as RC, although with a much better core. They are along the border of 54/55, which could mean they get targeted by the alliances in 54, but they have many members deep in 55. I really don't see any outcome other than them sinking. SINK

7/RAGE - Seems pretty close together. They are further out in 55/45, which could work in their favour as the other alliances would take longer to reach them. However, Unsullied is very close and could take them on as a quick expansion route after BtJ. FLOAT, SINK IN THE LONG RUN

8/NEMESIS - A seemingly good alliance, in their core and in their experience. I would tentatively say that they will take 55 with no problems. SWIM

9/Riot - Looks spread out. I would imagine that they will survive, but simply because no-one will be looking into 44. If any better alliance comes up, they will sink faster than a lead weight. FLOAT

10/Rush Hour - My alliance, won't comment.

11/Mischief Managed - Looks nicely compacted, with no members at such a distance they can't be defended. They look like the main competition to RH in 54. SWIM for the time being

12/Chaos Theory - Is the competition of this world "Who can recruit the person furthest from the alliances core!"? If it is, I think CT wins. They have a good core in the far south of 45/55, and they should be good. Problem is, they've recruited someone in the far north of 44. They are sandwiched between Unsullied and Nemesis, and I don't see them making it through. SINK

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9614

Idk.. same players that ghosted/quit the subsequent worlds after olympia including actium, baris and the revolt world just before farsala (us49) and got beat up by much smaller alliances over there despite having considering numerical advantage.

And in each world they followed similar strategy, make a lot of pacts and hold hands with more than 50% of the server and go for the best or top-ranked alliance and slowly try to assimilate the pacts.

Pretty boring to see the same bunch of players over and over again following the same strategy. I expect them to go boom early game with heavy gold usage and numerical advantage and overpower nearby alliances, and depending on or not the other alliances bend or not (pact would be nicer word) succeed or fail miserably in the world.

Pretty one-dimensional and predictable.

Don't drag my name through that mess. The last world I played in, I won and daddy is back at the helm.

DeletedUser11733

Don't drag my name through that mess. The last world I played in, I won and daddy is back at the helm.

I never mentioned your name, just stating the obvious that even if you led in actium/baris or other worlds it'd have made no difference. Unsullied lacks out and out long term fighters (read relentless) to take the world on its own. I'd be damned if other alliances let the same "holding hands against better alliance" stuff happen here again.

But who knows, you may not have to worry about fighting as much in this server to win. I am rather surprised to see lack of good teams and lack of hype in this 4/3 world as compared to last 4/3 world (actium).

DeletedUser2622

What's your opinion of a "good team". I have seen 4 teams in 54 alone who have top players from past worlds. Is there a cut off for how many members must be on the team to count as a team?

DeletedUser10179

Winning a world by being a member is easy, now running an alliance that wins the world is very difficult. I would like to see how you manage that factor, good luck to you and your crew!

DeletedUser9614

Winning a world by being a member is easy, now running an alliance that wins the world is very difficult. I would like to see how you manage that factor, good luck to you and your crew!

I did found that alliance day 1.