In This Issue:
  • Update
  • Interviews
  • Exclusive News
  • Tavern Rumours
  • What Do You Think?
  • Wheel of Fortune

Update
Welcome to the sixth issue of Edessa Chronicles. Recently there has been a lot of things happening:

Parthian Shot has decided to massacre against Usual Suspects and it’s academy, Unusual Suspects. Parthian Shot is currently ranked 1st while Usual Suspects and Unusual Suspects are ranked 4th and 15th, respectively. Here is the score:
Parthian Shot VS. Usual Suspects & Unusual Suspects
5-0

Next we head over to the second place alliance, HAVOC. Currently, there is a one sided war between HAVOC and Agent Orange. Havoc is ranked 2nd while Agent Orange is ranked 7th place. Let’s take a look at the current score:
HAVOC VS. Agent Orange
0-5

Next we are going to head to over to Sith Battle Toads vs Shoot and Scoot & Scoot and Shoot. Sith Battle Toads is currently in 3rd place while Shoot and Scoot & Scoot and Shoot are in 13th and . Sith Battle Toads is currently obliterating the latter alliances. Now let’s look at the war score.
Sith Battle Toads VS. Shoot and Scoot
20-0
Let’s look at the war between Victorious Secret and Warlords. Victorious Secret is currently ranked 5th place while Warlords is ranked 28th. VS is crushing Warlords and taking over O56. Let’s have a look at the war stats below:
Victorious Secret VS. Warlords
13-0
We shall see Men of Mayhem vs MOST HATED. Men of Mayhem is ranked 6th in the worls while MOST HATED is ranked 19th. Currently, MoM is has a small lead over MOST HATED. Let’s look at the war stats below:
Men of Mayhem VS. MOST HATED
5-0
We shall look at the alliances serial killers and HAVOC. serial killers is ranked 9th in the world while HAVOC is ranked second in the world. serial killers is surprisingly able to take many cities from the much larger alliance. Let’s take a look at the rankings below:
serial killers VS. HAVOC
9-0
Let’s take a look at some of the smaller, less known alliances. The alliances we have here are Hiperborea and Immortal Assassins. Hiperborea is currently ranked 20 while Immortal Assassins is ranked 36. Hiperborea has a small lead at the moment, but this can change in the future.
Hiperborea VS. Immortal Assassins
2-0

These are the only updates I have for this issue, and now let’s head down to the interviews.

Interviews
Swamp-Fox
Parthian Shot

[spr]
What are your thoughts on the world so far?
Swamp-Fox said:
getting pretty fun. Impressed by Toads and Havoc so far.
Recently, your alliance seems to be taking cities from Usual Suspects and Unusual Suspects. Are you at war with them?
Swamp-Fox said:
Isn't a war considering the city takings only go one way.
What alliances do you believe will pose a threat to your alliance in the future?
Swamp-Fox said:
every alliance is a threat in it's own way.
Rumours have said that your alliance has a pact with HAVOC. Is that true?
Swamp-Fox said:
your rumors would be wrong haha
Do you think gold is required to survive in Grepolis?
Swamp-Fox said:
not survive, be in the top 15 yes.
To end the newspaper, how long do you think the world will last before WW starts?
Swamp-Fox said:
[/spr]

Clovic
Sith Battle Toads

[spr]
Clovic said:
It's been pretty good. Things are shaping up to be quite interesting, as is with every world. Many familiar faces in this world, I'm quite enjoying this boost from the Halloween event :p
Your alliance seems to be taking cities from Shoot and Scoot and it's academy. Is there a war going on?
Clovic said:
I would say it is more of a slaughter than a war. Their team is nothing compared to us. As seen by the stats, we've taken 25 cities off of them and crippled their numbers accordingly. They are basically our free supply if developed cities.
How many S&S cities have you taken yourself?
Clovic said:
Sadly I've only taken 1 due to my location.
Is your alliance planning to build world wonders?
Clovic said:
Eventually yes.
How long do you think this world will last before world wonders start?
Clovic said:
I think at least a year...at least I hope so, don't want it to start till some good rim alliances start popping up.
Is your alliance part of the Anti-Parthian Shot Coalition?
Clovic said:
I have no comment on that.
To end the newspaper, do you like the Percy Jackson series and why?
Clovic said:
I don't mind it, neutral about it. It's a cool story...though the hype is too much for what it is worth.
[/spr]
-Sub Zero-
HAVOC

[spr]
-Sub Zero- said:
We are here, too many disloyal & cowards, loyalty is the motto, so here to distribute some pain. Fighting PS coalition is a joke, so we having fun fighting in all our fronts.. Victory will tast that much better when it's all said and done!
Is your alliance against the "PS Coalition"?
-Sub Zero- said:
Ofc; dancing with the devil but the devil don't know how to dance.. They need to get laid!!!
What other alliances are in this Coalition?
-Sub Zero- said:
Ps and their babies, stroller is breaking so see how long they will hold em on their shoulders.. 813!
Do you believe HAVOC will reach world wonderS?
-Sub Zero- said:
yes!, yes!, yes! ;) we also have some strong loyal friends.

"survival of the fittest, to see success you have to suffer atleast a little bit"
~Sub Zero
Your alliance seems to be losing cities to serial killers. Are you at war with them?
-Sub Zero- said:
yes, basically SK/AO/PS are a team and coordinate attacks. They wont last tho, too much egos as always which will break them soon.
To end the newspaper, what do you like about Grepolis?
-Sub Zero- said:
I hate Grepolis ;)
[/spr]

Exclusive News
Recently, there was a merge between 2 alliances, serial killers and Conquer Factory. It occured on November 16th, 2015. I have interviewed SgtSeeker and bama mky to tell us why did so.

SgtSeeker
[spr]
Recently, Conquer Factory merged into serial killer. How did it happen? Was this planned out for weeks? What made you do it?
SgtSeeker said:
It was a very quick decision, it honestly wasn't discussed. I decided to merge with them because of the lack of forum participation in conquer factory. I only brought 20 players with me as they were the experienced, forum active players that could contribute. So far it's a great move, love the community feel here and simply put it sucks for those left behind because they'll either be conquered or conquered, which ever one suits them better.
[/spr]
bama mky
[spr]
Recently, Conquer Factory merged into you. Why did it happen? Were both alliances discussing the merge for weeks or was it sudden? And do you think the merge was beneficial to your alliance?
bama mky said:
we realized that it would benifit both alliances to be under 1 flag. in this game there is strength in numbers and they were in a position that will help for our plans. so we merged into SK.
[/spr]

Tavern
c1TDpP6.png

Welcome to another Tavern! Don’t you think it looks a lot bigger than before? It even has an outside beer place(Free of charge of course). The following are rumours that have been flying around in the Tavern. It is up to you to decide which ones are true and which ones are false.
  • ReBooted. has conquered 6 cities from serial killers and lost 0.
  • The most active alliance is Parthian Shot with 97% active players in the last 24 hours.
  • Parthian Shot has left ReBooted's streets piled with bodies. They ve conquered 21 cities and lost 2.
  • Agent Orange has conquered 5 cities from HAVOC. and lost 0.
  • HAVOC has conquered 5 cities from Heroes of Olympus and lost 0.
  • The pathetic Shoot and Scoot are being crushed by Sith Battle Toads. They ve lost 25 cities and taken 0.
Send me a copy of the paper and make sure the paper boy hits my porch not my roof again.
-bama mky
No it's so outdated. It was about use getting rid of the sister alliance and telling people to join the main.
-Cheater of Life
44 Atlantis(RatchetOne) is attacking TakingU Today at 0:08
i herd scipio isnt doing newspapers anymore. whos gonna continue the newspaper?

What Do You Think?

I have a question for all of you.

What are YOUR thoughts on the Halloween Event? Do you like it? Do you dislike it? What do you think needs to be done to this event?

Post what you think below!

Wheel of Fortune
Last Issue’s Winner: KYLLMEN
PROOF:
o2BJFS6.png

PRIZE: 3500 of each resource as well as a letter of congratulations.

Welcome to the 5th Wheel of Fortune.
Pick a number between 0-50
See you next week.

I hope you enjoyed this issue. If you want to +rep me, go ahead! If you want to enter the Wheel of Fortune, I highly recommend it! If you have any suggestions please post below. See you all in the next issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12822

My # is 29

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

your stats for war are wrong with Havoc the #2, - you've mixed it up with Havoc. their academy (Havoc with a period). For both stats - Serial killers and AO.
AO is up to 13 conquers of Havoc, and another 5 from Havoc. (with a period). Serial Killers has lost no cities to Havoc. (with a period) but has lost 8 to Havoc #2.

DeletedUser11560

I didn't include academies so it would be more fair.

DeletedUser

Good as always and like usual I cant rep you but my gues is 22

DeletedUser

I didn't include academies so it would be more fair.

I think you missed my point. You DID include academies - only the academy. The stats of Havoc v. AO and Havoc v. SK are both the numbers for Havoc. (the academy) and NOT Havoc (the main #2 alliance).

DeletedUser11525

Nice read.

my #: 28

As for the Halloween event: too predictable. Prizes are the same as always. No chance involved, other than what awards you get day to day.

For future events, we shouldn't be able to have a table of exactly what ingredients make exactly what. There are always impurities, so the effects should have some amount of randomness in them. Reduce some of the heavy unit awards and add some that impact long term play - unlocking slots in the inventory, extra research points, senate build acceleration (get 2 levels immediately), free CS, etc. We've seen the current awards for several events now, and other than creating a temporary rush of activity, they don't move the game forward, and with the predictable recipes, benefit people that buy specific ingredients to build nukes of specific units.

DeletedUser5088

Nice paper, I think we need to add a little something as of last night to the war stats:

HAVOC VS PS
Havoc: 2
PS: 18

DeletedUser11396

As for the Halloween event: too predictable. Prizes are the same as always. No chance involved, other than what awards you get day to day.

For future events, we shouldn't be able to have a table of exactly what ingredients make exactly what. There are always impurities, so the effects should have some amount of randomness in them. Reduce some of the heavy unit awards and add some that impact long term play - unlocking slots in the inventory, extra research points, senate build acceleration (get 2 levels immediately), free CS, etc. We've seen the current awards for several events now, and other than creating a temporary rush of activity, they don't move the game forward, and with the predictable recipes, benefit people that buy specific ingredients to build nukes of specific units.

Yea...I'd agree with this...it does get really easy for gold users like myself to obtain tons of BP and troops quickly. Especially the extra culture level. It makes the rankings completely lopsided with the top players having double the slots of everyone else. Top players with gold get more cities, making it harder for small players to catch up. I think city improvement is a great idea that will really benefit everyone.

DeletedUser11560

Yea...I'd agree with this...it does get really easy for gold users like myself to obtain tons of BP and troops quickly. Especially the extra culture level. It makes the rankings completely lopsided with the top players having double the slots of everyone else. Top players with gold get more cities, making it harder for small players to catch up. I think city improvement is a great idea that will really benefit everyone.

I think this world is beginning to shape up nicely. Like once the Halloween Event ended, many alliances just began merging all of a sudden.